Nfl Draft.

Although it will take several years to see how this draft turns out, and to see who really did well, We can still talk about it and analize it. How did your Favorite team do? Pats , I think did great. They just shored up their Defense. Belichek got very good players. Jets I think it will turn out being really good. They drafted some players who can turn out to be steals and become great players, but their top 2 can also be a bust. Their second round can turn into a stud WR or just be a burnburner who cant get open, because he is a great talent who can fly, but can he run a rout? . Giants, I think did very well also... Why wouldnt they, they are the Giants and have done a great job for a while now. Bears have a terrific draft., Miami had a terrible draft. Reached for a project QB, who they should have traded down to take.Although I liked them picking the Miami RB, I think he will be good, although most dont...

I'm a little worried about Coples, the Jets 1st round DE from UNC. I'm always leery of guys who supposedly don't have great motors and have a little dog in them no matter how athletically talented they are. NFL history is littered with guys like that. I was right about not liking the Gholston pick a few years ago and I hope I'm not right about this. We will see soon enough.

I hope you are wrong.

I like that Jets went with someone who have incredible upside. Rex will get everything out of him... I hope.... He is different than Gohlston. Everyone loves this kids talents. Everyone says top 5 talent. Everyone said that last yrs early mock drafts had him in top 5... Then, I agree he did not show up on every play or every game. Someone wrote that he is so fluid, that it almost looks like he is not going all out. But I hope that he lives up to his talents. Gohlston? There were guys who said he is the next LT, then I remember reading that the most important thing a pass rusher has to have, is great hips... They also said that Golhston, coming out of Ohio State, may have the worst hips that they ever saw. He will neve be able to get off the line, on the pros.... Well, they were write... Hope this is different.

Last edited:
I disagree about the Dolphins not having a good draft. Yea they took the QB too early and could have traded down and gotten more picks, but to get the Miami RB in the forth round, with his speed, and being a local kid, is a real good pick.

As a Steelers fan, I was thrilled they got DeCastro the best OL prospect in years and then got another OL the next round. I also thought the Bucs and the Bengals had good drafts.

On a side note, I hate that the draft is on Thu and Fri nights and then on Saturday. I know guys who would have all day draft parties on Saturday and have mock draft contests. Instead of it being an all day event, it seems like it is now just a TV event.

As a Steelers fan, I was thrilled they got DeCastro the best OL prospect in years and then got another OL the next round. I also thought the Bucs and the Bengals had good drafts.

On a side note, I hate that the draft is on Thu and Fri nights and then on Saturday. I know guys who would have all day draft parties on Saturday and have mock draft contests. Instead of it being an all day event, it seems like it is now just a TV event.
I agree. Shorten up time between picks and have it all on one day or at least the first 4 rnds on forst day. Steelers did well.

Considering Elway and Manning are the only ones I can remember that backed up their pre-draft hype, no one can say whether Miami, the Colts or Washington got the best pick. And you'll probably have to wait a season or more cause unless Mat Moore and Gerrard break their legs in Miami there's no way Tannehill starts a game until late in the season. He might move ahead of Gerrard but Moore is a solid QB with better numbers than half the starting NFL QB's last year including Sanchez and Flacco who have been playoff winning QB's the last few years.

Considering Elway and Manning are the only ones I can remember that backed up their pre-draft hype, no one can say whether Miami, the Colts or Washington got the best pick. And you'll probably have to wait a season or more cause unless Mat Moore and Gerrard break their legs in Miami there's no way Tannehill starts a game until late in the season. He might move ahead of Gerrard but Moore is a solid QB with better numbers than half the starting NFL QB's last year including Sanchez and Flacco who have been playoff winning QB's the last few years.
I agree. Moore will and should start. He is solid. They reached Tannehill but he will be looked upon as a future QB. He is nowhere near ready to compete for a starting job. As I reead more about the draft, Miami got killed and said it was a wasted draft for them..... But I agree with Ozzy, you have to wait a yr or 2 at the least. in 2 yrs, you may look at the Miami draft and say it was solid, but only if Tannehill starts and is good.

Miami's draft was probably average but hinges on Tannehill if it's a success. And Tannehill is 1) smart, 2) very athletic and 3) a former WR which gives him a better understanding of how routes are run than most QB's in his position. He's not as far behind Luck or RGIII as his experience might make you think.

Spoken like a true Miami fan.....lol... Hey for their sake, I hope your right.. Everyone thinks they reached for him as they could have had him later in the first round,and get an extra pick, but sometimes if you want someone, just get him.. Plus he does not have the pressure to start right away like most high first round picks because they have a capable QB...