Mod'ing a Wii

Has anyone had experience putting one of those mod chips in a Wii? I've been looking into using either a wiikey or a cyclowiz chip.

Since I got the MP3 chip for the Nintendo DS I've been spoiled and don't want to pay for games any more LOL.

At least you have a Wii

I'm still waiting for the day I don't have to wait in line at 6AM on a Sunday and hope I get one of the 20 units they have in stock. Then again, I'm probably not looking too hard because I'm waiting to get the new Sony KDL-32XBR4 (not in stores yet) to go with a new Wii/PS3.

This is May..... back in December I understand. Wii's should be stacked up on the shelves right now. They've been out for 7 months already.

You'd think so but I know most retail outlets sell out within an hour of getting them. You couldn't walk into the local EB games, Circuit City or Best Buy and pick one up any time you want to.

After months of free Nintendo DS games I can't bring myself to buying software for the Wii yet LOL.

No need I've got one but I have friends who've tried to find them in Queens and Manhattan including Toys R Us.

It's the mod chip that I'm really interested in now.

You'd think so but I know most retail outlets sell out within an hour of getting them. You couldn't walk into the local EB games, Circuit City or Best Buy and pick one up any time you want to.

After months of free Nintendo DS games I can't bring myself to buying software for the Wii yet LOL.
I was surprised as well that they're still sold out in a lot of stores. I was in EB games over the weekend and two people came in looking for one. Manager was talking about how they've been selling out as soon as they hit the shelves.

I was surprised as well that they're still sold out in a lot of stores. I was in EB games over the weekend and two people came in looking for one. Manager was talking about how they've been selling out as soon as they hit the shelves.
Last month when I asked a guy at a EB in Jersey the next time they'll get Wiis in stock, he laughed & said I have a PS3 for you if you want it. Maybe over the summer, I'll get lucky (in more ways than one).

Update

After spending about an hour in the rain yesterday (with an umbrella of course), I finally got my hands on a Wii at the Nintendo World store. They had about 50 behind the counter. I asked the guy if they get shipments every day and he said yes so if anyone needs one, get there by 8-8:30. There were only about 15 people on line by the time the store opened at 9AM, but it's possible the rain had something to do with it. I didn't unpack it yet, I want to savor the moment. I also picked up a newly-released crimson/onyx (red/black) DS Lite which included a copy of Brain Age 2 which was just released as well. Now, I just have to wait for the Sony HDTV to arrive next week.

The thing that is crazy is that some online places have them in stock, but they're asking upwards of $450 for it.....that's $200 more than full retail.

Actually it's not an easy process, I just had a guy do it for me. If you search for wiikey or cyclotron there are instructions to do it yourself but it looked too involved for me. As for the games I just download them from various news groups.

Actually it's not an easy process, I just had a guy do it for me. If you search for wiikey or cyclotron there are instructions to do it yourself but it looked too involved for me. As for the games I just download them from various news groups.
how much did the guy charge you? I got my 360 modded for $20 (40 after all the shipping) from this dude in cali. Wanna get the Wii modded as well...would be great if the guy is local.