How many hobbyists are also swingers?

The less cosmopolitan an area, I find, the more swinging takes place. The exception was NYC in the late 70's/early 80's. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away. :)

I think it is a response to boredom. PA, north-west NYS [Buffalo/Rochester area], mid-west outside the major cities, all hot beds for swinger activity.

Last edited:
NJ seems to have a lot more offerings in this area than NY... but if you go into PA, there's even greater concentration of swinger-type activity. PA seems to be the central hub for swinging, just based on how many clubs and parties that I see listed there vs other areas. Never been to a PA party before so I'm not sure how the scene is different there, though.

coolguy, what do you recommend as far as NY is concerned? I havent had much success there so far..

There really ISN'T much to recommend in NYC; that was my point. IF you're into playing and not paying, unfortunately your options are either limited or you're literally fishing. If you're into a group scene, unless you have a willing partner to go to a club or party with, it's not really gonna happen here.

I'm working on a possibilty from another source; married folks looking for each other. It's not swinging, so it's kinda off topic.

Slinky, I will write to you to see what you specifically have in mind and see if I can be of any aid or assistance.

I used to be a regular at Checkmates in NYC, and still get there newsletter. I also been to the one on 27th and Madison, can not recall the name right this second several times. I been to the ones in Pompano Bch , Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami. I basically had 3 diff girls i would go with, none P4P, 2 who were married. We started off going to clubs here on Long Island, which all are off premise clubs, but I enjoy the on premise ones in NYC.

I would if...

I had a date who was into it and the other "swappers" were there to engage. I went to one once with a date and she and I were the only ones willing to get comfortable. Everyone else there were either looking at us or chatting about ball games of all things. Playing safe is always important, but So is playing :)

so perhaps i'll venture into that again.

As a "swingle" I have gone to a few different places in search of a true swinging experience. I have been burned by going to places in the city which are essentially a "party" with a "cover charge" where they put you in a room, have you undress with a towel and then socialize with a few ladies for you to choose from......IMHO, NYC is a waste of time for "swingles"
But I have been to LI Manor and if you go as a single guy, be ready to be able to go a few times before you have any luck. While it is true that there are mainly couples there, if they like you, yo uare welcome into the "circle of trust". Once you are in, you can show up every week and start dancing with any woman in the place and then make you moves. If they like those moves, then they may ask you to party with them after they leave the Manor. I have gotten lucky there a few different times and it was a blast. There have been several parties on Long Island that I was lucky to get into, so there are some real swingers out here. You may want to check Roberto's too.....I haven't been there, but people at the last party talked about going there.

Hope this helps !!

LI Manor

Years ago when I was single, I tried this place. I guess that I wasn't patient enough because I was bored stiff there and I didn't go back. If I thought that there was more potential, then I would have gone back. After reading the above post, I regret not being more patient and trying harder.
Oh well LOL!!