Legal fund

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Sorry Slinky I owe you an apology.
I was in the process of donating to the legal fund but when I posted here I noticed I’m being Moderated!!
I’m sure you’ll agree that to donate while I’m being censored is pretty ridiculous.
So again my apologies!
You got moderated for a reason. I read this post as "Wah! I would have donated, but you moderated me so fuck you!" You are full of shit. If you really wanted to support the site you would have done so. Your apology is completely insincere.

You got moderated for a reason. I read this post as "Wah! I would have donated, but you moderated me so fuck you!" You are full of shit. If you really wanted to support the site you would have done so. Your apology is completely insincere.
I supported this site for over 10 years.
My apology was for the post stating that I had donated. That was premature and in error.

I wasn’t apologizing for not donating !!
But no big deal and for the record I know why I was moderated I don’t have a problem with that

Damn, that's cold. The guy has been here for 10 years. According to Slinky many people have been permanently moderated for the last 3 weeks and who knows how many more have been banned. It could have been anyone with a chip on their shoulder. It could have been LE. If you don't think they monitor this site then that's pretty naive. He could have just said GFY Slinky and been done with it or he also could have not said anything and watched the fallout. He could have just created a new account if he really wanted to post here and no one would have known the difference. I see more than a few accounts with less than 10 posts commenting on here lately which leads me to believe that permanently moderated people are doing just that. I think someone owes someone an apology but I will probably get banned or moderated for suggesting it.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
I supported this site for over 10 years.
So you've been donating money to the site for the past 1o years. Sorry. I didn't know.

My apology was for the post stating that I had donated. That was premature and in error.
I wasn’t apologizing for not donating !!
So you haven't been donating for the past 10 years then. Wait. So you didn't donate? I thought you said you have been supporting the site for over 10 years. You are using the site. Not supporting it. There is a big difference. And at less than 150 posts in those 10 years, it seems like you are mostly leeching off the site and barely contributing.

Basically, you decided to say you donated, which you hadn't, and then realized that you would better served by holding the money over Slinkys head as you complained about your moderation, and then admitted you hadn't actually donated but implied you would have if you weren't moderated.

Your explanation doesn't make it any better.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Damn, that's cold. The guy has been here for 10 years. According to Slinky many people have been permanently moderated for the last 3 weeks and who knows how many more have been banned. It could have been anyone with a chip on their shoulder. It could have been LE. If you don't think they monitor this site then that's pretty naive. He could have just said GFY Slinky and been done with it or he also could have not said anything and watched the fallout. He could have just created a new account if he really wanted to post here and no one would have known the difference. I see more than a few accounts with less than 10 posts commenting on here lately which leads me to believe that permanently moderated people are doing just that. I think someone owes someone an apology but I will probably get banned or moderated for suggesting it.
This is laughable. About the only thing you are right about here is that someone does owe someone an apology.

Facebook is one of the Largest and Most Profitable Companies on the Planet. Facebook has over 2.2 Billion Members. Facebook is FREE!! Without it’s Members how exactly could you sell Any Advertising??
So Please go tell Mark Zuckerberg that Members don’t Support the Company!!

If you don’t understand that basic concept well I don’t know what else to say!!

Here’s exactly what happened.
I never do credit card transactions on my mobile phone. So I was on my laptop on the Go FundMe site filling in the information to donate.
Since I’m capable of multitasking on my phone I posted my original comment that I had donated and thanked Slinky. Now that is when I saw that I was being Moderated. The problem is when you’re being Moderated there is NO EDIT OPTION once you hit “post”. So I could not Edit or Delete.
At that point I felt my only option was to Post a Correction I felt it was the right thing to do!
Then about an hour later I saw Slinky’s post saying that the GoFindMe was cancelled because someone reported it. I thought I hope he doesn’t think it was me. So I posted again saying “I hope you don’t think that was me”

But you were right I probably shouldn’t have posted anything and all would have been good.
My mistake!!

