Not Our ATF: Kathleen Rice Will Run for Congress

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...k-carolyn-mccarthy-seat-in-congress-1.6905396

I've pasted that article at the end for everyone to see. First read the following link, the accuracy of which confirmed by a former law enforcement office I know:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2010/09/10/judge-amy-juviler-shoulda-had-kathleen-rice-disbarred/

Judge Amy Juviler: Shoulda Had Kathleen Rice Disbarred
7 Comments
There’s no voice clearer than that of a retired judge, and former Kings County Supreme Court Justice Amy Herz Juviler’s voice comes across loud and clear in this email obtained and published at Politico.

Friends —
In considering who to vote for in the Democratic Primary, eliminate from your consideration Kathleen Rice. She appeared before me a number of times as an ADA and she was unforgettable. It was her regular duty at the time to try to convict innocent men of misdemeanors who had been accused of felonies in cases where the evidence indicated false accusation. She regularly introduced perjurious statements, unfortunately often of children who had been induced by their Mothers to accuse their Dads in divorce disputes. In one case the original arrest was of a Mother who had beaten her 15 year old. When the Mother said the reason was to induce her to accuse the Mother’s boyfriend of statutory rape, Rice switched the prosecution. The reason the Mother did so,she said, was that hitherto her daughter and she had had a wonderful relationship, but her daughter, now an adolescent,started criticizing her Mother’s dress and make-up. The mother “reasoned” that the only cause was that her daughter was a romantic rival. The date chosen by the Mother was “the only one in which the 2 were alone.” Rice actually made the innocent 60 year old defendant with an unblemished record pay a lawyer to defend him against Rice’s prosecution. She unapologetically tried the case to verdict,even after the Jury could not restrain laughter when the Mother testified.

The worst case of all was when she despicably and deliberately suppressed evidence which supported the Defendant’s theory, undermined the credibility of the emaciated young looking 17 year old complainant and suppressed the fact that in less than a year she had been arrested for 5 felonies, including attempted murder and although she was put on the stand by the ADA, she had 5 warrants for her arrest which Rice did not present her on until after the Defendant, a young hard working man with no record, was convicted. Luckily I found out before he was sentenced and dismissed the case. I should have had Rice disbarred, because even after she had been caught violating the law, she was unapologetic. If you are still unconvinced, give me a call and I can give you more details and a couple of other cases.
A bit more about Rice: She neglected to vote for 18 years, until 2002, during which time she was a registered Republican until it served her interest to switch and ride Tom Suozzi’s coattails into office when she arrived as a carpetbagger in 2005. According to her commercials, she wants to expand the power of the AG’s office so she can go after corrupt Albany politicians. She has strong support from the assistants in her office, who want desperately for her to be elected to any job that will get her out of Nassau County.

My endorsement for New York State Attorney General is Eric Schneiderman, who has been a proven and consistent supporter of smart on crime, the protection of constitutional rights for all and the architect of the deconstruction of the Rockefeller drug law.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on September 10, 2010 by SHG.
Post navigation← In Oregon, Three Out of Four Ain’t BadThe Shelf Life of Infamy →
7 comments on “Judge Amy Juviler: Shoulda Had Kathleen Rice Disbarred”

Jim Keech
September 10, 2010 at 10:34 pm
Wonderful of the judge to put the information out there, but would it be too much to ask for judges to do something about these problems while they’re still on the bench and have the power and responsibility to do so?

Reply ↓
SHG
September 10, 2010 at 10:36 pm
Yup. Funny how they get religion afterward.

Reply ↓
Jack
September 11, 2010 at 1:15 am
She absolutely should have had her disbarred. Let’s face it – Kathleen Rice isn’t fit to be an attorney, let alone the leading attorney in a major county in New York State. She has a law degree from a school so low-ranked it shouldn’t even exist, admitted to using HARD DRUGS in her 20′s, and wasn’t even involved in the political process for most of her life.

It doesn’t surprise me that she was guilty of all these things. There are also rumors that she has been arrested, repeatedly, for drunk driving WHILE DA.

