Moderator Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the politics & religion forum.

Be aware that the use of sockpuppets

http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?SockPuppet

in this forum will not be tolerated. If you do have multiple IDs please refrain from using more then 1 at all. The first offense I’ll edit, the second I’ll delete both posts and identify you as a sockpuppet. So please argue all you went, curse whomever or whatever all you want, just use 1 ID to do it. Is that fair.

FYI, I don’t intend to edit anything unless it breaks another UG rule, you know like back channeling requests or trying to stick a review here to circumvent another forums rules. I also promise not to insert any asinine comments in your posts because I happen to disagree with you or think you’re an asshole or because you think I’m an asshole.

There will zero tolerance for anyone making any implied threats of physical violence against another member or calling someone a pedophile or child molester.

If you see your posts have been deleted, take the hint.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, as I'm sure everyone is aware by now, Duckman and I are co-moderating this forum. I for one want to thank JustBill one more time for recommending us. I can think of only a few posters I wanted to share moderating the P&R forum with, and Duckman was at the top of that very short list.

FWIW I think JB_R did a fantastic job moderating this forum. Duckman and I have been discussing this and for now we both agree that all of the rules established by JustBill will remain intact*. If anything needs to be adjusted we will do so at the appropriate time. Don't expect broad sweeping changes though, if anything look for minor adjustments.

* Specifically the rule about not posting wholesale manifestos. We are here for discussion, not monologues.

Refrain from posting for the sake of posting

For the member who just went through a bunch of P&R threads posting "that's nice," ostensibly to build-up their post count, we remind you of the following rules of the board:

3) Thou shalt think, before you post, whether your post contributes to a discussion or just would waste the time of anyone who reads it (such as saying how hot a provider is every time she tries to make a substantive contribution to a discussion). Especially when posting on a sensitive issue, write a draft, save it, do something else for a while, then re-read your message and make changes if necessary, then post. Put yourself in the other person's place. Sometimes it is too easy to act without fully considering the consequences of our actions.

10) Thou shalt remember that the board is only as good as you make it, or as bad as you make it. The members get all the credit for making this a worthwhile place to visit. Of course, there is a responsibility which comes with that, and it is also the members which can make it a place that no one wants to come

Status
Not open for further replies.