Lakers suck (for now)

justme

homo economicus
I'd hesitate to make any T-Mac/Kobe comparisons based on this season. Kobe's supporting staff has been a little less than pathetic (but then again, look at what they're paid).

I think T-Mac's a better player (and I've thought that for a season and a half), but I don't think it's obvious or overwhelming.

And I'm fairly sure that the only person who ever believed that Kobe was the man on the Lakers was Kobe (and even he hasn't believed that for some time).

Of course, who cares? Shaq'll come back and the rest is history. (Well unless I'm actually right and Sacramento knocks them off)

Sacramento Queens?

The Lakers are merely "spotting" the rest of the Western Conference 10 games before Shack comes back... Then the season starts. Heavy is the head that wears the crown... especially after having been crowned for three successive years.

Kobe should have been more careful about what he was wishing for; it looks like he got it. I bet when Shack returns, Kobe will have a new Rolex, a dozen roses and a HUGE "Welcome back Shack" sign over his locker...

Kobe is good, but I hate to say it, there are other "2" guards in the league who are as good or better than he is... McGrady and Carter are the first ones who come to mind.

Anyway, I'll check back to this thread after the NBA All-Star break and we'll see how our predications are faring...

Last edited:

pswope

One out of three
True MVP by a landslide- Shaq.

Regular season is now a defacto exhibition season for LA. They justifiably feel that can wait for playoffs and win,without homecourt advantage.

justme

homo economicus
Vince Carter? That has been? Let's see what he can do without knees.

pswope - agreed, but I still think (and I know I'm the only person outside of Northern California) that the Kings have the talent to top them this year.

kings had the talent to top them last year. just needed one (out of six) clutch jumpshot. still hurts.

what a year
kings choke
giants blow 5-0 lead with eight outs to go
raiders lose four straight after we made our super bowl reservations

i guess i better start rooting for ny teams.

(my 69th post)

Last edited:

pswope

One out of three
It'll be interesting to see if Shaq has the hunger to win another title. The Kings certainly have the talent,assuming Bibby returns at last years form and other key guys remain injury free. If Shaq doesn't really want it, then the Kings can topple the Lakers.

justme

homo economicus
It's not just Shaq, Horry rescued the season for the Lakers last year. While the role players suck, the Lakers still need them to perform at a certain level to win.

I think it'll be an interesting post season.

God, I have to get my cable turned on (Close to two months without TV has been so great)