Kurt Cobain Guitar

Sells for 6 million dollars today at an auction..A great guitar player, but....

In my book, when the legendary Jimmy Page should pass we are talking some serious money.. imho, the greatest

pokler

Power Bottom

In my book, when the legendary Jimmy Page should pass we are talking some serious money.. imho, the greatest
I don't think anyone who knows about guitar playing thinks his chops were anything close to a Page or Clapton .

He wasn't a great guitar player (Cobain)! He just revolutionized music, that's all. As far as the best? That's a list that includes ppl we've probably never heard of.
Ever hear of Eric Johnson? He makes Jimmy Page look like a piker.
If the intro gets boring, skip to the 3 minute mark. This guy is unreal.
Or Tom Morello from Rage?
The guitar is a toy in his hands, check out his solos compared to Bruce's. This performance had die hard guitar enthusiasts scratching their heads in amazement.
What about Eddie Van Halen?
Page was fine, in my opinion, but when you can bend a guitar to your will, like the examples above, you're on another level. The list goes on and on...

He wasn't a great guitar player (Cobain)! He just revolutionized music, that's all. As far as the best? That's a list that includes ppl we've probably never heard of.
Ever hear of Eric Johnson? He makes Jimmy Page look like a piker.
If the intro gets boring, skip to the 3 minute mark. This guy is unreal.
Or Tom Morello from Rage?
The guitar is a toy in his hands, check out his solos compared to Bruce's. This performance had die hard guitar enthusiasts scratching their heads in amazement.
What about Eddie Van Halen?
Page was fine, in my opinion, but when you can bend a guitar to your will, like the examples above, you're on another level. The list goes on and on...
Some great examples here.. thank you... I’ll be up for a while now doing some recon and listening to some great music..

No disrespect to the OP, but Jimmy Page ripped off a lot of other people's music. When I found that out, it really hurt some of my appreciation for Led Zeppelin.

Shout out to the underrated Bruce Cockburn.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Van Halen, both the band and the guitarist were nothing but a glorified cover band.
While technically proficient, he didn't have his own signature sound. He basically just tried to copy Hendrix.

No one has ever gone beyond what Jimi did. He was a true innovator.

Most of it is subjective but;
Jimi
Santana
Clapton.

I think we can all agree that because of different tastes we all have our ATF.. Just like our hobby!!

Fav song of all time... to many to list, but “ I’m Your Captain “ by Grand Funk Railroad is on the top of my list..

Clapton (a/k/a "God," {for a reason} "Slow-hand," and others {can play any genre of music} That sets him apart from all others, along with his longevity and tragic life.)

David Gilmour (Pink Floyd - unspeakable)

Steve Howe (Yes - also from the heavenly realm)

Allen Collins (Lynard Skynard - shatters reality )

Angus Young (that lil' rascal in his knickers)

Stevie Ray Vaughan (believed in a nice hearty breakfast every morning of a glass of scotch with a teaspoon of white substance that was not baking soda)

Joe Walsh (insane)

so many others including but not limited to:

Mark Knopfler
Brian May (Queen)
Peter Frampton
Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac)
George Harrison

*****How about the father of it all, "Robert Johnson,
who couldn't play a lick and kicked out of every southern haunt until he allegedly met a very shady, dubious fellow, a fallen angel and king of the underworld at the crossroads and came back to town playin' blues guitar like nobody before and taken away at 27 years old?)

The damned list goes on and on and ...

Van Halen, both the band and the guitarist were nothing but a glorified cover band.
While technically proficient, he didn't have his own signature sound. He basically just tried to copy Hendrix.

No one has ever gone beyond what Jimi did. He was a true innovator.

Most of it is subjective but;
Jimi
Santana
Clapton.
You can't argue how many how many great songs VH had. Especially with dave.

No disrespect to the OP, but Jimmy Page ripped off a lot of other people's music. When I found that out, it really hurt some of my appreciation for Led Zeppelin.

Shout out to the underrated Bruce Cockburn.
Alot of bands started out doing blues covers.
guys like Buddy Guy and Joe Bonamassa had made a career from it.
Even the great Clapton still does blues covers.