Latest UG Makeover

I've been logged on various times through the day using FireFox and Chrome on a MacBook via Verizon Fios. I have not logged out on FireFox. But I can exist and reenter Chrome with no problem including not being logged in.

Here's some quick thoughts:
1) reboot your computer
2) clear the cache on your browser, exit your browser, restart your browser
3) reboot your router
4) try a different browser

There is some harder thing to try too involving flushing your DNS but not worth going down that mess if any of the above works.

I've been logged on various times through the day using FireFox and Chrome on a MacBook via Verizon Fios. I have not logged out on FireFox. But I can exist and reenter Chrome with no problem including not being logged in.

Here's some quick thoughts:
1) reboot your computer
2) clear the cache on your browser, exit your browser, restart your browser
3) reboot your router
4) try a different browser

There is some harder thing to try too involving flushing your DNS but not worth going down that mess if any of the above works.
I finally got kicked out, so it's probably not a browser problem as originally thought and more likely something going on with .pl's or DOS attack or something. If it was a propagation problem usually would have resolved itself by now. FWIW, it let me get to utopiaguide.pl but anything underneath that got rejected don't know what you're richoceting off or not.

How many of you had trouble logging on today? What did you experience? I was receiving server error messages and I know at least two other members that had similar problems.
I had trouble late afternoon yesterday and all day today . I finally got on but when I went to log on, I got that error code. I just was able to get on now.

ISP's domain not found error most of the day. Back to normal now for me now though! Using chrome, text url and w/VPN, everything looks good. No site navigation issues. Hopefully that was the end of it.

I don't know if I just never noticed this before or if some software switch was just turned on, but I now see a note about new posts when I go into a thread. It's on the right, just next to the post number.
New #15
It's a great tool because it tells you exactly which posts are new since the last time you visited a thread. So if you don't use the "new posts" tab to visit threads for updates, you can see which posts are new this way.

UPDATE: Now that I researched it a bit more, I think that notification is only for posts that have been made today. I went into some threads that I don't usually view and haven't been in for months and only today's posts contained that note. So, it may not be the useful alert tool I thought it was.

Last edited: