How dumb is this?

Thought a new thread about stupid things that people do would be fun.

First entry. Randy Moss, NFL receiver for Minnesota Vikings arrested for assault with his car.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=/ap/20020925/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_vikings_moss

First thing he does is decide that he doesn't have to practice.
Then he decides that he's important and comes up with a Randy Ratio thing.

Dumb. Highest paid receiver and acts like a chump.

It never ceases to amaze me how some that have the world by the balls will risk losing it all. He is in the same class as Tyson another slime bucket in my opinion.

you can take the boy out of the country but can't take the country out of the boy... or something like that. it never ceases to amaze me that so many guys who grow up with nothing and then have everything dropped in their lap, don't realize how lucky they are. i mean i can see how thurston howell 3rd's son may not realize how lucky he's got it b/c no real frame of reference, but so many athletes have the frame of reference and still don't get it. even though i can't stand charles barkley, he did say something very interesting once

(paraphrasing) I have made more money than i can ever spend, i have met congressmen, governors, president and kings, all because i can rebound a basketball.

then he noted how f'ed up that was.

Skating

Originally posted by vegasjim
It never ceases to amaze me how some that have the world by the balls will risk losing it all. He is in the same class as Tyson another slime bucket in my opinion.
It is because for their entire career, someone or another has gotten them another chance and helped make the their non-sports problems go away.

Whatever their sport, they are really good at skating.

Re: Skating

Originally posted by redleg609
It is because for their entire career, someone or another has gotten them another chance and helped make the their non-sports problems go away.

Whatever their sport, they are really good at skating.
Seems to me that fans are getting shorter and shorter tempers with these knuckleheads, tho.

A classic case is John Rocker. Another is Mike Tyson. It gets to the point where those who used to be fans of these knuckleheads then turn and cheer when they get pasted.

Eric Iverson is another trainwreck waiting to happen. I expect the fans in Minnesota to boo this bobbinghead whenever and whereever they can...every dropped ball....

I'm sure this list (of boneheaded self-destructive sports persons) can be quite long

And what will be the final outcome of this?

It will most likely be plea barginned down to some 3rd degree misdemeanor. He'll do no jail time. The court will go, tsk, tsk, bad boy Randy, now behave yourself and go play football. Bunch of feakin' crybabies.

Moss, Gooden and Strawberry - 3 idiots!

Originally posted by vegasjim
It never ceases to amaze me how some that have the world by the balls will risk losing it all.
I couldn't have said it better myself VegasJim. Another case... look at both Dwight Gooden and Darryl Strawberry. Those two knuckleheads could have owned the city of New York (even though they were with the Mets). They were children when they broke into the majors... 20 and 18 years old. Had they "shut the fuck up" and played baseball, they could have won more than just one World Series ring with/for the Mets. They both became head cases, got on drugs and look at them now... Darryl has cancer, is still on drugs and keeps getting thrown into and out of jail/recovery houses... Gooden, although he just retired, wasn't/isn't much better. Okay, they did win an additional ring with the Yankees; but what is another ring, when they could have owned the city?

Last edited:
I see that this had gone from the absurd to the totally bizzare. Well, if you haven't heard the charges have been downgraded to simple misdemeanors from a felony because of insufficent evidence. I guess those that witnessed the event hallunicnated it.

Exiting the courthouse, Moss stopped whistling just long enough to tell the assembled media that he(Moss) would be releasing a statement later on to tell just badly he was treated.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I see that this had gone from the absurd to the totally bizzare. Well, if you haven't heard the charges have been downgraded to simple misdemeanors from a felony because of insufficent evidence. I guess those that witnessed the event hallunicnated it.

Exiting the courthouse, Moss stopped whistling just long enough to tell the assembled media that he(Moss) would be releasing a statement later on to tell just badly he was treated.
It is amazing what money will do. Sad.

All he does is catch touchdown passes... Buddy Ryan

But you know the really sad thing here is that everyone knew this was coming. Moss has a scholarship offer withdrawn by Notre Dame (strike one)... Moss had his scholarship pulled by Florida State (strike two)... (I always wondered how a talented receiver like Moss wound up a such a small school, like Marshall, NO ONE else would take a risk on his stupid ass! I digress...) When it was time for the NFL draft, Moss fell to the 18th pick of the first round. Not that he didn't have talent, but teams thought that he was a time bomb. Now this situation happens in Minneapolis (strike three).

Buddy Ryan said it about Cris Carter, "All he does is catch touchdown passes." Buddy Ryan probably meant it too. There comes a time when there is more to life than catching touchdown passes. The question is, "Is the NFL going to send that message to Randy Moss?" The answer, sadly and probably will be, "Not just yet... As long as he can catch touchdown passes, he can do it for me."

Last edited:
Re: All he does is catch touchdown passes... Buddy Ryan

Originally posted by steamman

Buddy Ryan said it about Cris Carter, "All he does is catch touchdown passes." Buddy Ryan probably meant it too. There comes a time when there is more to life than catching touchdown passes. The question is, "Is the NFL going to send that message to Randy Moss?" The answer, sadly and probably will be, "Not just yet... As long as he can catch touchdown passes, he can do it for me."
Chris Carter had some off-field problems that emerged about the time that Buddy released him. There was some sort of alumni booster scandal or something. To his credit, Carter turned his life around and recovered from the path he was on. Maybe with Carter in Minneapolis for a period of time, Moss was kept in check. But I'd have to think that he's a time bomb ticking.

Does anyone still wonder why Moss was drafted so late in the college draft when he was predicted (based on talent) to be in the top 2 or 3? I have a feeling that this isn't the last time Moss will show up in this thread (not even just this season).

tick... tick... tick...

Originally posted by tooma
Don't forget that Moss also had a scholarship revoked from Ohio State.
Tooma, good pick-up, man. I never even heard of this one. Unbelievable.

Good comment TNBT... anyone want to join me in an early R.I.P. for Randy Moss? God forbid it happens, but when it does, will we really be surprised? Oooooops... he might not be an early R.I.P., he might just take the easy way out and (not that I want him to do it) kill somebody.