• other

Votes: 137 41.9%

• Total voters

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Re: A serious question for the mensa folk

Originally posted by pswope
Why don't dentists see working girls?

(please no jokes about drilling all day)
They do, but no one wants to admit to being a dentist, so they usually just say that they are taxidermists.

I cant recall(very rarely happens to me, notes are not around)which provider told me about one of her clients being a mortician with a well known business.
She told me she felt weird whenever he caressed her and told her what lovely skin and nice body she had.
She said the guy sticks tubes all day in dead people so anyone with a heartbeat must be pretty fucking exciting to him.
It was the way she said it had me laughing for 10 minutes.

Re: Re: A serious question for the mensa folk

Originally posted by slinkybender

They do, but no one wants to admit to being a dentist, so they usually just say that they are taxidermists.

is this why all the animals I've had stuffed turn out wrong????? Damn liars!!
fw

i'm a professional? shit i just wanted a job . . .

me (formerly known as lebeguine) = lawyer.

why are there so many lawyers in the hobby? this is my analysis:

1. you go to school
2. they teach you its okay to be an amoral fuck (hell the law even DEMANDS it)
3. if you are a fuck enough or amoral enough you make a lot of money
4. you've got tons of extra cash but people run screaming from the room when you enter
5. ipso facto = lawyer says to himself: self, i can hobby! b/c i:
(a) do not have enough TIME (nor the ability any longer) to form a meaningful relationship with a significant partner;
(b) can use my amoral fuck qualities on some provider who is just trying to make a living;
(c) can feel superior while doing it (after all i don't have to prostitute MYSELF to make a living [snarf] and practicing the law means i'm performing an important social function [snarf snarf]) (corollary: this young women is LUCKY to have contact with a person of my class and/or education, where ELSE would she obtain such contact?);
(d) i can reduce actual human relations to a mere transaction (posner would be proud); and
(e) hobbying provides me with a respite from actually THINKING about what it is i do.

for this and so many more reasons . . . lawyers need providers way more than providers need lawyers . . . ladies, construct your economic paradigms accordingly.

B.

Hobbyist Vocations

I thought it might be interesting to find out what vocations fellow hobbyists have. I don't mean to pry....I dont mean specifically or anything. Just a general thing...like sales or executive or whatever. :)

As for myself, I am a manager of a video store and I do side work helping out a friend who is a plumber. I help him on days off with major jobs and such. Ive learned a lot working with him and am considering working in that trade full-time. Its not the cleanest of work, but the money is excellent and if you do heating as well as regular plumbing (water heaters, sinks, etc) you can have a very brisk business. And it would be nice to be my own boss. :D

Originally posted by jseah
I wonder how many of the computer/high-tech industry types are included in the large number in "other".......(that should have been its own category, y'know).
Yep, that be me also.

Duck