Need Advice on Planning a trip to Thailand

would love to take a trip to thailand (alone), but have an SO, and it would defintely raise a red flag. best scenario i have come up with is the SO wants to go somewhere I'm not into. so i suggest we do separate trips this time ( we have done this b4 ). Then in the planning stages, i decide to go to a few places in asia, e.g., india, cambodia, thailand, etc... still might raise a flag, but might work. Anyone else figured out how to get around the reputation Thailand has as an asian hooker heaven?

Why couldn't he post the link to the other board?

BTW, there are boards for hobbying in any number of other countries. There's a very good one about hobbying in Costa Rica, for example.
the reasoning is that UG has an area that users can post in to discuss the topic. By permitting posts of links to other sites UG would be sending users somewhere else to talk about the topic. If UG were to permit this for any area where it did not have a great depth of posts and users on the topic, then it would never be able to grow in those areas by encouraging posting right here. (you might argue that any kind of discussion invites more discussion). If the other site was willing to enter into some sort of arrangement with UG that might be another story, but it would all be well beyond me in any event.

would love to take a trip to thailand (alone), but have an SO, and it would defintely raise a red flag. best scenario i have come up with is the SO wants to go somewhere I'm not into. so i suggest we do separate trips this time ( we have done this b4 ). Then in the planning stages, i decide to go to a few places in asia, e.g., india, cambodia, thailand, etc... still might raise a flag, but might work. Anyone else figured out how to get around the reputation Thailand has as an asian hooker heaven?
tell her your going to X and then go to Thailand instead.

the reasoning is that UG has an area that users can post in to discuss the topic. By permitting posts of links to other sites UG would be sending users somewhere else to talk about the topic. If UG were to permit this for any area where it did not have a great depth of posts and users on the topic, then it would never be able to grow in those areas by encouraging posting right here. (you might argue that any kind of discussion invites more discussion). If the other site was willing to enter into some sort of arrangement with UG that might be another story, but it would all be well beyond me in any event.
Yes, but, for example, when some posters have inquired about hobbying in Toronto, they've been given good info but also told to look at a particular board up there that specifically caters to that market. I don't see anything wrong with encouraging someone to discuss a topic here, but pointing them in the direction of another board where they can find good info. The idea, in the end, is to share information, not just to share information on this particular board.

A notice from your friendly pragmatist.

Just a reminder to be careful regarding the potential for mix-up regarding foreign age of consent laws. That in some countries the age of consent is lower [shudder] than in most states in the U.S. should not give the traveler seeking commercial sex abroad less reason to be concerned, but more...

Now I won't put my morality into this other than to say I hope we will all consider the well being of the young and do nothing to harm any person not old enough to fully understand what they are doing. That said, in countries where the age of consent is lower than most of the U.S. they will not feel obligated to make sure you, the U.S. traveler, is complying with U.S. laws regarding engaging in commercial sex abroad with what constitutes someone under the federal age of consent [age: 18]. They'll quite happily let you do what their locals do without second thought toward potentially setting you up for nasty business at home once you get back.

You can be prosecuted in the U.S. for what you do abroad, so be careful and stay within the U.S. laws as these federal crimes carry steep penalties.

If you are unsure Google U.S. Code, Title 18, Chapter 117, SubSection 2423 and, most particularly, "The Protect Act of 2003".

Be careful.

Last edited:
Yes, but, for example, when some posters have inquired about hobbying in Toronto, they've been given good info but also told to look at a particular board up there that specifically caters to that market. I don't see anything wrong with encouraging someone to discuss a topic here, but pointing them in the direction of another board where they can find good info. The idea, in the end, is to share information, not just to share information on this particular board.
While i see your logic, this was the decision i got from S.B. For all we know... the Toronto board may have had a reciprocal banner exchange. I would be interested to see a link to the post to which you refer.

the general rule can be found at http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71480&postcount=2

Last edited: