It’s a Mad Mad World

.....Basic Premise: The world that we see, hear, taste, feel, think and smell, comes forth from a vast nothingness, and returns to a vast nothingness, leaving no trace......
Except for the "returns to vast nothingness" Stephen Hawking can be considered to say the same thing about the origin of everything.
It sounds like Lao Tzu beat out Hawking by 2500 years or so.

Except for the "returns to vast nothingness" Stephen Hawking can be considered to say the same thing about the origin of everything.
It sounds like Lao Tzu beat out Hawking by 2500 years or so.
As a side note, for some of you who remember the popular 70’s show, “Kung Fu” starring David Carradine.

It was many episodes following the trials and tribulations of Caine (nicknamed: Grasshopper) (David Carradine) as a wandering Taoist monk in the western world, searching for his lost brother.

It was beautifully presented and loved and admired by millions. It introduced the Taoist culture to an open and eager western culture in the US, towards the close of the Vietnam War.

Most appreciated in the west were Caine’s Taoist Kung fu style that was slow and harmonious, as opposed to karate and jujitsu, and never sought to annihilate, kill and destroy an enemy, but merely to defend and preserve one’s own life. Therefore, it was a compassionate form of self-defense, yet extremely effective.

The scenes that I enjoyed most were flashbacks to Caine’s (David Carridine) childhood, growing up in a Taoist monastery, and learning deep Taoist lessons and philosophy from his revered blind elder Taoist teacher and monk, Master Po.

To this day, on YouTube, I visit excerpts from some episodes, and find great peace and solace in the spirituality, and also the presentation of the misty ancient monastery in ancient China where the young boy, Caine, was taught and nurtured to become not only a Taoist warrior but a wayfarer on the path of enlightenment.

Not to be confused with Sun Tzu !
Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

Interestingly, the highly successful Allied Invasion of the beaches of Normandy in World War II, whether knowingly or unknowingly, incorporated one of the tenets in Sun Tzu’s book, The Art of War, namely:

“Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight. If they will face death, there is nothing they may not achieve. Officers and men alike will put forth their uttermost strength.”

As a side note, for some of you who remember the popular 70’s show, “Kung Fu” starring David Carradine.

It was many episodes following the trials and tribulations of Caine (nicknamed: Grasshopper) (David Carradine) as a wandering Taoist monk in the western world, searching for his lost brother.

It was beautifully presented and loved and admired by millions. It introduced the Taoist culture to an open and eager western culture in the US, towards the close of the Vietnam War.

Most appreciated in the west were Caine’s Taoist Kung fu style that was slow and harmonious, as opposed to karate and jujitsu, and never sought to annihilate, kill and destroy an enemy, but merely to defend and preserve one’s own life. Therefore, it was a compassionate form of self-defense, yet extremely effective.

The scenes that I enjoyed most were flashbacks to Caine’s (David Carridine) childhood, growing up in a Taoist monastery, and learning deep Taoist lessons and philosophy from his revered blind elder Taoist teacher and monk, Master Po.

To this day, on YouTube, I visit excerpts from some episodes, and find great peace and solace in the spirituality, and also the presentation of the misty ancient monastery in ancient China where the young boy, Caine, was taught and nurtured to become not only a Taoist warrior but a wayfarer on the path of enlightenment.
Bruce Lee wasn’t too pleased with Carridine

Didn’t Carradine die in a closet?

Bruce Lee wasn’t too pleased with Carridine

Didn’t Carradine die in a closet?
Unfortunately, not a good death.

He died in Thailand, found in a closet, died of asphyxiation, with a cord wrapped around his neck and genitals. It is believed he did not commit suicide but was engaged in some dangerous sex practices.

(I guess the actor was not a true Taoist in the practice of a harmonious existence. But, hey, nobody’s perfect)

BRICKTOP SAID: “Bruce Lee wasn’t too pleased with Carridine”

Not much love between Carradine and Lee.

In actuality, Carradine was only an actor and a dancer with no extensive martial arts skill. And, Bruce Lee was Bruce Lee.

And, Bruce Lee was turned down for the lead role of Caine in the TV series Kung Fu.

(The demeanor of David Carradine was more representative of a meditative Taoist monk than Bruce Lee’s strong aggressive fight appearance.)

And, then Carradine went on and insulted Bruce Lee’s role in the caper, “The Green Hornet.”

Well I didn’t know where to put this one…
Heard on 102.3 this morning…

Geico was ordered to pay 5.2 mio is damages to a woman who contacted an STD while having sex with someone whose car was insured by them..

Did not have a chance to read into it, but leaves me SMH

Well I didn’t know where to put this one…
Heard on 102.3 this morning…

Geico was ordered to pay 5.2 mio is damages to a woman who contacted an STD while having sex with someone whose car was insured by them..

Did not have a chance to read into it, but leaves me SMH
Hey that’s what these big companies get for putting these arbitration clauses into contracts. They figure they can fuck you over easier this was than going to court. Saves big on lawyers. If the went to court they probably would have grounds for an appeal. Arbitration put constraints on them and the want a do over. Fuck them! They should have paid the 1million the first time. Hats off to her lawyer. Well done

Hey that’s what these big companies get for putting these arbitration clauses into contracts. They figure they can fuck you over easier this was than going to court. Saves big on lawyers. If the went to court they probably would have grounds for an appeal. Arbitration put constraints on them and the want a do over. Fuck them! They should have paid the 1million the first time. Hats off to her lawyer. Well done
I did not read the full article, but yes, the lawyer apparently did a great job..

Why I smh.. I do think society has gone mad.. Another topic for another day I suppose