MONGER HEALTH AND HEALING.

Recently had a health scare that left me distracted and full of anxiety- After getting some favorable news, I’ll now look at the glass as “half full “ instead of “half empty”..

Barring some cataclysmic event in one’s life, there is no reason to stop- Is there?

Life is precious and short. Enjoy it.
Most important is your health. Glad that the scare turned out to be unfounded. Have a plan to live to be 100 years old. Make small positive changes in your life, even though they may be slightly unpleasant and not currently your habits. Small changes are implementable.

Less animal fat and less salt are usually a good start, less processed foods. (stay away from all the joints in the crispy deep fried chicken thread on the UG website for a while or only visit them on occasion. The oil that they use is probably pretty old and carcinogenic)

@genius mentioned once, I think, eating oatmeal with flaxseed and brown rice later in the evening. Whole grains like oatmeal and brown rice can be made tasty by what you add to them as condiments, sauces, pickles, fermented products, pesto, sesame or olive oil, herbs, spices. Every great culture, dating back to antiquity made whole grains the centerpiece of their diet, with all other foods as side dishes.

Whole wheat pasta with a nice organic tomato sauce. Healthy food can be delicious. Brown buckwheat soba noodles found in H-Mart are cheap and delicious asian wholegrain pasta that is a male aphrodisiac in Japan. Fruits and vegetables always on the list of healthy eating.

(Sweet Potatoes and yams: Lennox Lewis, the great heavyweight boxer claimed that he owed his great strength to those tubers, and they are loaded with vitamin A, beta-carotene for your skin and a great antioxidant and anti-cancer vitamin, along with all other rich orange colored fruits and vegetables, mangoes, carrots, squashes. The great undefeated heavyweight champion, Rocky Marciano drank quarts of fresh carrot juice daily while training to beat assasins like "Jersey Joe Walcott, Archie Moore, Don Cockell, Ezzard Charles, Roland LaStarza; and Rocky was a seriously undersized heavyweight but was tireless) Watermelon is great for liver and kidney cleansing and also is loaded with citrulline for strong erections.

Even Costco has great products like decent wholemeal breads, whole grains, beans, organic humus (whole chickpeas, sesame tahini, lemon, sea salt) tabbouleh salad (cracked wheat)

Go to the ocean for a cold swim or dunk (cold water reaction on your body, exercises many internal movements and stimulations) and take a walk in the sand and catch some sun beams, look into the sky and contemplate the vast universe, and let it sink into you, inspire you, uplift you, raise your consciousness.

Breathe deeply, climb flights of stairs, (Builds strong legs, endurance and deep breathing. Not to mention, helps your thrusting capacity and power when up against stronger, healthy, robust and muscular young women) sweat it out, and then calm down. Pray for long life and health. Be kind to others around you (I know you are, already) and smile and laugh a lot.

Be comfortable in a chair and using a pair of earplugs, be still and listen to that inner constant hum from deep within you.

Alternate hot and cold showers, do some simple stretching, yoga, leg raises, and the highly touted very easy "Five Tibetan Rites," which are all over the internet. (five simple exercises for longevity and sexual virility)

Try to minimize medication if you can and if your doctor does not require you to take it. Start your morning with some previously boiled water, maybe a squirt of fresh lime or lemon. Avoid plastic containers if possible. (extremely high in estrogens) Difficult, but in the morning you don't need to drink water out of a plastic bottle. (But, we'll make an exception when the pretty little "AMP tart" gives you a platic water bottle as a courtesy party favor after you creamed all over her perky titties. To not accept her going away gift is just damned rude and does not contribute to overall mental and emotional health)

A healthy sex life is encouraged and not limited, as long as you keep your body strong. Your relations with women, if kind and loving are a wonderful way to reciprocate love and energy. Enjoy the laughter, energy and free-spiritedness of young girls and how they brighten your day.

Don't dwell on negativity and fear. ("Be still" momentarily but frequently throughout your day and connect with your center, knowing you are peaceful, perfect and safe deep within and that all your thoughts and desires are passing but you remain always as you have been. Know that your body, breath and mind, are only your possessions and that you exist forever even without them and that your inner awareness and consciousness is a source of constant renewal to your body and your life here and now.

Sit quietly and engage in the practice to try and remember a time when you were not conscious. ????? Where does that leave you?

