Money and Investing (formerly Pfizer Stock prices)

Now that we are in bear territory curious to hear thoughts on where we go from here…

Having missed an opportunity to take money off the table and accepting the fact that market timing does not always work ( dead wrong in 2021, right in 2022), I’m thinking we have another 10% on the downside before bottom..

Now that we are in bear territory curious to hear thoughts on where we go from here…

Having missed an opportunity to take money off the table and accepting the fact that market timing does not always work ( dead wrong in 2021, right in 2022), I’m thinking we have another 10% on the downside before bottom..
More like working extra 10 years before I can retire

pokler

Power Bottom

I'm lucky to have a bit of cash so I'm buying certain stocks when they get slammed , like NVDA. BIGX a closed end fund at huge discount. Not a lot 10k at a time. I suspect more bad days ahead so keeping cash handy.

I see some high end providers ( 500 ph plus category) are now accepting bitcoins as form of payment.

With all the volatility, uncertainty and hacks related to BC lately I cannot understand why one would go in this direction —

Further, I cannot see any plausible reason to invest in Bitcoin over a good solid stock assuming one is going to hold long term

( Mods -perhaps the thread could be renamed to Money and Investing, considering many discussions fall into that category)..ty

I see some high end providers ( 500 ph plus category) are now accepting bitcoins as form of payment.

With all the volatility, uncertainty and hacks related to BC lately I cannot understand why one would go in this direction —

Further, I cannot see any plausible reason to invest in Bitcoin over a good solid stock assuming one is going to hold long term

( Mods -perhaps the thread could be renamed to Money and Investing, considering many discussions fall into that category)..ty
Maybe it’s their inability to park large sums in conventional banks.

I bonds are limited to only 10,000
If you overwithold fed taxes you can use up to 5000 refund to buy 5K more.

If you read the article there are other schemes to legally buy more.
I bought for me, my SO and my kid the max each for past 2 years.

It simply make good sense to buy the max as this is no lose. Even if inflation drops low, the rate drops and you want your money before 5 years (although bonds are good for 30) the worst that would happen is you would forfeit 3 months of the rate that dropped low, not the 9.6% rate you are getting now.

After 5 years no penalty and all you are on the hook for is differed Fed taxes on interest. Not state,local taxable.

If you overwithold fed taxes you can use up to 5000 refund to buy 5K more.

If you read the article there are other schemes to legally buy more.
I bought for me, my SO and my kid the max each for past 2 years.

It simply make good sense to buy the max as this is no lose. Even if inflation drops low, the rate drops and you want your money before 5 years (although bonds are good for 30) the worst that would happen is you would forfeit 3 months of the rate that dropped low, not the 9.6% rate you are getting now.

After 5 years no penalty and all you are on the hook for is differed Fed taxes on interest. Not state,local taxable.
Last time I got a 5000 refund HW Bush was president

Yeah it’s peanuts but still one good strategy in the tool box.

You can check out TIP for similar return. Fund as much as you want and have it completely liquid.
Difference in that if you sell a TIPS prior to maturity you get whatever the market rate is. Not so with I Bonds as once you get past 5 years the accrued value cannot go down. When you redeem it you get principal plus all accrued interest. You cannot lose money on IBonds, you can on TIPS.
If you want proof of that look at recent performance of TIPS ETFs and TIPS mutual funds.

Only If you hold IBonds and TIPS to maturity there is no difference.

Last time I got a 5000 refund HW Bush was president
In the past I always made a point of owing money (careful as to not owing too much as to get a penalty)
I only over withhold to buy more IBonds.
I always owe on NYS as there is no advantage to over withhold.

I am totally anal about it - for example I once was on a business trip to CA on April 15th. I brought my tax return and check with me and mailed it from there to Holtsville IRS processing just to hold on to my money for a couple more days.