New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Charged With Soliciting Prostitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm surprised by this. Many months ago I read this article that there was no one charged with sex trafficking.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/robert-kraft-sex-work-trafficking-florida-823153/

The whole reason for the warrant to get cameras in the spa was the charge of sex trafficking. Turns out the prosecutors were wrong. The women who worked there were consensual sex workers. Not trafficked women forced to work there.

Maybe they want to save face and nail a "big fish" to make it look like all their efforts were worth it. The trafficking of people is a horrible thing that must be stopped. But when the word trafficking is used to describe consensual sex work it diminishes that word and takes resources away from real trafficking cases.

Just read that as of yesterday all charges against Kraft are being dropped.

So after all this time, money, and hyped up news this is the final out come. No one was charged with trafficking and the charges against their big catch, as well as the two dozen other customers are being dropped. The owner of the spa is charged with promoting prostitution.

Turns out the police taking hidden video at a massage parlor is an invasion of privacy. A judge threw out the video. No video, no charges. I hope this prevents other LE agencies from trying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.