In a few months and years, you can be an even stronger monger than you were ten years ago.

Most important is your health. Glad that the scare turned out to be unfounded. Have a plan to live to be 100 years old. Make small positive changes in your life, even though they may be slightly unpleasant and not currently your habits. Small changes are implementable.

Less animal fat and less salt are usually a good start, less processed foods. (stay away from all the joints in the crispy deep fried chicken thread on the UG website for a while or only visit them on occasion. The oil that they use is probably pretty old and carcinogenic)

@genius mentioned once, I think, eating oatmeal with flaxseed and brown rice later in the evening. Whole grains like oatmeal and brown rice can be made tasty by what you add to them as condiments, sauces, pickles, fermented products, pesto, sesame or olive oil, herbs, spices. Every great culture, dating back to antiquity made whole grains the centerpiece of their diet, with all other foods as side dishes.

Whole wheat pasta with a nice organic tomato sauce. Healthy food can be delicious. Brown buckwheat soba noodles found in H-Mart are cheap and delicious asian wholegrain pasta that is a male aphrodisiac in Japan. Fruits and vegetables always on the list of healthy eating.

(Sweet Potatoes and yams: Lennox Lewis, the great heavyweight boxer claimed that he owed his great strength to those tubers, and they are loaded with vitamin A, beta-carotene for your skin and a great antioxidant and anti-cancer vitamin, along with all other rich orange colored fruits and vegetables, mangoes, carrots, squashes. The great undefeated heavyweight champion, Rocky Marciano drank quarts of fresh carrot juice daily while training to beat assasins like "Jersey Joe Walcott, Archie Moore, Don Cockell, Ezzard Charles, Roland LaStarza; and Rocky was a seriously undersized heavyweight but was tireless) Watermelon is great for liver and kidney cleansing and also is loaded with citrulline for strong erections.

Even Costco has great products like decent wholemeal breads, whole grains, beans, organic humus (whole chickpeas, sesame tahini, lemon, sea salt) tabbouleh salad (cracked wheat)

Go to the ocean for a cold swim or dunk (cold water reaction on your body, exercises many internal movements and stimulations) and take a walk in the sand and catch some sun beams, look into the sky and contemplate the vast universe, and let it sink into you, inspire you, uplift you, raise your consciousness.

Breathe deeply, climb flights of stairs, (Builds strong legs, endurance and deep breathing. Not to mention, helps your thrusting capacity and power when up against stronger, healthy, robust and muscular young women) sweat it out, and then calm down. Pray for long life and health. Be kind to others around you (I know you are, already) and smile and laugh a lot.

Be comfortable in a chair and using a pair of earplugs, be still and listen to that inner constant hum from deep within you.

Alternate hot and cold showers, do some simple stretching, yoga, leg raises, and the highly touted very easy "Five Tibetan Rites," which are all over the internet. (five simple exercises for longevity and sexual virility)

Try to minimize medication if you can and if your doctor does not require you to take it. Start your morning with some previously boiled water, maybe a squirt of fresh lime or lemon. Avoid plastic containers if possible. (extremely high in estrogens) Difficult, but in the morning you don't need to drink water out of a plastic bottle. (But, we'll make an exception when the pretty little "AMP tart" gives you a platic water bottle as a courtesy party favor after you creamed all over her perky titties. To not accept her going away gift is just damned rude and does not contribute to overall mental and emotional health)

A healthy sex life is encouraged and not limited, as long as you keep your body strong. Your relations with women, if kind and loving are a wonderful way to reciprocate love and energy. Enjoy the laughter, energy and free-spiritedness of young girls and how they brighten your day.

Don't dwell on negativity and fear. ("Be still" momentarily but frequently throughout your day and connect with your center, knowing you are peaceful, perfect and safe deep within and that all your thoughts and desires are passing but you remain always as you have been. Know that your body, breath and mind, are only your possessions and that you exist forever even without them and that your inner awareness and consciousness is a source of constant renewal to your body and your life here and now.

Sit quietly and engage in the practice to try and remember a time when you were not conscious. ????? Where does that leave you?

