MLB cheating scandal

I agree. He has a new story now, he had a tattoo half finished and didn't want people to see a half fin tattoo, ripping off his shirt. He fucking cheated. One Astro player said, they still had to hit the ball... What a dick. If Judge, Stanton, Alfonso knew a fastball was coming, they would each hit 70 home runs.
Or at least were able to make solid contact. Move runners over doubles into the gap.

1. Did the Astros clearly cheat & break the rules? Yes
So they Should ALL (and I mean every player that played for the Astros from 2017-19) be punished in some way Not Just GM, Hinch, Beltran & Corra. Since Manfredo is a chump & there was No reason to grant immunity to all the players. (you mean to tell me that 1 or maybe 2 was not enough to get the required information?) So since he (Now) can't suspend them he can do 2 things
1.Not sure if he can but ....Fine them ALL on a sliding scale based on their salaries over that time frame. Just enough to send a message.
2. I never thought this way before but since his job is to "solve the problem" Not worry about whether it makes sense or not...STRIP THE 2017 WS TITLE take down the banners , take back the trophy & the rings. The argument against is that it's stupid &
doesn't change what really happened and you can't take away the memory of what really happened. But what the people who say that aren't thinking.(myself included up until 3 weeks ago) is that it's not about what stripping the title " doesn't change" or "can't take away" But what it DOES change & CAN take away. It DOES change the fact that there is both a Public & player driven outcry to do so. It DOES change the fact that Astro Players are going to be targeted maybe a little less and MLB doesn't have to worry about player safety. And if it DOES change when anyone goes into that stadium there will not be this Texas sized tribute in every facet to that Championship.(I know I was there & paid for a tour in 2018) Including merchandise sales etc. It DOES change the fact that no Astro player can wear a ring or hand it down in their family or sell it....The fact that it DOES change that, at little to No cost or effort by MLB. Is worth it & sends a message to any player or coach in the future and would clearly Hurt all those players. Being taunted & thrown at is 1 thing, but hurting their Pocket & their Pride will work better. And it CAN add the memory of everyone knowing how that Title was stripped & why. (But it does not become property of neither the whiny Yankees nor Dodgers)
2. Did Pete Rose Clearly bet on Baseball? Yes
And it's got Nothing to do with this!?? But since it gets brought up. He Should NOT have his bust in the HOF. Now I grew up a Big Red Machine fan. Specifically Bench! But while I never liked Pete I held an affinity to him. Never the most gifted athlete but always had to be the hardest working one. Again using some of the logic behind stripping the Title. If you go to the HOF you will see plenty of reference to Pete & the Hits record & the Big Red machine. So that's fine. He just doesn't get a Bust. Here's why. The argument is that the HOF should be strictly merit based on the field. So how could he not get a Bust. WHO SAID SO??? when where does it say that? I think most would agree that the HOF in any sport per say is the Highest HONOR someone could receive. (ie that's why Managers broadcasters & executives get in right 90% of them didn't do jack shit "on the Field") So if you look at it like that it is an Honor
Honor; something regarded as a rare opportunity and bringing pride and pleasure; a privilege.
NOT an Achievement.
Achievement: a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
Pete is Not being denied a record of his achievements ...hits, doubles, stolen bases, runs scored, Batting Average etc.
He just does NOT get the HONOR of having a bust. For a long time(23yrs) he honored the game by being "Charlie Hustle" and playing the game the right way as an example to many kids. But now for a Much Longer time(35 plus years) he has DIS Honored the game. Besides all that HE SIGNED OFF on it!! He gave it up as part of his deal! No Take backs NO BUST simple as that.
FWIW same for any proven Steroid user.

3. Did the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers..most teams use technology in sign stealing over the past few years? Yes I'm sure they did.
But if you're an Astro, an Astro fan or apologist. I say this all the time when I reprimand people at work who then point fingers at others.
When the cop pulls you over & writes the ticket for doing 80 on Sunrise Highway...Go ahead try that! Point at another car whizzing by and say "you can't give me that. look at that guy ".... See how that works out for you.
I caught you not him and it doesn't change the fact that you were in fact doing 80 in a 55 so here ya go have fun in court.

4. Does sign stealing significantly help the batter?Yes
The next batter when he now has a runner on base in front of him?
less significantly but Without Question HelpsYes

Every Batter in the lineup when the opposing starter gets run outta the game early because of either runs produced or high pitch count from all the takes & walks(since the guys cheating also know which pitches to take for balls)?Yes
The Pitcher who now may have a 5-1 lead early and can pitch more aggressively, Against opposing hitters who are now possibly altering their approach because they are behind, gets wins even when he has a bad 3-4 run outing.Yes
The Manager who's decision making is clearly easier based on the advantage of a lead or knowing the chances that his team will More Certainly have a big inning at some point.Yes
The entire Organization from the Water boy to the vendors, coaches & scouts as when the team Prospers & has more $$ flowing due to Wins, Attendance, Endorsements & AccoladesYes
Finally to the Fans who get to enjoy Lifetime Moments that other Fans may never have. <<< the Only ones I feel bad for
The Astro fans who actually are Not indignant about it and are themselves pissed off at the players & the organization. Just as I was/am about Pete Rose & now about Jose Altuve

I agree with you Lorenzo. Problem with much of what you want to do is that the player's association ( I believe) has to agree with it. I don't think they would allow it.

I agree with you Lorenzo. Problem with much of what you want to do is that the player's association ( I believe) has to agree with it. I don't think they would allow it.
Your right... but The only thing the players association could block is Fining the players. Hence just go ahead & strip the title.
Oh & BTW WTF is up with the Bosox Investigation??
Did it die from Coronavirus??...(Another topic to talk about later in relation to Hobbying)