Nets Brooklyn Arena @ Atlantic Avenue gets the greenlight?

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Well, let's hope so. These economies are struggling, the area needs the jobs and the tax revenue from such venues.

Anyone with additional commentary here? I don't have all the information at the ready for this one.

Gavy

After its built...it will sit half empty because of the huge prices they have to charge for tickets. And it will be just like the new baseball parks. I can't believe what happened ? It used to be that a hot dog, beer and peanuts...maybe cracker jacks....and that was it. Now you have white linen tablecloth restaurants, sushi....what the fuck happended to baseball ???

Now the lawsuits start. Folks, we're not good enough for sports anymore. going to a venue now belongs to guys (entertained clients) who talk on their cells throughout the game and leave 45 minutes early.

Will they be called the Brooklyn Nets? Because I can see New Jersey demanding that they keep the name. After all, the New York Giants play in New Jersey. It would be interesting to have a NY team playing in New Jersey and a Jersey team playing in NY.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Well, they were on Long Island for at least 6 years. I don't remember Dr. J on LI, but I do remember all the "Hubbub" about Dr J on LI. They were the New York Nets originally.

Ratner and Jay-Z will definitely dub them the Brooklyn Nets anf give Brooklyn it's rightful place back in with a major pro-franchise...

Go Nets! (From a guy that never watched or played the sport, but I'll root for them all the same)

Gavy

i remember going to net games on the island. it seemed like there were about 500 people there, including the teams and their staffs. lol. wait, that might have been during the aba days. it's been so long since i even wanted to go to a game, i can't really remember the years.