Question is – how has she risen so far? Who supports and bankrolls her? She seems unlikable and I’m surprised she beat that nice old man Dillon.

Reply ↓
SHG
September 11, 2010 at 1:32 am
So it would be fair to say you won’t be voting for Ms. Rice.

Reply ↓
Jim Keech
September 11, 2010 at 3:18 am
“She has a law degree from a school so low-ranked it shouldn’t even exist, admitted to using HARD DRUGS in her 20′s, and wasn’t even involved in the political process for most of her life.”

Ummm..I have to admit, in isolation and knowing nothing of the respective candidates, those items might make me MORE inclined to vote for her.

Reply ↓
SHG
September 11, 2010 at 10:16 am
Not everyone who used HARD DRUGS is someone you would want to hang out with. Some went bad and became prosecutors.

Reply ↓
Suzane
October 19, 2010 at 10:11 pm
I have so much respect for you. Thank you for putting out there how dispicable Kathleen Rice has made herself. I do know from living in the area that she well exceeds her drinking limits and has no problem speeding out of a parking lot drunk..Amazing how so many people think they are above the law. I only hope that more people see this…Thanks again for showing the facts and not some type of slander.

Reply ↓

Kathleen Rice to seek Carolyn McCarthy seat in Congress

Nassau District Attorney Kathleen Rice said Wednesday that she will run for Congress to replace nine-term incumbent Carolyn McCarthy, ending weeks of speculation -- and courtship -- by national Democrats.
Rice said that if elected, she would continue McCarthy's work to reduce gun violence, and also focus on issues that include immigration reform, human sex trafficking and small-business aid.
"I think my skill set and experience shows that I can address these issues and more, just as Carolyn has done," said Rice, who this month began her third four-year term as district attorney.
DATA: Nassau DA's office salaries
VIDEO: McCarthy announces resignation
PHOTOS: Rice through the years | McCarthy through the years
MORE: Poll: Do you support Rice? | McCarthy's life, career
"Carolyn has convinced me that when you get to Washington, you can get involved in as many issues that are relevant to your constituents," Rice added. "You're not pigeonholed by your background and what your past experience is."
McCarthy, 70, a Mineola Democrat who represents the 4th Congressional District, joined Rice, 48, at a Westbury diner to endorse her candidacy. McCarthy has been on leave from Congress to undergo treatment for lung cancer since June, but said her decision to retire after 18 years in office wasn't based on any single factor.
Rice, of Garden City, was first elected district attorney in 2005 in a race against Republican Denis Dillon, a 31-year incumbent. She had worked previously as an assistant United States attorney in Philadelphia and as a prosecutor in the Brooklyn district attorney's office.
After Rice narrowly lost a Democratic primary for state attorney general in 2010, party officials often mentioned her as a prime candidate for higher office. In November, she defeated Republican Howard Sturim, a former prosecutor, by 18 percentage points to remain the only Nassau Democrat with a countywide seat.
McCarthy and Rep. Steve Israel (D-Huntington), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, began speaking to Rice about running last fall, when McCarthy started telling people she might not seek a 10th term in office.
McCarthy announced last month that she would retire at the end of the year. Since then, Rice has visited Washington, D.C., for meetings about a candidacy, and top Democrats, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Vice President Joe Biden, have encouraged her to run.
"When you love the job you have, you want to see someone come in and continue the work," McCarthy said Wednesday. "Kathleen is going to take her own path; she'll find what interests she'll go with, but I also know she's passionate about reducing gun violence from her years being the DA."
Israel has said he wouldn't discourage candidates from running in a Democratic primary in the 4th District. Legis. Kevan Abrahams (D-Freeport), minority leader of the Nassau County Legislature, has formed a campaign committee to explore a run, and held a fundraiser Wednesday night. Legis. David Denenberg of Merrick and Malverne Mayor Patricia Norris-McDonald also have expressed interest in running.
On the GOP side, officials are courting Hempstead Town Supervisor Kate Murray, but she has yet to decide. Other Republicans seeking support include Nassau Legis. Francis X. Becker Jr. of Lynbrook and attorney Frank Scaturro of New Hyde Park -- both of whom lost to McCarthy in 2012.
Democrats hold a nearly 40,000-voter enrollment edge in the 4th district, but Republicans had dominated before McCarthy first won office in 1996.
Rice has had a good relationship with Nassau Republicans, but recently came under fire from the local leader of her own political party.
County Democratic chairman Jay Jacobs questioned why Rice didn't bring criminal charges against former Nassau Police Commissioner Thomas Dale, who resigned last year after Rice found that he directed officers to arrest a witness in a politically charged election-year case.
Developer Gary Melius, an Independence Party member, called Dale in October, saying the county executive campaign of former Freeport Mayor Andrew Hardwick wanted to file a perjury charge against a witness who testified that Hardwick paid him $1.25 for each signature he collected on nominating petitions. Petitioners can be paid per hour, but not per signature. Melius was the sole donor to Hardwick.
Democrats said Hardwick's candidacy was meant to siphon votes from their candidate, Thomas Suozzi, and help incumbent Republican Edward Mangano, whom Melius backed over Suozzi.
Jacobs has called for a special prosecutor to handle the case, citing ties between Rice and her chief investigator and Independence Party figures, including Melius, who were involved in the controversy.
Rice said Wednesday that Jacobs "is well within his right as a political leader to have his opinions, and he can voice them, but my job as DA is to make decisions based on the facts and the evidence and the law." She said Congress "needs people not to make decisions based on politics or overly partisan ideologies."
Looking ahead, despite criticisms she may face about the Dale case, Rice said: "I'm confident that I can win this race, I'm confident that I can be the best advocate for this district, and I'm looking forward to the campaign."
The Rice Resume
Kathleen Rice, Democrat
Home: Garden City
Education: Garden City High School; bachelor's degree, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.; J.D., Touro Law School
Career: Assistant district attorney, Brooklyn, 1992-1999; Assistant U.S. Attorney, Philadelphia, 1999-2005. Elected Nassau County District Attorney, 2005, and re-elected in 2009 and 2013; co-chair of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's special commission to investigate public corruption, 2013-present; ran unsuccessfully for New York State Attorney General, 2010.
Fundraising: Has $1.99 million in her state campaign account. Rice cannot directly use those funds in a federal campaign, but she may transfer them to political committees that contribute to House races.

