I have a question for the UG lawyers

My boyfriend had some problems with a tenant, who trashed the whole house, stealing the new appliances and didn't pay rent for months...he also got arrested (how ironic) because he got fed up with the tenants lawyer and went to his office to voice his anger.

We found out, the tenants lawyer has some lawsuits against him and my boyfriend wants to get a hold of this kind of documentation, or a place he can read about it.

Where he can go and look for this stuff???

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Many states post their papers online. Some you have to know the index number of the case, others you can search by name. You can go to the courthouse and look at any case, but you definitely have to know the index number.

My boyfriend had some problems with a tenant, who trashed the whole house, stealing the new appliances and didn't pay rent for months...
Sorry to hear that betty i went thought the same thing my self!....this sounds like a great start to a new thread but IDK if the lawyer's are giving free advise?

yah the state website is the way to go if you know the case number.

if not try googling the lawyers name or the guys who is suing him if you know their name and whatever other information you might know regarding that case to narrow it down and see what shows up.

I also believe you can file a formal complaint with The County Bar association and whatever body licenses lawyers in that state. I believe NY is the state education department

You also might want to consult with a lawyer who might take the case on contingency and take action for false arrest or malicious prosecution. I have been a landlord & had this problem with a village attorney who didn't want to prosecute a complaint against the guy next door to me for running a manufacturing business (not amway, building brick pizza ovens, with cement mixers, bricks & fork lift) out of a house that was zoned residential right next to mine. Did your boyfriend file a complaint with the police for the tenant stealing appliances? I am just guessing here, but that sounds like grand larceny to me. Unfortunately the law often sides with tenants or won't get involved telling you it is a civil matter while the tenant destroys your property. Even if you get an eviction order you have to post money to the sherrif to evict and if you get a judgment you have to locate their assets (if they have any) to collect the judgement. You can also look up penal law (WEG) on the internet

Last edited:
My boyfriend had some problems with a tenant, who trashed the whole house, stealing the new appliances and didn't pay rent for months...he also got arrested (how ironic) because he got fed up with the tenants lawyer and went to his office to voice his anger.

We found out, the tenants lawyer has some lawsuits against him and my boyfriend wants to get a hold of this kind of documentation, or a place he can read about it.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE

and you're giving free pussy and blowjobs?

You can usually find loads of information from the County Clerk's website, and in NY, on the Courts website, you can search for the cases with any name as either plaintiff or defendant for free.... those will give you the index number... with the index number you can request the court files from the clerk's office... but be prepared the clerk's file may not have anything but the most general of pleadings... ie, "The Plaintiff alleges that the Defendant herein did violate".... I cannot imagine any lawyer is going to get involved in the case on a contingency... I would imagine that it would have to be an hourly fee, which should be anywhere from $200 - 450hr... If I were you, I would call some local attorneys, and find a friendly lawyer (they do exist) and get a free consultation.. make an appt and meet them in their office.. you will get a ton of free info..and maybe some real help...

Thanks!!!
Is this a barter, info for service, as i have a good friend who is a lawyer.