In a few months and years, you can be an even stronger monger than you were ten years ago.
Hey, @billyS, maybe let this post, start a new thread, on health, something like: "MONGER HEALTH AND HEALING." The community could contribute their exercise programs, diet, tips, food, health experiences, how they got through some tough physical challenges, surgeries, injuries, healing techniques of all varieties.

Because, the above post was spawned by @trader1 in another thread mentioning health, and I gave a typical long-winded Mugi response, which I am grateful that it did not end up in the "Mugi Musings," because comments are blocked there and it is a dead end bin. But, it also does not really belong in this thread, "How do you guys stop?" beccause it is not really about stopping, but getting better at the hobby.

Thanks for your tireless efforts, and just a suggestion.

I too really enjoy the results from the fountain of youth exercises also known as the five (six) Tibetan Rites. You will also see great results from Sun Salutations. Try and do 21 of each exercise daily. Good Luck!

If you can accomplish rites in 10 minutes and 21 salutations in 20 minutes you are in excellent shape. If not get started today with 5 of each and build up from there.

I too really enjoy the results from the fountain of youth exercises also known as the five (six) Tibetan Rites. You will also see great results from Sun Salutations. Try and do 21 of each exercise daily. Good Luck!

If you can accomplish rites in 10 minutes and 21 salutations in 20 minutes you are in excellent shape. If not get started today with 5 of each and build up from there.
Nice program @Zak. Truly enviable. Your rapid 21 x 5 or 6 Tibetan Rites and 21 Surya Namaskar (sun salutations) must give you a nice and lean, flexible and strong body. Keep up the good work.

I will aspire towards your regimen. I could easily accomplish that routine in my younger years. Not quite as spry right now, but making a comeback and still in the game.

Thank you for sharing. Very inspiring.

billyS

Reign of Terror
which I am grateful that it did not end up in the "Mugi Musings," because comments are blocked there and it is a dead end bin.
You brought that on yourself a few months ago when you decided to invite @pokler to post his nonsense, that I was trying to clean up in another thread, in that thread.

You brought that on yourself a few months ago when you decided to invite @pokler to post his nonsense, that I was trying to clean up in another thread, in that thread.
@billyS, How can I argue with you???

But the temptation to team up with @pokler was one of those opportunities that you knew you would regret, but at the time just seemed fun. In no way was I trying to undermine you, nor the integrity of the UG system. Call it a "momentary lapse in judgement." Unfortunately, no matter how many years you live, you are still subject to these lapses.

However, I still might show up unexpectedly in Manhattan to watch him (@pokler ) hanging out in Little Italy with his gangster friends, eating his spaghetti and meatballs and smokin' his cuban cigars, and maybe get his autograph.

Some people just strike you as funny and you laugh even before you hear or read what they have to say.

However, @billyS, in all fairness to myself, the last one that you threw into the "Mugi Dump" was unwarranted, IMHO. Because the guys were conversing about the "AMP ding-a-ling door chimes," versus the "AMP traditional doorbell," and I merely gave an account from a Mamasan as to why she will leave an AMP door unlocked, with no backup girls, risking whatever wants to come in off the streets, be it thugs, LE, misfits and the like, (more than a strong possibility of catching you in the act) for the sake of customer satisfaction and to not upset the neighbors who are always watching.

It was a valid contribution, "THIS TIME." And, I am quite aware of my wayward tendencies. But, you know, we all roll a little differently. I am just stuck being this way, Catholic, Calabrese, and then thrown into an asian teapot and allowed to steep for a long time; it happens.

But, thank you for doing what you do in an exemplar manner. You and those that run UG do a more than an exemplar job keeping it well-run, stable, honest, fair, and at the same time cutting edge. It is not an easy task to maintain law and order, while still allowing growth and expansion in any environment, but especially this one.

billyS

Reign of Terror
@mugi, in my judgement that thread is about a specific AMP in Oceanside and although we were discussing whether or not they have a door bell I wanted the thread to stay on track about that AMP.

Your post contained nothing about that AMP and threatened to really derail it.
I choose to move your post instead of deleting it.

@mugi, in my judgement that thread is about a specific AMP in Oceanside and although we were discussing whether or not they have a door bell I wanted the thread to stay on track about that AMP.

Your post contained nothing about that AMP and threatened to really derail it.
I choose to move your post instead of deleting it.
Well said and well received. Thank you.

