#metoo discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out for baby blues 116 no spaces.
Finally connected with someone (like i said, I'm not looking for primo! I'll take anything reasonable) and we worked something out. I made arrangements in advance that required me to purchase something out of pocket and she totally bailed on me. So I'm stuck holding the bag. Zero responses. Not cool.
By text thread you must mean via a phone number as opposed to a message via the SA venue.

Without a paid membership, you can not receive messages or send them. Although you do get notification that you have been sent a message, you must "upgrade" to read it or respond back.
Did you know that the women pay nothing to send and receive messages? We pay 90 a month... they pay nothing. Used to be a man's world i swear to god...

Finally connected with someone (like i said, I'm not looking for primo! I'll take anything reasonable) and we worked something out. I made arrangements in advance that required me to purchase something out of pocket and she totally bailed on me. So I'm stuck holding the bag. Zero responses. Not cool.

Did you know that the women pay nothing to send and receive messages? We pay 90 a month... they pay nothing. Used to be a man's world i swear to god...
Yes, I know this. They want to attract women to the site and know men will be quicker to ante up 90 bucks playing the sugar daddy role. Most of the gals are looking to collect money without having to spend as a result, where guys come to this site expecting to part with money. The administrators of the site have it all figured out so that it works.

Women only pay the premium to enable them to use certain filters on the site and to promote them more than the non payers.

Did you know Women dont pay to get into clubs, and that Men do?? Insane i mean obviously Women make the club seem like a better option and girls getting SA for free makes the selection greater but i mean c,'mon.

Dude you're crying a lot over $90. You're like one of the few Men who are looking for pros on SA. Thats cool but i for one am glad they arent so readily available thats a good thing for the rest of us.

Most of us want to spend less than $300 on a young attractive girl and fuck her for hours . And most of us can spend less than $100 or more on a hotel room and not make a big deal of it. Good luck though not sure where on here you read the site is good for fucking pros. I mean thats not where i would look for pros.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Used to be??? Dear fucking god. What are you? A fucking incel? Men make up 77% of senate and about 80% of congress. Google gender wage gap. It is still very much a mans world.

Used to be??? Dear fucking god. What are you? A fucking incel? Men make up 77% of senate and about 80% of congress. Google gender wage gap. It is still very much a mans world.
WC. I'm a big fan and respect the hell out of you but have you been watching the news? You lose everything nowadays whether you're guilty or innocent when a single woman with substantiating evidence or not says, he made me feel uncomfortable...#metoo #timesup... it's over for men... watch and see brother... mark my words on this very day... it's over...
Did you know Women dont pay to get into clubs, and that Men do?? Insane i mean obviously Women make the club seem like a better option and girls getting SA for free makes the selection greater but i mean c,'mon.

Dude you're crying a lot over $90. You're like one of the few Men who are looking for pros on SA. Thats cool but i for one am glad they arent so readily available thats a good thing for the rest of us.

Most of us want to spend less than $300 on a young attractive girl and fuck her for hours . And most of us can spend less than $100 or more on a hotel room and not make a big deal of it. Good luck though not sure where on here you read the site is good for fucking pros. I mean thats not where i would look for pros.
Where exactly was i crying a lot? I mentioned it once or twice? Just miss the good old days. More power to the guy that likes this new world, but it ain't for me...

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
WC. I'm a big fan and respect the hell out of you but have you been watching the news? You lose everything nowadays whether you're guilty or innocent when a single woman with substantiating evidence or not says, he made me feel uncomfortable...#metoo #timesup... it's over for men... watch and see brother... mark my words on this very day... it's over...
I know. You sexually assult like 20 something women and they lock you up in a big white house in DC.

Don't believe what you see on Fox News. A few asshole rapists getting their comeuppance does not mean suddenly there is gender equality. The #metoo movement is in the same place as the black civil rights movement was in the 60's. They are fighting hard and making a loud noise and are no where near to having won the fight. Sexual harassment is still alive and well and men still rule the workplace and the country.

