Notable Long Island celebrities and their worldwide influence.

The one that first comes to my mind relative to my time is Billy Joel.

I recently reviewed all that he has contributed to the music industry and it is really amazing.

What a great representative of Long Island talent he was/is.

Tremendous songwriter, musician, singer, and showman. When I revisit his videos from the 70's and 80's, after so many years, it not only brings back great memories, it gives me a whole new perspective on just how talented he was.

I remember working out in the early 1980's at the old hardcore "Olympic" gym in Smithtown, where Al Oerter the 4 time Olympic gold metal winner in the discus throw, would occasionally come to train and repeatively hearing the Billy Joel music played as nearly 50% of the mood music there.

Of course, it seems the other 50% was "Survivor" with the "Rocky" music.

Talk about testosterone in the air.LOL

It really doesn’t matter if he’s a has been or never was. The man still pack them in and selling tickets.
You def got that right. He sells out wherever he is. I did t grow up on his music but I still know a handful of songs that are great and don’t get tired listening to.

Even that tribute band “Big Shot” sells out all the time because people love his music.

Patricia Mae Andrzejewski aka Pat Benatar — still use her early hits when I jog.
She went to Lindenhurst HS.

Ronald Walken aka Christopher Walken. Studied at Hofstra (did not finish).
Used to see him (before he got famous) when he acted in Shakespearian plays in Stratford Conn during the 70's where he performed with Fred Gwynne ( Gwynne already famous - but did the plays there just for the hell of it, not a long islander but close, sitcoms Car 54 to movies My cousin Vinnie).

Steve Buscemi .... Mr. Pink
Excellent in "Fargo"
Patricia Mae Andrzejewski aka Pat Benatar — still use her early hits when I jog.
She went to Lindenhurst HS.

Ronald Walken aka Christopher Walken. Studied at Hofstra (did not finish).
Used to see him (before he got famous) when he acted in Shakespearian plays in Stratford Conn during the 70's where he performed with Fred Gwynne ( Gwynne already famous - but did the plays there just for the hell of it, not a long islander but close, sitcoms Car 54 to movies My cousin Vinnie).
My most vivid picture of Chistopher Walken is in the Saturday Night Live sketch where he plays the "gold record producer" who needs "more cow bell".

I wonder if he was fucking Natalie Wood? I sure hope so.

Don’t forget Jerry Seinfeld and Steve Gutenberg both of Massapequa.

Then there’s Rosie O’Donnell from Commack. I was a junior when she was a freshman. She wasnt 1/10 the asshole she’s become.

Howard Stern from Roosevelt and Donald Trump from Jamaica Estates.

Ida Lipone from Northport.

Not one woman yet? As long as Billy Joel was brought up, how about his "Uptown Girl" Christie Brinkley? She was born in Michigan, raised in California, but there's no mistaking that she's a Long Islander now. And talk about eye candy! IMHO, she is probably the most naturally beautiful woman ever. Even today, when photographed with her daughters she looks like their gorgeous younger sister. At a net worth of about $250 million, she's a successful businesswoman, too, and knows how to pick a good divorce lawyer.

Don’t forget Jerry Seinfeld and Steve Gutenberg both of Massapequa.

Then there’s Rosie O’Donnell from Commack. I was a junior when she was a freshman. She wasnt 1/10 the asshole she’s become.

Howard Stern from Roosevelt and Donald Trump from Jamaica Estates.

Ida Lipone from Northport.
"Seinfeld"...IMHO the most consistently funny sitcom ever to hit the television air waves.

Kevin James from Mineola. "King of Queens"... another funny sitcom

Also, although he was born in Brooklyn, which as is Queens, many people equate as part of Long Island, Jerry Stiller played roles in both Seinfeld and King of Queens playing a similar type of character that was hilarious in both.

John Williams, famous composer wrote the music for Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Arc, ET, etc

Telly Savalas - Kojac
Lara Spencer - Good Morning America
Mario Puzo wrote The Godfather
Jon Taffer - Bar Rescue
Talia Shire (Francis Ford Coppola’s sister) played Adrienne in Rocky and Connie in all 3 Godfathers

Amy Schumer
Steven Sagal
George Segal
Geraldo Rivera
Natalie Portman
Bill O’Reilly
Eddie Murphy - roosevelt
Lindsay Lohan - merrick
Ralph Macchio- Huntington
Bob Costas - Commack (sports)