non-cash payment

Hello hobbyists. Recently, so many girls ask to use gift cards such as eBay, Amazon, etc. Some of them said I can give a card hand to hand, which means I can meet before I pay. Do you guys think it is not a scam? Of course, I refuse CashApp, Zelle, etc or any upfront payment as I think it's a scam.
by hand to hand I assume you mean, you can give them the gift card when you meet? I don't know, I suppose that if the gift card you give them is new, legit, and they can tell you haven't done anything to scratch off the code or such things, they may in this case be treating it as similar to cash....

Hello hobbyists. Recently, so many girls ask to use gift cards such as eBay, Amazon, etc. Some of them said I can give a card hand to hand, which means I can meet before I pay. Do you guys think it is not a scam? Of course, I refuse CashApp, Zelle, etc or any upfront payment as I think it's a scam.
IMHO, the reason that anyone would want CashApp, Zelle and especially gift cards as it is the only way you can easily transfer money, that can be turned into cash, electronically.

So the end result is cash.

So it doesn't make sense to hand to hand a card, which they would have to convert to cash — it would be easier for both sides of a transaction to just hand to hand cash.

It smells of scam

It's a scam.
Why wouldn't someone want cash?
Cash is king.
yup.

IMHO, the reason that anyone would want CashApp, Zelle and especially gift cards as it is the only way you can easily transfer money, that can be turned into cash, electronically.

So the end result is cash.

So it doesn't make sense to hand to hand a card, which they would have to convert to cash — it would be easier for both sides of a transaction to just hand to hand cash.

It smells of scam

yup.
Right - there would be no way for them to tell how much is on the card, unless they check it there. Once they have the info to check it, they can send that to a friend who can spend it. Then they can tell you there’s nothing on the card or whatever, or they can just leave you the card and leave and you’re out the money. Unless the services are provided first and then you give them the card and the info - that may be okay but still smells fishy.

Of course, if you were to do that you should buy the gift card with cash - otherwise it can be tied back to you.

This SCAM of asking for a deposit upfront is becoming more and more popular.
It’s probably because it’s actually working on people. Once they get the “deposit” they simply stop responding.

No matter what they say, it’s a scam. Even if they give you verification photos of holding up certain amount of fingers or whatever you have them do .... it’s still a scam. Once they get the money it’s game over and they move on.
I’ve even seen a scenario of the actual hot girl from the ad do a google duo FaceTime talk to prove their real and it was actually her.
So it’s not all male hackers from all over the world that are doing this. Sometimes its the girls thinking they can make money by scamming.

Never ever send money before meeting.

So my general belief is that anyone asking for non-cash payment or not accepting cash is a scam. But I had a provider ask me to get an eBay gift card and then give it as payment in person. This one stumped me because I’m not sure how that would be a scan as I still have to meet the provider to deliver. Says she only does it for the first meeting. Anyone else experience this and was it legit or just another way to scam?

So my general belief is that anyone asking for non-cash payment or not accepting cash is a scam. But I had a provider ask me to get an eBay gift card and then give it as payment in person. This one stumped me because I’m not sure how that would be a scan as I still have to meet the provider to deliver. Says she only does it for the first meeting. Anyone else experience this and was it legit or just another way to scam?
Maybe (??) she thinks that, in case you are LE, that accepting cash for sex is a crime whereas accepting a gift card is not.

Maybe (??) she thinks that, in case you are LE, that accepting cash for sex is a crime whereas accepting a gift card is not.
Not sure. She asks you to buy the card and then text pic of receipt, at which point she gives address for meeting. Doesn’t seem like she can use the receipt to copy the card, which I thought might be the case, so she’d actually have to meet in order to collect payment. And why eBay?? That’s also bizarre to me.

Not sure. She asks you to buy the card and then text pic of receipt, at which point she gives address for meeting. Doesn’t seem like she can use the receipt to copy the card, which I thought might be the case, so she’d actually have to meet in order to collect payment. And why eBay?? That’s also bizarre to me.
The receipt may have the card information on it.
If it were me, I’d pass.

Just another thought — this may be a good business move on her part as if a potential 1st time customer goes through the effort to get the ebay card then it is reasonable for her to assume he is going to show up.

Had this happen to me awhile back.
At that time, it was an Apple gift card.
Pic of receipt, etc.
(I dont think the actual card info was there in the receipt, not sure)
THEN asked for pic of front and back of card.
Lol!
I didnt even have an Apple product.
Ultimately gifted the card to someone on some occasion ... mind officially blown when the other realized the worth of the card ... leading to a brief dalliance of sorts ... unexpected fun!
So, yea, no card ... unless you have an Ebay account, etc.
Cash only and always.

V

Had this happen to me awhile back.
At that time, it was an Apple gift card.
Pic of receipt, etc.
(I dont think the actual card info was there in the receipt, not sure)
THEN asked for pic of front and back of card.
Lol!
I didnt even have an Apple product.
Ultimately gifted the card to someone on some occasion ... mind officially blown when the other realized the worth of the card ... leading to a brief dalliance of sorts ... unexpected fun!
So, yea, no card ... unless you have an Ebay account, etc.
Cash only and always.

V
Yeah, that’s always been my policy and seems I’ll continue to follow that strategy.

Yeah, that’s always been my policy and seems I’ll continue to follow that strategy.
As was the case with vad1, she would have then moved on to asking for a pic of the front & back of card. At which point you would have then been scammed as she instantly spends the card. While an address she may or may not give is most likely fake. So then imagine you knock on some door that they don't know why the F#@$ you are on there doorstep!!

As was the case with vad1, she would have then moved on to asking for a pic of the front & back of card. At which point you would have then been scammed as she instantly spends the card. While an address she may or may not give is most likely fake. So then imagine you knock on some door that they don't know why the F#@$ you are on there doorstep!!
Nope nope nope nope nope!! Ain’t going to happen!!

As was the case with vad1, she would have then moved on to asking for a pic of the front & back of card. At which point you would have then been scammed as she instantly spends the card.......
What if when she said that for 1st time she needs to see receipt for card, you reply "sure, but you don't get to see both sides of the card until I give it to you when I see you"