I look forward to the day when it actually is over.

I know. You sexually assult like 20 something women and they lock you up in a big white house in DC.

Don't believe what you see on Fox News. A few asshole rapists getting their comeuppance does not mean suddenly there is gender equality. The #metoo movement is in the same place as the black civil rights movement was in the 60's. They are fighting hard and making a loud noise and are no where near to having won the fight. Sexual harassment is still alive and well and men still rule the workplace and the country.

I look forward to the day when it actually is over.
I can't believe you're comparing the two! Lynching a man b/c he's black is not the same as a woman sleeping with a co worker, regretting it, and then ruining him by saying #metoo #timesup... regret is not rape! I'm all behind the #metoo movement... if it's legit. And I'm not backing Weinstein! He's a pig and deserves to lose everything!
I'm just saying.... you'll see...

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
I can't believe you're comparing the two! Lynching a man b/c he's black is not the same as a woman sleeping with a co worker, regretting it, and then ruining him by saying #metoo #timesup... regret is not rape! I'm all behind the #metoo movement... if it's legit. And I'm not backing Weinstein! He's a pig and deserves to lose everything!
I'm just saying.... you'll see...
I can't believe you are calling women being raped and harassed by their bosses "woman sleeping with a co worker, regretting it." I've seen it estimated that between 2 and 10% of accusations are actually fake.=

The fact that you think many of them are legitimate shows just how much a mans world this still is.

I can't believe you are calling women being raped and harassed by their bosses "woman sleeping with a co worker, regretting it." I've seen it estimated that between 2 and 10% of accusations are actually fake.=

The fact that you think many of them are legitimate shows just how much a mans world this still is.
I am one insignificant man my friend! And not much of one judging by my opinion of women!
I do not condone rape. Please don't misunderstand me. Rape is deplorable. All I'm saying is, 30 years later, a woman who slept with a co-worker, boss, whatever, now sees the #metoo movement in full effect and says, fuck it! I kind of regret it i guess. #metoo!
I believe women should be paid cent for cent what a man makes for equal work. Same with any race, religion, ethnicity... you name it. I'm a little more progressive than I'm letting on here...

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
All I'm saying is, 30 years later, a woman who slept with a co-worker, boss, whatever, now sees the #metoo movement in full effect and says, fuck it! I kind of regret it i guess. #metoo!
The problem is you are defining the #metoo movement by what is like .o1%. The cast majority of the people in the #metoo movement have legitimate complaints about actual harassment and rape. But because something like 1 out of 10,000 might be exaggerating you are denying the whole movement. That's exactly how big the problem is. People have convinced you most of the movements if bullshit based on those kinds of numbers. It's exactly the same bullshit that makes people afraid of muslims, or black people. The people in power claiming they are the victims to try to marginalize the actual victims who are standing up for themselves.

Believe me, men are not the victims of the #metoo movement any more than NAZI's were victims of the Nuremberg trials.

The problem is you are defining the #metoo movement by what is like .o1%. The cast majority of the people in the #metoo movement have legitimate complaints about actual harassment and rape. But because something like 1 out of 10,000 might be exaggerating you are denying the whole movement. That's exactly how big the problem is. People have convinced you most of the movements if bullshit based on those kinds of numbers. It's exactly the same bullshit that makes people afraid of muslims, or black people. The people in power claiming they are the victims to try to marginalize the actual victims who are standing up for themselves.

Believe me, men are not the victims of the #metoo movement any more than NAZI's were victims of the Nuremberg trials.
You are 100% correct. I did minimize it to a certain aspect of it and for that I apologize to the board.

Furthermore, AFAIK this is not true. AFAIK only verified students get free accounts. And while we're at it a male SB gets a free account too. And you were saying?

Furthermore, AFAIK this is not true. AFAIK only verified students get free accounts. And while we're at it a male SB gets a free account too. And you were saying?
You are correct. Everyone gets a free account. I stand corrected. But if a male would like to read messages, you need to pay 90 a month. Women on the other hand, free. And i was saying?

