In search of a psychiatrist/psychologist

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
I need some help… and what better place to find it than right here…

I need a psychiatrist or psychologist or like a licensed clinical social worker to help me out. I need to travel with my dog to go stay at a place in Florida. According to the people at the condo, I need to get some form or letter or something to certify that Deuce is an ESA. They made it seem very simple and said that all the residents do it.

if you’re able to assist me with this, please reach out. I have no problem paying for the requested service.

Thank you,
~Sophia

This is a very common practice nowadays. You may want to check with your primary care provider or maybe even ob/gyn to write a “To whom it may concern letter”.. I am sure they are familiar with your request.

Keep in mind, when traveling by plane, to check their restrictions for Service Companions.. I have read some have taken advantage of the rule, by trying bringing snakes, livestock ( yes!!) onboard

I’m sure you will get some constructive feedback here.. !! Who in their right mind would deny Deuce and you!!! :)

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
This is a very common practice nowadays. You may want to check with your primary care provider or maybe even ob/gyn to write a “To whom it may concern letter”.. I am sure they are familiar with your request.

Keep in mind, when traveling by plane, to check their restrictions for Service Companions.. I have read some have taken advantage of the rule, by trying bringing snakes, livestock ( yes!!) onboard

I’m sure you will get some constructive feedback here.. !! Who in their right mind would deny Deuce and you!!! :)
I already talked to my primary care doctor and my veterinarian… they both said that the therapist was the way it had to be handled. I don’t have a therapist so I figured I’d shop for one on here. I’m not flying, that’s not the issue.

I tried to get this done for my dog recently when I was going to make an offer on a condo but my therapist refused to sign. She said the state has been cracking down on people abusing the system, and then giving the therapist trouble. Granted, this is a local therapist, Florida may be different. The condo in Florida may only recognize a therapist licensed in Florida, too, it may be worth asking. You may have luck if you have a friend of a friend, so hopefully someone pulls through. Good luck, Sophia.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
It's a sticky issue - as with most stuff having to do with Coops and Condominiums - because the attorneys representing them often tell them they can do WTF they want to and then the attorneys make money on the ensuing lawsuits.

Under the Fair Housing Act (which is Federal so supercedes local laws) they can't deny either Service or Emotional Support Animals. But it goes further: they can't dispute your "proof", either. So theoretically if you have crayon scrawled on a dirty napkin saying you need an ESA, that's good enough. But in practice if they illegally deny you, do you really want to go to court over it?