NHL Hockey

MSG is never the place to be, nothing to do with the teams, Dolan's are the worst.
Ive done work for both James and Charles up in Oyster Bay Cove. They are not the worst people you’ve ever met. James is kinda funny. Charles (James father) was very hospitable. When talking to Altice techs (formally optimum techs) , a lot of them wish he stayed. He may not have treated them as well as my company (mainly due to a very strong Union), but it was head and shoulders above what this French outfit is giving them.

Wanna talk the worst. I’ve also worked in the Wilpons house. They are hands down the biggest assholes on the planet.

Nicest person I’ve worked for ? Nelson Doubleday.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Ive done work for both James and Charles up in Oyster Bay Cove. They are not the worst people you’ve ever met. James is kinda funny. Charles (James father) was very hospitable. When talking to Altice techs (formally optimum techs) , a lot of them wish he stayed. He may not have treated them as well as my company (mainly due to a very strong Union), but it was head and shoulders above what this French outfit is giving them.

Wanna talk the worst. I’ve also worked in the Wilpons house. They are hands down the biggest assholes on the planet.

Nicest person I’ve worked for ? Nelson Doubleday.
Funny, I worked for Doubleday back in the mid 80's and met Nelson at the Christmas parties.
He was a very "basic" guy.

There will be a sweet silence when I return to work on Friday. The only way to Identify the islander fans will be their bumper stickers. Because their gear will be tucked away……
Yes, congrats! The Rangers really handled the Islanders minor league affiliate well. Gotta love all these early season Ranger fans chirping about the Islanders. Its not how you start, its how you finish. Last time I checked the islanders got to the conference finals the last 2 years while the Rangers were on the golf course.

Yes, congrats! The Rangers really handled the Islanders minor league affiliate well. Gotta love all these early season Ranger fans chirping about the Islanders. Its not how you start, its how you finish. Last time I checked the islanders got to the conference finals the last 2 years while the Rangers were on the golf course.
Aswww do I hear a little bit of a whine? The past is the past we look at the current and the future. The current is the islanders are in the bottom of the conference and a long way from the playoffs while the Rangers are near top of division ! The future shows the islanders as the oldest team in the league with a limited future while the rangers are one of the youngest with a great future. Yeah ok we beat Bridgeport last night but won’t remember it in May while we are battling in playoffs and your not

Aswww do I hear a little bit of a whine? The past is the past we look at the current and the future. The current is the islanders are in the bottom of the conference and a long way from the playoffs while the Rangers are near top of division ! The future shows the islanders as the oldest team in the league with a limited future while the rangers are one of the youngest with a great future. Yeah ok we beat Bridgeport last night but won’t remember it in May while we are battling in playoffs and your not
All nice points TB, for the record I don't ever whine, I say it straight.
With age comes experience and with youth comes inexperience.
We got what, 65 games left? Lot of teams have gotten off to excellent starts, it all evens out. Injuries, Covid, you never know. Rangers can't stay this hot and lucky without injuries and the Isles can't be this bad.

Rangers future does certainly look bright, but rarely if often does a young team like the Rangers squash the rest of the league all season long and roll through 4 rounds of playoffs and win a cup.

This Islander crew reminds me of the late 70s teams that couldn't get over the hump until Goring came on board.

All nice points TB, for the record I don't ever whine, I say it straight.
With age comes experience and with youth comes inexperience.
We got what, 65 games left? Lot of teams have gotten off to excellent starts, it all evens out. Injuries, Covid, you never know. Rangers can't stay this hot and lucky without injuries and the Isles can't be this bad.

Rangers future does certainly look bright, but rarely if often does a young team like the Rangers squash the rest of the league all season long and roll through 4 rounds of playoffs and win a cup.

This Islander crew reminds me of the late 70s teams that couldn't get over the hump until Goring came on board.
Fair points but I’ll stand by my opinions

I think we are talking about this year......?
Anyway, Islander had issue before this Covid outbreak. If most their players are coaxed, then good job by the league to cancel some of their games.
you just can’t compete with this many players out.

I think we are talking about this year......?
Anyway, Islander had issue before this Covid outbreak. If most their players are coaxed, then good job by the league to cancel some of their games.
you just can’t compete with this many players out.
Going into the season I felt they needed at least one more goal scorer, a real sniper type. They lost eberle in expansion draft, he had 30 goals last year. With the covid issues and injuries its starting to spiral. I didn't expect them to struggle this much. We will see if Trotz has any magic in his hat to unfuck this start.

Going into the season I felt they needed at least one more goal scorer, a real sniper type. They lost eberle in expansion draft, he had 30 goals last year. With the covid issues and injuries its starting to spiral. I didn't expect them to struggle this much. We will see if Trotz has any magic in his hat to unfuck this start.
Well if any coach can, its certainly Trotz.

I know Lamoriello gets all this praise for turning the Islanders around but it's much more a Trotz turn around. This team just can't score and he protects his 4th line guys over a 30 goal scorer in Eberle in the expansion draft? Look at the season Eberle is having. Then he brings in Parise to replace his goal scoring? Parise is a shell of himself and let's be real here as much as you don't want to hear it, this team was built largely by Snow. Lou was brought in to keep Tavares (for better or worse) and failed. This team still has a nice core but needs to add scoring in a big way. Unfortuntaly, it's getting late, early for them. 77% teams in playoff spots at US Thanksgiving actually make the playoffs. Being that they're last in the division and they average 1.88 goals per game it's gonna be a tall task to jump over all those teams. Rangers may fall out, but they have to jump over a bunch of good teams in the toughest division in hockey. Good luck to them.

I know Lamoriello gets all this praise for turning the Islanders around but it's much more a Trotz turn around. This team just can't score and he protects his 4th line guys over a 30 goal scorer in Eberle in the expansion draft? Look at the season Eberle is having. Then he brings in Parise to replace his goal scoring? Parise is a shell of himself and let's be real here as much as you don't want to hear it, this team was built largely by Snow. Lou was brought in to keep Tavares (for better or worse) and failed. This team still has a nice core but needs to add scoring in a big way. Unfortuntaly, it's getting late, early for them. 77% teams in playoff spots at US Thanksgiving actually make the playoffs. Being that they're last in the division and they average 1.88 goals per game it's gonna be a tall task to jump over all those teams. Rangers may fall out, but they have to jump over a bunch of good teams in the toughest division in hockey. Good luck to them.
I Hate the Islanders, and a big ranger fan, but, Things change all the time, however, its both. Lou has been the best GM in Hockey for 15 years, and trotz has been the best coach in house for maybe 7 , 8 years? So to have them both, is very special.