It's Post time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like the south park episode when a teacher was having sex with Kyle's 5 year old brother and the men we're commenting on her arrest ... "But she's hot".
If she were a guy she'd be in jail.

These teachers get away with it because the majority of lawyers and judges are dudes that fantasize about having this happen to them when they were kids. Total double standard but it is what it is.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
“She still is a talented teacher and has those skills, and I don’t see any reason to destroy her ability to make a living and to contribute to society in a positive way.”
Are they fucking kidding? Let's change the gender and wording.

A male teacher raped his 14 year old student, but I don't see any reason he shouldn't still be able to teach.

Uh huh. That would go over really well.

This kind of shit really annoys me....

Why couldn't I have a teacher like that when I was 14?

Article says it happened multiple times in multiple locations and he told a friend.

Of course he had to tell a friend ( it's hard to keep this stuff to yourself and he was probably unaware of UG, where he could have spilled his guts anonymously). Unfortunately, the envious friend ratted him out.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
As much as you might think "I wish I was getting BJ's at 14", make no mistake about it. This was rape. She was an adult who took advantage of a minor. And 14 is seriously minor. We are coming close to pedophilia.

Certainly it is a serious matter sensationalized by the media because people love to read about this kind of thing. Sex in any form sells.

This is somewhat a "good ole boys" forum as I see it and much as it is the sexual harassment cases women are bring up these days, we do find a humor in it that we share here.

I agree, pedophilia is a serious issue and not to ever be taken lightly. However, this falls more in the finer line catagory as sex with a minor and agree with it or not, there is a big difference between a 14 year old boy and a 14 year old girl having sex with a 29 year old. Maybe not in the eyes of the law, but certainly in the eyes of many average guys believing that although a double standard, in most cases it is not going to corrupt a 14 year old boys future life.

Of course there are the occasional exceptions.

Were this my 14 year old son, would I be upset. Absolutely, but not nearly as much as my wife would and not nearly as much if it were my 14 year old daughter.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
there is a big difference between a 14 year old boy and a 14 year old girl having sex with a 29 year old. Maybe not in the eyes of the law, but certainly in the eyes of many average guys believing that although a double standard, in most cases it is not going to corrupt a 14 year old boys future life.
While there may be a big difference in the eye of the average guy, I would say there is very little difference in the wellbeing of the child. Boys can suffer psychological damage from sexual assault just as much as girls can. And an adult in a position of power taking advantage of a child is sexual assault, no matter how much the child might think they want it.

It's only the double standard that leads you to believe it won't corrupt the boys life.

Are they fucking kidding? Let's change the gender and wording.

A male teacher raped his 14 year old student, but I don't see any reason he shouldn't still be able to teach.

Uh huh. That would go over really well.
In order for the crime to be committed, the male student needs to be arroused and an active participant. So he’s just as much of a guilty party. If 14 and 15 year olds are being tried as adults for murder, why are they considered the victims of sexual affairs with their teachers......... and having a great time and then bragging about it... but wait!! He’s a Victim!!!

If he ain’t hard, she isn’t getting any....

Social Media is the reason these Female teachers are getting caught. Because either the parents are finding the conversations or the students are bragging a little to highly about it on social media...

But it is true that the male teacher is always gonna be crucified. Even if the female student brags on social media about her torrid affair with her hunk of a teacher, he’s gonna be crucified. And it’s for the same reason.

She got him arroused , and he gave it to her.

Even though it’s bad enough, you have this habit of making things sound 20 times worse. So call it what it really is ... Statutory Rape. Not flat out rape. There’s full consent from both parties...!

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
In order for the crime to be committed, the male student needs to be arroused and an active participant.
This is patently false.

1. You can perform oral sex on someone who is not aroused.
2. Physical sensations can arouse you whether you consent to the act or not. Especially at 14.
3. A minor can't consent because they aren't mature enough to make the decision. They may think they want to, but aren't old enough to make decisions that are in their own best interest. That's why statutory rape is a crime even if both parties are willing and enthusiastic participants.

So he’s just as much of a guilty party. If 14 and 15 year olds are being tried as adults for murder, why are they considered the victims of sexual affairs with their teachers......... and having a great time and then bragging about it... but wait!! He’s a Victim!!!
14 & 15 year olds are not tried as adults in general. Exceptions have been made, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Most minors are tried as minors because they are, you know, minors.

