How much money have you spent in your life on the hobby?

Back in the 80’s, there was a very popular discount car muffler company called “Meineke.” The old boys will remember it.

Their short and very to the point TV and radio commercials were always an irate customer who was seriously overcharged for service in the past, and unwilling to be overcharged any longer. And, he would cry out, usually very emotionally “I AM NOT GOING TO PAY A LOT FOR THIS MUFFLER.

That pretty much sums up my attitude and modus operandi in my approach to this hobby.

Call me frugal, call me thrifty, call me cheap, but there are plenty of very serviceable young and old ladies that know how to treat you right, at more than fair prices.

The Flushing Jackson Heights thread exhibits such a breed of female companionship.

Sure, they are far from Victoria Secret models, but many are well-kept, willing to please, sweet and kind enough, and in her passionate embrace, if both partners have the right attitude, the sexual ambiance is indistinguishable from those charging ridiculous prices for the same act.

So, at the current street prices of $60 for female comfort, (I just don’t have the heart to demean her to the $40 default rate) once a week, with a variety of women, maxing out at approximately $3000 for a year of very fulfilling activities, amusement and ego-boosting encounters, I have no regrets financially.

Many of them have kept me intact and sane, and have negated the need for a therapist, psychiatrist, drugs and alcohol.

So, figure that into the $3000 yearly tuition, and it becomes even more affordable.

I do keep track in a very detailed way my spending since I graduated from college.
The cost of the hobby for me from 1998 to 2021 is $70,572.47 (some of this spending is in foreign currency so the non rounded number.) In 2021 dollar terms by deflating by CPI for each of the years the spending adds up to $96,654.63. I am very fortunate in that my income during this entire period was fairly high so this level of spending represents a tiny part of my income.

I really enjoyed the AMP experience so far in terms of level of service/$ so I plan to expand my hobby spending in 2022. My budget for 2022 is around $10K.

It’s funny that Jillian Bradley’s was only $300. I remember reading the rates and thinking how that would never be in my price range.
I clearly remember that Jillian Bradley was $300 per hour when I first started in 1998. Sometimes it was hit or miss but their girls were always 8s or 9s. When I first got started I had low expectations and just accepted that DFK BBBJ and heavens forbid CIM were on the menu. As these services became more common by the early to mid 2000s I would always get upset thinking "why could not those 9s from Jillian Bradley provided those services in the late 1990s, that would have been awesome."

I was never that great with women in college and this hobby really helped me with my dating activities. Since I was having, on a regular basis, sex with 8s 9s at places like Jillian Bradley, it helped me act more confident and less needy on my regular dates. It also helped me with practice on how to handle myself with confidence in bed with my regular SO during this period. It also helped me not be intimidated by the rare 8s or 9s that I managed to date. Even if places like Jillian Bradley overcharged me in retrospect and did not provide services in most cases like DFK BBBJ CIM etc etc I am still very happy and grateful for how they helped me with my regular dating life during that time. The $300 plus $60 tip per hour was money well spent during that time.

I do keep track in a very detailed way my spending since I graduated from college.
The cost of the hobby for me from 1998 to 2021 is $70,572.47 (some of this spending is in foreign currency so the non rounded number.) In 2021 dollar terms by deflating by CPI for each of the years the spending adds up to $96,654.63. I am very fortunate in that my income during this entire period was fairly high so this level of spending represents a tiny part of my income.

I really enjoyed the AMP experience so far in terms of level of service/$ so I plan to expand my hobby spending in 2022. My budget for 2022 is around $10K.
Had you bought currency options you would probably not have had to round up or down, saving you some additional time and calculating- just sayin :)

Had you bought currency options you would probably not have had to round up or down, saving you some additional time and calculating- just sayin :)
I withdraw cash from ATM machines internationally because those are good FX rates. Since I withdraw what I plan to spend on the hobby it is easy to track. All other spending on international trips are with credit card. This way you avoid the FX sharks.

pokler

Power Bottom
I withdraw cash from ATM machines internationally because those are good FX rates. Since I withdraw what I plan to spend on the hobby it is easy to track. All other spending on international trips are with credit card. This way you avoid the FX sharks.
That's why fx traders make millions a yr

pokler

Power Bottom
FX as in Foreign Currency Traders..
If so, I respectfully disagree

There is just as much money ( if not more) to be made in equities. Significantly more liquidity as well as many more platforms and out outlets to trade on
Sure there's lots to be made in equites and other assets but I'm sure what that has to do with good fx traders making seven figures.