Information on asparagus and urine

Except your forgetting one major thing in regards to today's grains....The majority are genetically modified. They are not the pure, heirloom varietal that were consumed by these ancient civilizations thousands of years ago.

I doubt the Aztecs and Mayans were using "Minute Rice" boil in the bag quinoa, or Uncle Ben's Microwavable brown rice in a bag loaded with sodium and other very unnatural preservatives. The majority of population don't know, they see fast and convenient and will opt for those items as opposed to the organic/heirloom type of rice and grains that actually do take time to make.
I appreciate your understanding.

Yes, I am talking about non GMO organic grains as being beneficial, and not the adulterated abominations that have been created for convenience, at odds with our well-being.

Fortunately, because grains have an indefinite shelf life when not exposed to infestation or water, ancient grains are still uncovered at archeological sites in their pristine glory. But one grain can be easily sprouted, yielding thousands to plant fields.

Quinoa is technically not a grain but a seed. However it is used as a grain, very similar to the millet of Northern China. Quinoa is not GMO’d and I never saw it non-organic, as it grows in the lofty mountainous regions. For me, It is too light, airy and non substantial. I could never subsist on it. Maybe if it was milled and made into flatbreads.

But, I agree with you, the general population is just unaware of the nature of food.

They think that sickness falls out of the sky and has nothing to do with what they consume. They remain victims.

I use mine a lot.
The absolutely best way to make rice, quinoa, etc.
If anyone plans to buy one go to HMART and not Bed&Bath and the like.

The one I got is a KT (whatever that means). Well designed — even has a little cup like thing that mounts on the hinged cover so when you open it any condensate runs into the little cup that can be removed and drained later instead of running all over the place where you have the device.
Another approach is next time you go to an AMP look at what the girls are using. Even better talk to girls at an AMP in flushing — sold everywhere there. They will get a kick out of you wanting one and will enthusiastically help you pick right one.

Once you're used it you will kick yourself for ever trying to cook grains in a pot on the stove.

Put the rice in, water ( I sometimes use broth), close the top, press button — red LED turns on. Automatically cooks to perfection, and when done turns off and goes to keep warm mode (red LED turns off and green turns on). My model has nonstick removable pot.

I think it was 30 bucks or so. Lasts forever. Trust me — not one of those appliances that you bought because you thought it was a good idea at the time, used couple times and it ends up stored in your cabinet never to be used again.

Also, do not use Uncle Bens brown (and espcially) white rice. Pick up some short grain brown rice (use scoop how much you want and they weight it at cashier. ) Very tasty and almost nutty flavor.
If your rice cooker is lined with a Teflon-like coating, dump it and pay a little more and buy stainless steel.

The nature of modern rice cookers mimic a pressure cooker device and are very convenient. But smart asian families are trading in the dangerous coated inner pot painted with a non stick chemical.

While you are at it, nix any aluminum cookware.

I appreciate your understanding.

Yes, I am talking about non GMO organic grains as being beneficial, and not the adulterated abominations that have been created for convenience, at odds with our well-being.

Fortunately, because grains have an indefinite shelf life when not exposed to infestation or water, ancient grains are still uncovered at archeological sites in their pristine glory. But one grain can be easily sprouted, yielding thousands to plant fields.

Quinoa is technically not a grain but a seed. However it is used as a grain, very similar to the millet of Northern China. Quinoa is not GMO’d and I never saw it non-organic, as it grows in the lofty mountainous regions. For me, It is too light, airy and non substantial. I could never subsist on it. Maybe if it was milled and made into flatbreads.

But, I agree with you, the general population is just unaware of the nature of food.

They think that sickness falls out of the sky and has nothing to do with what they consume. They remain victims.
I am not a quinoa fan, but I do mix it with other grains, pastas, and rices, to make a medley. Quinoa mixed with Israeli cous-cous is a nice touch, as the quinoa adds a little texture.

Not a huge rice eater as I find it too binding and can cause interference with my kidneys. If I do any rice its basmati or jasmine all the way. An heirloom Carolina gold is nice too.

My weakness is pasta, I can do pasta almost anything. A simple pasta with a fresh tomato sauce, basil, shaved parmesan reggiano is as good as it gets for me. A paparadelle with a short rib ragu, using those braising liquids as a base to the sauce. Lucious!

