Need help Converting...

...A file from a QuickTime format to make a DVD.
I have a video on my PC(Windows Vista Home Premium) that is in a .MOV format and only plays with QuickTime. I need to somehow convert it to some format that I can then download it and burn a CD. I no longer have the video on my camera so I can't just bring the memory card anywhere.
Any Help and ASAP would be much appreciated.
Thanks
LD

Last edited:
I have a video on my PC(Windows Vista Home Premium) that is in a .MOV format and only plays with QuickTime. I need to somehow convert it to some format that I can then download it and burn a CD.
I no longer have the video on my camera so I can't just bring the memory card anywhere.
Thanks
LD
If your concern is size, then you would have to edit the file to fit it on a DVD, ie make it shorter. I think DVD's can accomodate 2Gbs of storage at a minimum these days.
Im not sure if Real Player or Windows Media Player can play these, but I think it maybe a preference setting on your PC.
You might try a google search for making mov files playable on dvd players if that's your aim.
-DR

justme

homo economicus
I have a video on my PC(Windows Vista Home Premium) that is in a .MOV format and only plays with QuickTime. I need to somehow convert it to some format that I can then download it and burn a CD. I no longer have the video on my camera so I can't just bring the memory card anywhere.
Thanks
LD
I Googled .mov to dvd and got hundreds of hits.

Or are you looking for a specific recommendation for software?

Most DVD players can't play a .mov format some of the better ones maybe). Pretty much any video editing software should allow you to convert a .mov (it's not like it's an uncommon or proprietary file like Divx). Windows Media Player can probably convert .mov if you download the plug-in. Real Player and Quicktime... don't waste your time with that out of date garbage. Check your DVD manual to see what files it supports so you know what to convert to.

Thanks...

.....To all 3. As justme said it was pretty much easier than I thought. Googled it and found what I thought to be the best/appropriate program to download. I was trying to do it with software already present on my computer.

A lot of the software you can download for free only gives you demo features... usually won't allow you to edit a clip more than a few minutes long or has a file size limit.

forget it.. buy a brite-view cinematube. connect it to your tv and to your internet.. then you can share a folder and watch stuff from your computer/network drive right on your tv.. or connect a usb drive or even a thumb drive. it supports a ton of formats.. no need to convert anything to dvd anymore. will play dvd/dvd images.. blue ray images.. avi mpeg mov wmv9 and can play your mp3's and view your photo albums too. its the future and its like 109 bucks. western digital makes a media player too.. dont buy it.. it sucks.