Is it better to rent or buy...

justme

homo economicus
...when you are paying for sex from a woman who is a legal resident of the United States, entitled to work here, and is choosing to provide an illegal service without any coercion from a third party?

Renting has its benefits. You never are responsible for repairs to a home or condo. Month to month leases make it easier to move quickly.
On the negative side, you can he asked to move when you're not ready, if you live above the owner they typically complain you're too noisy and you feel like an invader in their house. Also you get no equity for those monthly payments.
Owning can be a bitch too. Your new landlord is the town you live in and they LOVE raising your rent.
But you at least get some equity when you drop dead that your family will get.

Renting has its benefits. You never are responsible for repairs to a home or condo. Month to month leases make it easier to move quickly.
On the negative side, you can he asked to move when you're not ready, if you live above the owner they typically complain you're too noisy and you feel like an invader in their house. Also you get no equity for those monthly payments.
Owning can be a bitch too. Your new landlord is the town you live in and they LOVE raising your rent.
But you at least get some equity when you drop dead that your family will get.
I'm looking at the reality that soon, I will sell my home of 36 years. If I add taxes, improvements, repairs, and maintenance, I probably lost money. The value was raising a family, in a nice place, that was ours. You gotta live some where

I'm looking at the reality that soon, I will sell my home of 36 years. If I add taxes, improvements, repairs, and maintenance, I probably lost money. The value was raising a family, in a nice place, that was ours. You gotta live some where
Well with renting you never get back a dime except your deposit .And that's if you don't have a landlord that doesn't like to give back your deposit even when you take care of the place.

Lol. The difference between this situation and real estate is that this one never appreciates with age.
Not so sure I agree with that Slinky, at least as an absolute. I think that Jane Seymour, Emmylou Harris, and my girlfriend (why I haven't been mongering lately) are fine examples of women that just get better with age, and there are others as well.

Well with renting you never get back a dime except your deposit .And that's if you don't have a landlord that doesn't like to give back your deposit even when you take care of the place.
Nah, you get back all those nice little rent receipts. Plus at least when I shovel my own walk I know it is done as opposed to paying for the landlord to do it before spring comes and it all melts.

I had a place that had 2 apartments in it that I rented out. One of the tenants had a food truck route (what everyone calls a roach coach) and every month he would take out this humongous roll of bills and pay his rent in cash. I had this little pad of receipts, would write on it the month and year Rent received $xxx.xx, signed it and handed it to him.
When he moved out after two years he had 24 nice little rent receipts to show for his stay at the apartment and I had $XXXX to show for it.