Less sugar and cream in your coffee/tea.
Add a banana for potassium and a apple for the fiber.
Try out cottage cheese or greek yogurt for the probiotics. Unflavored, of course, and add berries and honey.
Try changing your red meat beef to elk, bison or ostrich.

Bodyweight squats do wonders, Barefoot bodyweightsquats are even better. Im guessing most of you are not like Eliot Spitzer and do the business with your socks on.
Look up the Mcgill big three. The bird-dog is great.
Look up brazilian jiu jutsu warmups, you add flexibility and endurance to your grappling and mish movements. Even praticing sprawls are good for hip and lunge movement.
I don't run long distance, I would rather do weighted marches (rucks) or 50m sprints. If you have hills, I would also sprint hills.
I try not to drink, but hot toddys and arnold palmers with overproof rum do the deed on a cold day.

Try out cottage cheese or greek yogurt for the probiotics. Unflavored, of course, and add berries and honey.

Bodyweight squats do wonders, Barefoot bodyweightsquats are even better. Im guessing most of you are not like Eliot Spitzer and do the business with your socks on.
Look up brazilian jiu jutsu warmups, you add flexibility and endurance to your grappling and mish movements. Even praticing sprawls are good for hip and lunge movement.
I don't run long distance, I would rather do weighted marches (rucks) or 50m sprints. If you have hills, I would also sprint hills.
I try not to drink, but hot toddys and arnold palmers with overproof rum do the deed on a cold day.
I appreciate your very powerful exercise regime. When I was much younger I engaged in similar routines.

But, for now, I like underwater swimming with a dolphin kick. That movement with the resistance of water really simulates the long slow rhythmic harpooning action during sex.

The grasping outreach of the underwater breast (no pun intended) stroke, adds gracefullness in my embrace and drawing her closer and grasping her breasts while slowly milking them in cowgirl.

I realized by underwater swimming that sex is like swimming on my girl, like underwater swimming is like swimming on/in water.

Also, retention of breath while full-body stroking underwater develops patience in semen retention and marvelous endurance as opposed to a heated panting race for the finish.

Good ideas — here are some more suggestions.

How about skipping the cream and sugar completely. One of the few useful habits I got out of boot camp (it was in the freezing winter in the midwest — perfect place to be trained for deployment to Vietnam:rolleyes:) where jeep would come to the field where we were freezing our asses off with large pot of HOT black coffee to ladle it into my canteen cup w/o milk & sugar. You can change over gradually by drinking only top coffee (I drink Gevalia house blend made with near boiling water poured into a paper lined cone). Takes maybe 2 weeks (a little less in each cup) and you will be drinking coffee black, There is and expression Once you've had black you never go back, although referring to something else, also applies to coffee.

Forget Starbucks, if you must buy it out, McD's is better IMHO. Even better go to Flux Coffee on main st in Farmingdale (almost always cute college girls on their laptops there too — great opener (I'm out of that market - sigh:() "What blend did you get? how is it?"
Beans, lentils,spinach, broccoli and avocado have both w/o spiking blood sugar like a banana does.

Yup, plus fresh sauerkraut and kimchi (also very high in potassium — must buy from refrigerated section — not pasteurized ). Skip the honey —same effect on the body as pure sugar. And good grief, do not eat the sauerkraut on a hotdog!
Good but how about cutting back (a lot) on red meat. Fish (smaller fish - limit big fish like swordfish and tuna).Sardines and mackerel in a can in water high in protein plus calcium in both (perfectly soft and edible bones in the fish are included when canned) provide perfect source of calcium. Sometimes I'll dump a can over fresh greens,olives, tomatoes as dinner. Nice snack to replenish protein after a hard weight workout. Plus guys do not need all the extra iron from red meat. In fact it is reccommended that unless you give blood from time to time it builds up in male bodies - not good. This of course does not apply to women who still have their periods

squats do wonders, Barefoot bodyweightsquats are even better. Im guessing most of you are not like Eliot Spitzer and do the business with your socks on.
Distance running with short sprints mixed in (Fartleks )is what I do with alternate days at the gym with weights and machines.

