Islanders

• Thread starter Deleted member 128262
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 128262

A friend of mine said Barzal was the strongest voice in getting Trotz out from the team. Look at him now- 16 points in about 15 games, though they’re all assists, but he’s being allowed to do his thing out there.

A friend of mine said Barzal was the strongest voice in getting Trotz out from the team. Look at him now- 16 points in about 15 games, though they’re all assists, but he’s being allowed to do his thing out there.
Got rid of one of the best coaches in the league. Doubt he had anything to do with it. He is getting paid(overpaid at that) to score goals. Not assists...most of the games he is invisible out there. Overated in my book. I'm an Isles fan so I hope he does better for the teams sake but don't see it happening.Only 15 goals last season and a minus 15...sucks

This team has spiraled out of all playoff potential. Was at the game last night, they are hard to watch. Very indecisive, don't shoot the puck enough, they lack a minimum of 2 goal scorers, can't forecheck. They paid the wrong 2 players in Barzal and JJ, team shot their load in the conference finals back to back a few years ago.

I think its time for a quick rebuild, this roster is not in the same company as some of the better teams in the NHL. Time to sell off, re-tool for a season or two and get in thick of it.

Can't let that Arena go to waste.

Barzal wasn’t the only voice. Pelech and others all weren’t enjoying the game. Trotz was stubborn.

Team has same issues with different coach. They are older. Injuries happen more and more. Lane is new and will make mistakes, but this team wasn’t good last year.

Where is the scoring? Last 5-6 years and nobody has been brought in to score unless they are old. Palmieri can’t even play the top lines.

Defense is flawed. They sure paid a lot for Romanov last summer. They have two defenseman that are worth a damn. Nobody seems to know how to pass or play possession.

All this means that Lou made the NJ Islanders. Slow. Money tied up in 35 yr or older. Until he retires, the team will just keep sinking

D

Deleted member 128262

This team has spiraled out of all playoff potential. Was at the game last night, they are hard to watch. Very indecisive, don't shoot the puck enough, they lack a minimum of 2 goal scorers, can't forecheck. They paid the wrong 2 players in Barzal and JJ, team shot their load in the conference finals back to back a few years ago.

I think its time for a quick rebuild, this roster is not in the same company as some of the better teams in the NHL. Time to sell off, re-tool for a season or two and get in thick of it.

Can't let that Arena go to waste.
I was at the game as well with my wife, my best friend, and his wife. Late birthday present for me. Such a boring game at some points. PP units sucked the big one. A couple of fans even asked if the Islanders could decline the penalties, lol. I was up in section 303, how about you? I’m going to the charity game today between the Isles and Rangers alumni.

I was at the game as well with my wife, my best friend, and his wife. Late birthday present for me. Such a boring game at some points. PP units sucked the big one. A couple of fans even asked if the Islanders could decline the penalties, lol. I was up in section 303, how about you? I’m going to the charity game today between the Isles and Rangers alumni.
Agreed very boring game except for those few minutes in the middle of 1st period. They were lackluster, and yes, their pp was terrible. Lot of unhappy fans, especially in light of all the alumni in house.

I was in section 114, I like the convenience of it, the arena is beautiful , the fans definitely care and support them. But this team is awful, worse than last years team, and last years team sucked like @Smartie101 said.
No goal scorers, nobody to move the puck deep in the zone. Not cohesive, not fun to watch.

They should consider a selloff, no way that team is making the playoffs.

Tarasenko from the Blues? Mayfield was rumored a few years back since he’s from that area. Isles have him cheap right now too…
He doesn't excite me, they just need a finisher. Someone strong to the net and who will attack. JJ and Barzal play too soft. Another Nelson type would be really exciting.

D

Deleted member 128262

I like the names- Thompson is having a coming out party this season. He’s gonna be a stud and he’s BPT Islanders HC Brent Thompson’s kid. I think Buffalo will lock him up unfortunately.

I thought Caufield is done for the year with an injury?

Meier I think has more upside. He’s younger.

Problem with the islanders right now is that they’ve played the most games in the league. They’re playing again tonight against the canucks and should win. We (being a rangers fan) softened them up for you.

Teams like Pittsburgh and buffalo have 5 games in hand. And the Isles only have 26-27 games left. I personally think they’ll squeeze in. But then they’re gonna run straight into Boston and get obliterated …..