Little Branch

I went to Little Branch last night, the new bar/cocktail lounge the proprietor of Milk & Honey, the famous LES lounge, opened in the space that used to be Nowbar.

I'd have to say, based on this one visit, that Milk & Honey is probably my favorite bar in New York now.

But how weird it was to be down in that space and (a) not worry about a raid, (b) not watch the staircase going up to the old VIP section to see who was going up or coming down, and (c) not be surrounded by either (depending on the night) lowlife looking women grabbing your crotch or fairly well-done-up trannies making nice to their customers.

Not to mention how weird it was to be down in that space and have plenty of comfortable air conditioning.

Last edited:
Know the feeling

Hehehe... I know the feeling. For a while I frequented an AMP that used to be a small black-box theater that I'd produced some plays in back in my hey-day. It was super weird, but that's NYC for ya'.

To think, the bedroom in my apartment used to be the place they'd build industrial machinery.

This dead thread came up because of a spam post. Anyone been to this bar/lounge lately? New York Magazine has user reports of it getting kind of lame.