Swimming is some of the best exercise.
builds ling lean muscle and lung capacity.
I have been off sugar for most of my life, dabble in the occasional desert once a week. IMHO anything minimally processed is ok, say any fruit but limit to once a day. Also the older you get the red meat is not good for you which I limit to once per week. Live long and prosper…..Uhura spank bank circa 1970’s

billyS

Reign of Terror
Good ideas — here are some more suggestions.

How about skipping the cream and sugar completely. One of the few useful habits I got out of boot camp (it was in the freezing winter in the midwest — perfect place to be trained for deployment to Vietnam:rolleyes:) where jeep would come to the field where we were freezing our asses off with large pot of HOT black coffee to ladle it into my canteen cup w/o milk & sugar. You can change over gradually by drinking only top coffee (I drink Gevalia house blend made with near boiling water poured into a paper lined cone). Takes maybe 2 weeks (a little less in each cup) and you will be drinking coffee black, There is and expression Once you've had black you never go back, although referring to something else, also applies to coffee.

Forget Starbucks, if you must buy it out, McD's is better IMHO. Even better go to Flux Coffee on main st in Farmingdale (almost always cute college girls on their laptops there too — great opener (I'm out of that market - sigh:() "What blend did you get? how is it?"
Beans, lentils,spinach, broccoli and avocado have both w/o spiking blood sugar like a banana does.

Yup, plus fresh sauerkraut and kimchi (also very high in potassium — must buy from refrigerated section — not pasteurized ). Skip the honey —same effect on the body as pure sugar. And good grief, do not eat the sauerkraut on a hotdog!
Good but how about cutting back (a lot) on red meat. Fish (smaller fish - limit big fish like swordfish and tuna).Sardines and mackerel in a can in water high in protein plus calcium in both (perfectly soft and edible bones in the fish are included when canned) provide perfect source of calcium. Sometimes I'll dump a can over fresh greens,olives, tomatoes as dinner. Nice snack to replenish protein after a hard weight workout. Plus guys do not need all the extra iron from red meat. In fact it is reccommended that unless you give blood from time to time it builds up in male bodies - not good. This of course does not apply to women who still have their periods

Distance running with short sprints mixed in (Fartleks )is what I do with alternate days at the gym with weights and machines.
I agree with the black coffee. I used to drink coffee with half and half and white sugar in my 30's and saw my weight, mostly in the belly go up as well as my cholesterol.
Dumped the H&H and then later on when I dabbled with Paleo cut out the sugar.
Can't drink it any other way now. And yes I also order Gevalia online.

Run twice a week, one day is for a long run, preferably with hills, the other at the track with shorter, harder sprints with alternate distances. Always with my CrossFit buddies so we push each other.

A couple of CrossFit WOD'S a week and then one day dedicated to lifts not covers in CrossFit.

Yoga once a week. But planning to add more.

I feel this gives me a good balance.

Really hard to give up red meat, especially in the summer when the grill is active. I just love beef too much.
No dairy or white sugar, a hold over from my Paleo days. No bread in the summer except the occasional hamburger bun.
I had cut out grains but went back to oatmeal but I'm evaluating that, might cut that out again since I have not seen any benefits over the last nine months.

But, for now, I like underwater swimming with a dolphin kick. That movement with the resistance of water really simulates the long slow rhythmic harpooning action during sex.
That's a great way to look at it ! I don't have a pool in my building or around me. But in the summers, depending on my worksites, I like to swim in the kosciusko and astoria public pool. Great eye candy in both locations and a chance to front crawl.

How about skipping the cream and sugar completely.
I completely agree ! I use lavazza super crema, grind it myself, and use a french press.

Forget Starbucks, if you must buy it out, McD's is better IMHO.
When I do buy out, I usually hit bushwick on wyckoff avenue for cortados. They're usually 3.50 in most shops since everyone goes for latte's/capp

Good but how about cutting back (a lot) on red meat.
One of these days, I will. But for now, I usually have a sweet potato and rocket(arugula) salad with my red meat. I also eat a chickpea salad with pickled onions, cucumber, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro as a snack. I also like blending papaya, mango, and pineapple with some coconut water for a shake. I also do enjoy a nice dragonfruit from the street vendors when I have to hit up prince,sanford, or flushing street. ;)

....I had cut out grains but went back to oatmeal but I'm evaluating that, might cut that out again since I have not seen any benefits over the last nine months.
May I suggest that you try steel cut oatmeal. The 5 min and quick versions are processed and (especially the quick) much of the soluble fiber is lost along with much of the cholesterol lowering benefits. Still its better than Kellogg's Frosted flakes but not by much.

