MLB cheating scandal

They were saying Yanks did it, as did most, except the Mets because they are not smart enough to do it, but the difference was, once the commissioner warned every team, the Yanks, and I guess all others, besides Sox and Astros stopped...

Last edited by a moderator:
By Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich
[Editor’s note: This story has been updated to include a statement from the Red Sox and additional information from a source.]

When Major League Baseball punished the Red Sox and Yankees in September 2017 for conduct related to electronic sign stealing, the league touched on the epicenter of a problem that had been growing for years: The video replay room.

These rooms, intended to help managers decide whether to challenge umpires’ calls, were established after baseball introduced replay review in 2014. But some teams quickly realized the rooms also were easy places to learn a key piece of information: The sign sequence used by opposing pitchers and catchers.

Before the 2018 season, after years of barely enforcing its broad rules regarding replay rooms, the league made it crystal clear: Replay rooms cannot be used to help steal signs. The newly clarified rules, in combination with the fines the league levied on the Red Sox and Yankees and warnings it...

By Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich
[Editor’s note: This story has been updated to include a statement from the Red Sox and additional information from a source.]

When Major League Baseball punished the Red Sox and Yankees in September 2017 for conduct related to electronic sign stealing, the league touched on the epicenter of a problem that had been growing for years: The video replay room.

These rooms, intended to help managers decide whether to challenge umpires’ calls, were established after baseball introduced replay review in 2014. But some teams quickly realized the rooms also were easy places to learn a key piece of information: The sign sequence used by opposing pitchers and catchers.

Before the 2018 season, after years of barely enforcing its broad rules regarding replay rooms, the league made it crystal clear: Replay rooms cannot be used to help steal signs. The newly clarified rules, in combination with the fines the league levied on the Red Sox and Yankees and warnings it...
Too bad the Mets couldn't figure this out, they could have made the playoffs last year.

Astros Gm and manager suspended for 1 yr.Team us also fined $5 million and lose their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020 and 2021.....Red Sox on deck!!

Astros Gm and manager suspended for 1 yr.Team us also fined $5 million and lose their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020 and 2021.....Red Sox on deck!!
Cora was their bench coach when this was happening. They say he will pay also, but I think they want to make sure he also did it with Boston. He will be suspended also I believe.

Huge punishments, just about as big a hammer as the Commissioner could've dropped. Reports are that Cora will be hit as hard if not harder.... One year suspension and a large fine for him I'm guessing.

billyS

Reign of Terror
So it's been confirmed, Beltran is a cheater. He was the only player named in the report. He was the Ring leader.

Another stain on the Mets.
Another stain on the BVW era.

Funny. Yankees cheated this way for 3 years. The Arod Steroids, lying about it for years. talk about a stain..... Has nothing to do with the Mets. Haters should really stay out of this thread unless you have something useful to say or or post something that people really give a shit about what the fuck you say. Believe me, the last few posts, nobody cares your stupid thoughts.

Dodgers would have been waxed by the Yankees.

Sucks these teams stole a pennant from us. Cheating fucks, those championships should have an asterisk next to them. Not only did we lose a pennant, but Judge got beat out by that little pimp Altuve for MVP, which by the way, Judge took back his congrats to him on Twitter.

Fuck that little cheating jockey, he reminds me of that little guy in the Diet Dr Pepper commercials, "It's The Sweet One!"