Wow. A lot going on here in a short period of time. I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth, but what seems to be lost here is the fact that nothing is monolithic, and nothing can be reduced to a simple one or two sentence explanation.
Is it, and has it always been, a man's (specifically, and crucially, white man's) world in the US? Absolutely. Is that now over, or coming to a rapid end, from the #metoo movement? Not a snowball's chance in hell. Yankees thought the confederacy died in 1865. It hasn't died yet (and lately seems to be making a big resurgence). African American's thought they'd reach equality with the Civil Rights Act in '64. Maybe in law, but sure as hell not in practice. This movement might be an awakening, maybe even a beginning but if WC looks "forward to the day when it actually is over" he better hope he lives as long as Abraham (175 years, according to my bible). And even then, it probably won't be complete.
.01% bullshit? Not hardly. I'd go with at least 10%, maybe even more. Because the problem is one of perception. If I make a pass at a coworker, and she's not interested, is she a #metoo victim? I'd say not. Men have been making passes at women forever. For her to claim #metoo victimization takes away from the true victims, the women who were are are forced, coerced, or otherwise pushed into a situation that they didn't want, but couldn't escape. That problem is widespread and pervasive, and those women are the true victims. But it would be naive to think that plenty of women who just didn't like that some guy hit on them haven't come forward claiming #metoo. A movement that started out as a legitimate push back against those men who wield their power and position to extort sexual favors has also brought out plenty of women who now jump on the bandwagon claiming that ugly Johnny from the mailroom who made a pass at me at work is a predator. He's not. He may be a slob and a jerk, but if he wasn't in a position of power over her to force her to do something, she's not a #metoo victim. She's just some girl who still hates the thought of ugly Johnny hitting on her. And that's the distinction that seems to be lost in this conversation. Take a look at this for how another group of women see it: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42643504
The one thing you can be sure of is that nothing moves in a straight line. This may be "the year of the woman", as they're saying, but white men will not go quietly into the dark night. The movement will get just so far, and then there'll be push back. And it probably won't be pretty.

You are correct. Everyone gets a free account. I stand corrected. But if a male would like to read messages, you need to pay 90 a month. Women on the other hand, free. And i was saying?
Don't know if we're cross talking or not. AFAIK everybody (SB female, SB male, SD, SM) gets a free account. Free is minimal searching, no messaging. AFAIK SBs who use verified educational accounts get messaging ability. I don't know if that increases their searching capability I think it doesn't. SBs who pay whether verified edu or not get the features they paid for. SBs can be male or female. AFAIK SD (male) and SM (female) get no additional features by default either so both must pay the 90 for the features they pay for. At least one point that was all so. Which is still not the case?

What bothers me with the metoo movement is the men that get fired without admission of guilt or the result of a being proven guilty of something.
Danny Masterson was fired from Netflix after rape allegations. From usa today:

In a statement provided to USA TODAY Tuesday, Masterson said he was "very disappointed" in Netflix's decision to write his character off the show, adding that he has "denied the outrageous allegations" against him from Day 1.

"Law enforcement investigated these claims more than 15 years ago and determined them to be without merit. I have never been charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one," the statement read. "In this country, you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. However, in the current climate, it seems as if you are presumed guilty the moment you are accused."

I don't know if he's innocent or not but his last line is the crux of my point. And thats one example. They're convicted by the media and out of a job. Many are fired on the first day of the media's release of the accusations.
This should be disturbing to more people.
I expect to be pounced upon by some for my view of it so feel free to do so.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
That's bullshit. There is still due process. For the most part, people are not just being fired for a single accusation.

The way you describe it, one girl made a complaint and he got fired on the spot. Danny Masterson currently has 5 accusers that I know about and what the police describe as "overwhelming" evidence against him. Netflix would be insane to do anything other than they did. Any company would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.