hold'em poker cruise

A buddy of mine just got back from a hold'em tournament on a cruise. It was a 8 day Carnival cruise out of NYC and he said he had a great time. Wasn't that expensive and you get to pick the cabin category you wanted. He is a fellow monger and said some of the women on the ship were looking for a good time. Not pro's but a few group of females out to have fun.

Anyone else been on one of these or heard about this? Both about the women on cruise and hold'em tournaments?

Waterclone said:
Holdem cruise out of NYC????? Hook me up!!!

It wasn't a small tournament either. It was about 300 people.

I'll go out on a limb here and say I'll get information and do all the leg work if people are interested.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
I know that several of the lines have been putting on "special interest" poker cruises occasionally for some time now (usually at times of the year when they have trouble filling the ships otherwise), but as popular/faddish as poker is these days, I am surprised that running a few tables and/or tourneys has not become available among the standard activity offerrings on all/most cruises. They offer all sorts of other things (e.g., art auctions) that seem less likely to attract customers to me.

-Ww