I am not a quinoa fan, but I do mix it with other grains, pastas, and rices, to make a medley. Quinoa mixed with Israeli cous-cous is a nice touch, as the quinoa adds a little texture.

Not a huge rice eater as I find it too binding and can cause interference with my kidneys. If I do any rice its basmati or jasmine all the way. An heirloom Carolina gold is nice too.

My weakness is pasta, I can do pasta almost anything. A simple pasta with a fresh tomato sauce, basil, shaved parmesan reggiano is as good as it gets for me. A paparadelle with a short rib ragu, using those braising liquids as a base to the sauce. Lucious!
Very few posts leave me speechless. But, that one did.

You are a knowledgeable, discerning gentleman with a keen, sophisticated palate.

If your rice cooker is lined with a Teflon-like coating, dump it and pay a little more and buy stainless steel.

The nature of modern rice cookers mimic a pressure cooker device and are very convenient. But smart asian families are trading in the dangerous coated inner pot painted with a non stick chemical.

While you are at it, nix any aluminum cookware.
I've am knowledgeable about the alleged hazards of aluminum and Teflon coated cookware.

WADR, there is no basis for concern.

Teflon is only a problem if it breaks down due to very high heat and fumes can be very irritating. It starts to beak down at temoeratures over 560 deg F. Note that the water boils at 212 deg F

The problems with teflon was a chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which was previously used to produce nonstick cookware, but isn’t used today. The problem involved the people manufacturing the teflon; and not those cooking with it.

Just like there are fumes during manufacture of plastic products which can cause health problems in the working environment, involving severe irritation to the nose, lungs and eyes. Once plastic is manufactured there are no hazards unless you burn the stuff and inhale the fumes.
@mugi I assume that should you go to a yogurt place for some frozen Bogart that you use the plastic spoons there and do not bring your own metal spoon?

As far as cooking with aluminum: do not cook acidic foods in aluminum cookware as the acid can pit the aluminum and also alter the food's flavor and appearance.

Thanks are in order today…

The usual routine is to wake up a couple of times on evening to P.
Nothing changed last night, but I noticed a really foul smell after 1st shot. Did not think much, ( thought it was toilet) until the 2’nd round, which was

Now in a panic I am thinking I cought a UTI from amp he a few days before. Toss and turn for the next few hours until I can schedule an appointment at urgent care..

Epiphany… shortly thereafter remembering UG had lengthy discussions on the foul smell urine can have after eating asparagus…

I consumed quite a bit the night before from dinner

A potentially bad day turned better :)

I've am knowledgeable about the alleged hazards of aluminum and Teflon coated cookware.

WADR, there is no basis for concern.

Teflon is only a problem if it breaks down due to very high heat and fumes can be very irritating. It starts to beak down at temoeratures over 560 deg F. Note that the water boils at 212 deg F

The problems with teflon was a chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which was previously used to produce nonstick cookware, but isn’t used today. The problem involved the people manufacturing the teflon; and not those cooking with it.

Just like there are fumes during manufacture of plastic products which can cause health problems in the working environment, involving severe irritation to the nose, lungs and eyes. Once plastic is manufactured there are no hazards unless you burn the stuff and inhale the fumes.
@mugi I assume that should you go to a yogurt place for some frozen Bogart that you use the plastic spoons there and do not bring your own metal spoon?

As far as cooking with aluminum: do not cook acidic foods in aluminum cookware as the acid can pit the aluminum and also alter the food's flavor and appearance.
Interesting movies about Teflon. 1st is a better version in my opinion called The Devil We Know. The 2nd is called Dark Waters. Both cover the same story about how 3M and DuPont made this chemical that can be detected in almost every human being alive today. Scary stuff.

Thanks are in order today…

The usual routine is to wake up a couple of times on evening to P.
Nothing changed last night, but I noticed a really foul smell after 1st shot. Did not think much, ( thought it was toilet) until the 2’nd round, which was

Now in a panic I am thinking I cought a UTI from amp he a few days before. Toss and turn for the next few hours until I can schedule an appointment at urgent care..

Epiphany… shortly thereafter remembering UG had lengthy discussions on the foul smell urine can have after eating asparagus…

I consumed quite a bit the night before from dinner

A potentially bad day turned better :)
What AmPs do you know of that have produced foul smelling urine. Please let me know