Making Associations

Do you know how when presented with certain triggers you make associations? For instance, if I said Hot Dog, many folks think Nathans. Well I was at the NYC Book Fair today, purchased some autographed books and saw a few of my favorite mystery authors as well as Melvin Van Peebles. But what brought this subject to mind was, as I was walking down 5th Ave I came across a booth, don’t remember the name, that had as it theme, “Read a good book lately” and there was a poster of Derek Jeter at Yankee Stadium reading a book. Of course who popped into my head immediately, Kimmie. Never meet the young lady and while I’ve been a Yankee fan from day 1, nothing but Kimmie came to mind. I wonder why?

billyS

Reign of Terror
When I hear the song "Baby got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot I think of Kimmie.
...."Red beans and rice didn't miss her......."

since the internet has brought me far along into this hobby, I associate a million things with it.
Examples-filling out insurance forms...wife asks me who would I like to put as primary provider...i mumble lexi..she says who..i say never mind whoever you want.
I go to bjs wharehouse....just cant get the name out of my mind.
I always have to force myself to steer away from the Full Service island at the gas station.
I could go on...I associate so much because this fucking hobby is always on my mind.
Every time I watch a movie and see the giant hollywood sign, well, enough said about that.