Anyway I make steel cut 4 cups water and 1 cup oats.Takes about 30 minutes. I get several days worth of meals out of it, Mix it each morning with berries (rule of thumb — the more colors the better, e.g. strawberries, blueberries, black raspberries). Also mix in (when I heat it up in a pot from the fridge) some ground flax-seed (trader joes).

When I'm not having oatmeal I will have shredded wheat (NOT frosted and its whole grain) with a scoop of raw (uncooked directly from the container) 5 minute oatmeal and the strawberries, blueberries, black raspberries mixed in with some unsweetened soy milk (the only dairy I have ids yogurt mixed with some fresh blueberries.

I used to use unsweetened almond milk but I find that the soy milk has a much creamier texture.

I do not have eggs for breakfast but instead I will have over easy fresh farm eggs with veggie sausage for lunch sometimes.

That's a great way to look at it ! I don't have a pool in my building or around me. But in the summers, depending on my worksites, I like to swim in the kosciusko and astoria public pool. Great eye candy in both locations and a chance to front crawl.

I completely agree ! I use lavazza super crema, grind it myself, and use a french press.

When I do buy out, I usually hit bushwick on wyckoff avenue for cortados. They're usually 3.50 in most shops since everyone goes for latte's/capp

One of these days, I will. But for now, I usually have a sweet potato and rocket(arugula) salad with my red meat. I also eat a chickpea salad with pickled onions, cucumber, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro as a snack. I also like blending papaya, mango, and pineapple with some coconut water for a shake. I also do enjoy a nice dragonfruit from the street vendors when I have to hit up prince,sanford, or flushing street. ;)
Kudos to you. I sense a nice sophistication and intelligent research in your health repertoire.

And, also, great flexibility to allow more or less in when the need arises, in a quest for heightened aliveness and wellbeing.

Forget Starbucks, if you must buy it out, McD's is better IMHO. Even better go to Flux Coffee on main st in Farmingdale (almost always cute college girls on their laptops there too
yes to all of the above. Flux is probably the best coffee on the Island - Southdown coffee a close second. My go to when Flux first opened was an americano + shot of CBD. Always good pussy in there.
I started drinking coffee in college and never understood the concept of cream/sugar. If you actually like the taste of coffee there is none after you add that garbage.
@mugi good to see you alive and well my friend. Great wisdom you shared above.

A VERY POTENT PICK-ME-UP:

I am still in a tropical climate walking a lot, sweating a lot, and, of course, replenishing fluids abundantly.

But, woke up a bit groggy, and the thought of morning-Joe, did not appeal to me.

Went for a common old-time remedy, boiled a pot of water, steeped a fresh Lipton teabag in the water, poured it in a cup (so, the tea is diluted a bit, and not full caffeine and bitter) and added some honey and squeezed in a fresh lime.

Well, boys, it certainly did the trick. The hot heavy throat and lungs felt a blast of cool, refreshing energy, got all my communications done, happily. Made plans for later day mongering.

Aside from the Lipton tea leaves being rich in caffeine, the other ingredients are fairly healthy, namely the water, lime and honey.

And, I recalled once having this common in most cultures refreshment, with one of our Flushing girls because she recommended it to me as we drank and chatted in one of those Main Street Chinese pastry shops.

When I fly long flights, I always squeeze lemon or lime in seltzer and drink, as the plane cabin air gets so stale, especially on really long flights to other countries.

Lime and honey are quite healthy.

yes to all of the above. Flux is probably the best coffee on the Island - Southdown coffee a close second. My go to when Flux first opened was an americano + shot of CBD. Always good pussy in there.
I started drinking coffee in college and never understood the concept of cream/sugar. If you actually like the taste of coffee there is none after you add that garbage.
@mugi good to see you alive and well my friend. Great wisdom you shared above.
I thought black coffee gave you funky spunk?

Has anyone been suffering more tgen usual from allergies ( hay fever)?

Been a miserable few weeks for me.. Last rub session, I started sneezing repetitively right before she was about to go for the HE .. Pretty comical when o think about it..
The OTC medicines don’t seem to be doing the trick