Joe's Pizza - Manhattan, Carmine St. and also East 14th St. 212-388-9474

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
The last time I ordered a Sicilian pie from here they pissed me off because the website said $20, when I placed the order the guy on the phone said $20, but when the delivery guy came he said $24. It's not like the $4 is going to break me but I was turned off by the concept. So I wrote an email to their customer service line and they said both the website and the guy on the phone were wrong, that they would correct the website and asked what they could do to make it up to me. Well, the website now says $24 but it's still $22 on Seamless.com and I told them "whatever they felt like doing" to make it up to me would be fine and what they ended up doing was "nothing." So just on principal I am not ordering from them any more.
212-388-9474 212-366-1182
http://www.joespizzanyc.com/

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

Now that I followed up and told them I would be taking my business elsewhere, their answer was:

"jpny333@gmail.com
Ok we understand. However, we didnt mean to offend. There was a simple mixup on getting you a complimentary pie. Sorry about that. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reach out and express your complaint and thanks for your past patronage. No hard feelings and a sincere thanks.

Joe's Pizza"

Of course they still did not actually offer me anything.

Why not respond that you don't believe they ever offered a free pizza, but that if that is what they meant, you will be happy to offer them a second chance and have them deliver a free pie.
You can still not order from again after that, but at least you got something out of your mistreatment.

pokler

Power Bottom
Why not respond that you don't believe they ever offered a free pizza, but that if that is what they meant, you will be happy to offer them a second chance and have them deliver a free pie.
You can still not order from again after that, but at least you got something out of your mistreatment.

No your missing the point. Slinkys little rant has made it all better.

Slinky Bender

I sent them this:

"I don't believe that I was offered a complimentary anything. If I had been I would have taken you up on that offer."

But have not heard back.

I sent them this: "I don't believe that I was offered a complimentary anything. If I had been I would have taken you up on that offer." But have not heard back.
A whole 16" pizza costs roughly $2.50 for them to make.

I would say maybe they just take the (probably many) losing business threats with a grain of salt and take no action -- but they did actually reply to your original email in a manner suggesting they offer complimentary apology food, so that's probably not the case.

It seems silly for them to not just send you one or to not reply to your last email and ask you to stop in to pick one up for free.

But what do I know? I'm just a fuckin' monger.