Manhattan DA announces they will stop prosecuting prostitution cases

I think I read NYC DA said they weren't going to prosecute unlicensed massage either.
I think you read the Manhattan DA said they weren't going to prosecute unlicensed massage either.
New York City has five counties, each with an equally incompentant DA. [Who knew there even is a Richmond County?]
The Daily News, the Post, and the Times each reported the event slightly differently. One, or more, stated unlicensed massage would not be prosecuted.
I suspect that at this point the DA has little idea of what he said. Stay tuned...pix at eleven.

They can also run honey pot adds and sting John's in hotels.
That will go a long way toward restoring tourism in New York City. LOL

I think you read the Manhattan DA said they weren't going to prosecute unlicensed massage either.
New York City has five counties, each with an equally incompentant DA. [Who knew there even is a Richmond County?]
The Daily News, the Post, and the Times each reported the event slightly differently. One, or more, stated unlicensed massage would not be prosecuted.
I suspect that at this point the DA has little idea of what he said. Stay tuned...pix at eleven.

That will go a long way toward restoring tourism in New York City. LOL
Richmond is Staten island, Kings is Brooklyn, in case you were confused about that.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Don't forget in the last decade the major move has been to push all the prosecutions to sex trafficking and money laundering. Look at the Robert Kraft affair.

“The communities hit hardest by the continued criminalization of sex work and human trafficking are overwhelmingly LGBTQ, they are people of color, and they are undocumented immigrants,” McCray said at the time. “Sex work is a means of survival for many in these marginalized groups.”

So if the sex workers were not LGBTQ, people or color, or undocumented it was fine to prosecute them? But because it affects those groups more, now it’s unfair? I’m all for decriminalizing... but the motives that they enunciate for doing so are themselves discriminatory.
It’s just the latest fad for excuses...

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
Queens and Brooklyn are where most raids happen
Makes sense as Manhattan is dying economically and they need to have people from out of town coming in and spending, even if it's prostitution they come in town for. Over my 4 decades on and off mongering I've noticed that raids are much less frequent during low points in the economic cycle. When the economy is on the upswing and people are spending on luxury items, lots of cash circulating is when the authorities develope a hard on to crack down on prostitution parlors. Parlors occupy rental spaces and keep landlords in green at a time when we're losing 1\3 rd of overall businesses.

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
Only see chicks that are amenable to outcalls.
The problem with that is that out call is where the majority of bait and switch goes on especially in Brooklyn. I don't think I ever once got the woman in the add picture in a Brooklyn.out call add. I stopped calling Brooklyn outcall adds because the fraud rate is nearly 100 percent.

The pro side to this is that competition will drive price down. More ladies will go Indy and try to make the house and tip on their own which could mean a price war among the providers as long as we don’t over pay and hold strong on pricing.