One other thing you were right about is GoFundMe is a Public Website and it’s very likely that it wasn’t even a member of UG that reported it.
All that followed my Post was just noise
I had no intent to hold anything over Slinky’s head. I certainly never meant to imply anything else.
Not sure this will get posted but I guess we’ll see!

Isn't PayPal linked to a credit card or bank routing number and account number? Unfortunately in this fucked up digital age, I believe the only way to remain truly anonymous is via snail mail. USPS money order paid for with cash and an envelope with no return address... that I'd be 100% willing to participate in.

Y'all do know that contributing money to UG, via any vehicle, is perfectly legal, right? I get that you might want some degree of anonymity if you're trying to hide a CC charge from your wife, but there's nothing at all illegal about it. If a prepaid VISA card will work to fund PayPal, and you set it up using a disposable email account like the one you (should have) used to create your UG account, there's no issues with the gov't that you need to worry about (Clarification: There's a whole shitload of issues with this gov't that you need to worry about, but sending money to UG isn't one of them).

There is only 2 ways to be able to send an entirely untraceable/ unidentifiable "donation"...

The receiver of the MO's might be able to stay anonymous, but it would depend on how much the cash value equivalent is.

1. Cash sent by mail or hand delivered.
2. Money Order (7-Eleven, USPS, etc
.. but there are limits to how large you can send via one "payment" slip) and again mail or hand deliver.

FYI when mailing do not include your return address, every single piece of mail is monitored and photographed in the US.

So what is needed is anonymous drop box... as a Poland based IP services company, that retains "international law" lawyers from the US, it could be legal to have a US operations legal department to facilitate, and not be in violation of FOSTA...Not that Utopia Guide is, or has ever offered any services that would, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to need protection from overzealous prosecutors that stretch the law and behave in unethical prosecutorial misconduct and abuses....

......1. Cash sent by mail....
That's how I sent funds last time Slinky had a fund raiser.

......FYI when mailing do not include your return address, every single piece of mail is monitored and photographed in the US.....
As far as "do not include your return address": Duh!
As far as photographing all mail: I have a PO Box and I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery where they send me an email with photos of all mail that will go into my box.

......So what is needed is anonymous drop box... as a Poland based IP services company, that retains "international law" lawyers from the US, it could be legal to have a US operations legal department to facilitate, and not be in violation of FOSTA...Not that Utopia Guide is, or has ever offered any services that would, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to need protection from overzealous prosecutors that stretch the law and behave in unethical prosecutorial misconduct and abuses....
Hint, hint.

That's how I sent funds last time Slinky had a fund raiser.

As far as "do not include your return address": Duh!
As far as photographing all mail: I have a PO Box and I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery where they send me an email with photos of all mail that will go into my box.

Hint, hint.
Genius I have a po box as well and i signed up for informed delivery but was told that my location wasn't available to have it? Went to the PO and asjed them they said that office wasn't able to get it....didn't know why

Setting up a PO box in Poland is a bit out of my reach at the moment.
Do a local one. .
So what is needed is anonymous drop box... as a Poland based IP services company, that retains "international law" lawyers from the US, it could be legal to have a US operations legal department to facilitate, and not be in violation of FOSTA...Not that Utopia Guide is, or has ever offered any services that would, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to need protection from overzealous prosecutors that stretch the law and behave in unethical prosecutorial misconduct and abuses....

Bitcoin transfers could work nicely. Easy for mods to set up one address for accepting transfers. Anonymous if set up correctly, for those who seek discretion. Downside is it's a bit techy for some I suppose.

Genius I have a po box as well and i signed up for informed delivery but was told that my location wasn't available to have it? Went to the PO and asjed them they said that office wasn't able to get it....didn't know why
Don't know why either; I have a PO box in a little two bit PO that has it (not Farmingdale as this PO is both closer to my residence and more importantly right next to a great discount liquor store, outstanding Korean restaurant where I'm the only non-Asian eating there and an outstanding pizza place).
Anyway, my point was that I was not surprised that all mail is photographed as I see all mail going to my box including junk mail.