Even though it’s bad enough, you have this habit of making things sound 20 times worse. So call it what it really is ... Statutory Rape. Not flat out rape. There’s full consent from both parties...!
No. You are wrong. Statutory rape is rape. A minor cannot consent. No matter how much they may think they want it, it's not consent. The law has set an age of consent and that is where recognize someone to be old enough to make those decisions. Anything before that, and it's flat out not consent.

This is patently false.

1. You can perform oral sex on someone who is not aroused.
2. Physical sensations can arouse you whether you consent to the act or not. Especially at 14.
3. A minor can't consent because they aren't mature enough to make the decision. They may think they want to, but aren't old enough to make decisions that are in their own best interest. That's why statutory rape is a crime even if both parties are willing and enthusiastic participants.

14 & 15 year olds are not tried as adults in general. Exceptions have been made, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Most minors are tried as minors because they are, you know, minors.

No. You are wrong. Statutory rape is rape. A minor cannot consent. No matter how much they may think they want it, it's not consent. The law has set an age of consent and that is where recognize someone to be old enough to make those decisions. Anything before that, and it's flat out not consent.
I sooo totally disagree with you on all accounts...

First of all , parents have been using the statutory rape law to their advantage for years. So you’re telling me that the 15 year old girl can consent to her 17 yo boyfriend, but then is unable to consent the minute he blows out the candles on his 18th birthday . Really?? He or she is saying “ yes!! Give it to me!!”

Minors who are in their right state of mind and commit 1st degree murder without any influence from another party should be tried as an adult!!! If you had a loved one who was murdered by a kid who wanted to know the feeling of killing someone and carefully planned it, you would want them tried as an adult!! You’d be cutting your nose to spite your face if you say that you didn’t...

And come on, there’s been a lot of these incidents in the news over the years. So maybe by chance not this one. But what about the teacher in Texas who was having an orgy with her students . They’re all slapping each other high 5’s and she got 5 years....

As a group they had the power to “No” . But they didn’t. They all consented and ran the train on her instead....

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
First of all , parents have been using the statutory rape law to their advantage for years. So you’re telling me that the 15 year old girl can consent to her 17 yo boyfriend, but then is unable to consent the minute he blows out the candles on his 18th birthday . Really??
When did I say that??? Nope. As I understand it, in some jurisdictions, both of them would be legally guilty of "engaging in unlawful sex with another person."

Minors who are in their right state of mind and commit 1st degree murder without any influence from another party should be tried as an adult!!!
That's your opinion, but it's not the law.

If you had a loved one who was murdered by a kid who wanted to know the feeling of killing someone and carefully planned it, you would want them tried as an adult!! You’d be cutting your nose to spite your face if you say that you didn’t...
Laws are made by calm, reasoning people in healthy states of mind, not grieving people. Either a person of a certain age is capable of knowing right from wrong and being held accountable for their decisions, or they are not. But that doesn't change because I am connected to the victim and therefore more upset.

My own feeling is there should not be exceptions where we try minors as adults. We set the age where they go from minor to adult and then we prosecute accordingly. Whether that age is 18 or 13, I'll leave to psychologists to decide. But it's ridiculous to say someone of a certain age is a minor, but since I am personally angry they should be tried as an adult.

And come on, there’s been a lot of these incidents in the news over the years. So maybe by chance not this one. But what about the teacher in Texas who was having an orgy with her students . They’re all slapping each other high 5’s and she got 5 years....

As a group they had the power to “No” . But they didn’t. They all consented and ran the train on her instead....
This case makes my point even more. In addition to pressure from an adult in a position of power over you, you are adding in mob mentality and peer pressure from everyone else. Yeah, I'm sure the couple of kids in that situation who didn't want to do it really felt safe saying no. They weren't going to be made fun of or bullied or anything like that at all. I don't know this case, but from the little info you gave, I have no problem with her sentence.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Steveoo1970,

Question. Your opinions here seem to be "treat kids as adults" across the board. So, if an 10 year old commits a premeditated murder, you think they should be tried as an adult? How about a 6 year old who gets his hands on daddy's gun. You think they should be tried as an adult?

Apply the same logic to your age of consent arguments. You say it's not rape if they are into it. You have an example of a 17 year old boy with a 15 year old girl. Subtract a year from her age (not his). Still ok with it? Subtract another year. And another. How far down in age do we have to go before you realize a child saying yes to playing with an adult is not consent??? You may think 14 is an adult. I don't, and the law agrees with me.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
There is a rule about not posting about minors or speculating if someone was one. Here we are commenting on a news article and the laws about age of consent, not speaking about anyone in particular.

Still, it's a questionable area and I'll close the thread until Slinky can make a ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.