LoungeSpa in Manahtten

LoungeSpa in Manhatten

Has anyone ever heard of or been to this place? I saw it on the internet somewhere and tried to pay a visit. It was on 13th street between 5th and 6th Avenues. When I got there it didn't look like anything and there were no buzzers for a spa type place. I called the numbers from a cell phone and they were both temporarily disconnected. What a let down. I peeked in the door and it looked like the downstairs was undergoing some construction.
Any info?

Last edited:
IIRC this was a basement operation, below the Japanese restaurant.
I went there once and fell asleep during the massage. Never went back, probably a year or more ago.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I think those last two posts are conflicting. The Japanese Restuarant is on the South Side of 13th Street ( at least the one I went to, Taste of Tokyo @ 52 west 13th Street), and 43A is on the North Side ( and 43 is a large Cooperaitve loft building, the basement unit being 3000 Square feet, and the subject of some recent "important" Coop litigation - Sciame v. Glass House ). Loungespa was listed at 43 West 13th Street ( 646-336-5305 ).

APM-

I am certain that the place that I went to was on the north side of the street. Whether that street was 13th is another matter, but I think it was. Restaurant may be too generous a term; maybe lunch counter would be more appropriate. I seem to remember some other store immediately west.

Slinky Bender

schwenko,

I think you may be thinking of a different street. 13th between 5th and 6th on the North side is relatively devoid of stores altogether. There's an Indian Restaurant close to smack in the middle, but that's almost the only retail space on the whole block ( but I'll take a peek today just to make sure ).

43 is on the North side of the street but it is some type of Asian Cultural Center with art and it is a loft just like you mentioned. 43A is right next to it. Basically attached. What type of litigation is going on about that space? I didn't notice any restaraunt at all. I don't think I mentioned that I did. I don't know what was above the constrcution in the basement. May have been offices for the cultural center.

Slinky Bender

Yep, it's Tenri Cultural Center. The 43A entrance is just the frieght entrance for 43, which is a residential "loft" Coop. The litigation had to do with the principal of whether the President of Coop's signature on a Stock Certificate made it valid if the board had not duly authorised the action ( in this case a re-assignement of shares ). The court ruked "no" ( i.e. even though the purchaser had a signed and sealed Certificate for a certain number of shares, the re-assignment of shares was voided since the proper vote to do such reassignment was never undertaken ).

SB - you are a great wealth of knowledge!
By the way was any of that litigation related to the spa? HAve we determined that there was a spa once there? It is definitly not there now correct?

Slinky Bender

Originally posted by nixie
SB - you are a great wealth of knowledge!
By the way was any of that litigation related to the spa? HAve we determined that there was a spa once there? It is definitly not there now correct?
Litigation definitely had nothing to do with any Spa. I can tell you that the phone number of LoungeSpa was definitely listed at 43 West 13th Street. I didn't try that number to see if there was any answer. There is not "buzzer" marked "LoungeSpa" at that address. That's all I know.