No surprise she would run for congress. She's a political hack and an evil woman but she'll probably win the district.
Hell McCarthy stomped over her dead husband and wounded son to find a microphone. She's a do nothing in congress and so will Rice. She'll affect no change while she's there. She'll get in line like the rest of the sheep.
The positive is if she wins, you won't see anymore bullshit stunts like the 104 John bust. I would have to think there are not too many other people who would take such great pride and joy in ruining people's lives for doing nothing more than wanting to get laid by a legal age woman behind closed doors. Fucking evil woman!

......Hell McCarthy stomped over her dead husband and wounded son to find a microphone. She's a do nothing in congress and so will Rice.!
So what you are saying is she will be just like the rest of congress. The positive side of a do nothing congress is they do not pass any more stupid laws.
......The positive is if she wins, you won't see anymore bullshit stunts like the 104 John bust.....!
This is precisely why I intend to vote for her.

So what you are saying is she will be just like the rest of congress. The positive side of a do nothing congress is they do not pass any more stupid laws.
This is precisely why I intend to vote for her.
Exactly! It's a "career" move for her. Now she can sit amongst the rest of the do nothing thieves that have populated Washington for too long
The funny part is she's so delusional that she probably thinks she can accomplish something
She'll probably push for harsher sentences for John's. problem is most of congress partakes so that'll get quashed!

Oh boy. The only good that can come from this is getting her out of Nassau county. The bad is she'll be with all those other hypocritical democrat douchebags in congress.

If she wins I know about 4 defense attornies who will be having parties celebrating the fact she's not DA anymore.

Also as stated in the OP the law school she attended is a shithole.