Hobbying helps my poker game.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
I am sure it must be a coincidence, but I have noticed that every time I play poker after having a session with a girl, I end up winning.

It's tempting to look at the results and say that I must be more relaxed or something, but I really don't notice any difference in my playing. I just seem to get better cards.

Of course, I have winning sessions when I am not getting laid too, but I can't remember the last time I had a losing session after getting laid, or massaged. It's really pushing 100%.

Just an odd observation.

Yeah but do you win enough to cover your hobbying expense for that day?
And do your winnings increase as your hobbying expenses increase?

LOL.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Yes, I definitely win way more than the hobbying expenses. But I play fairly big. Winning or losing $500 is close to break even in my mind.

The amounts are not related, that I can tell. Doesn't matter if it was a $200 session or a $500 session.

I have always kept my poker bankroll separate from all other money, but I am finally deciding to take some of my hobbying money from there. So, the big question is, will my hobbying increase as I win more. :)

Maybe your session before puts you in a more relaxed frame of mind and therefore your poker playing is more relaxed and harder for your opponents to really know what your thinking.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Maybe your session before puts you in a more relaxed frame of mind and therefore your poker playing is more relaxed and harder for your opponents to really know what your thinking.
You would think that would be it, but I don't usually carry "relaxation" around once I leave a session. I am a pretty relaxed guy anyway, but once the session is done, I am usually done with it.

But who knows. Maybe not.

You would think that would be it, but I don't usually carry "relaxation" around once I leave a session. I am a pretty relaxed guy anyway, but once the session is done, I am usually done with it.

But who knows. Maybe not.
Here's the options:

1) Hobbying before has an affect on the cards you get afterwards.

2) It's all in your mind and there's no difference at all.

3) Hobbying before effects the way you play
a) You flash less tells from being less edgy
b) You play either tighter or looser.

Do you think the chances that it is #1 are greater than zero?

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
If getting laid by a whore makes you a better poker player then BMM should start playing Patrik Antonius heads up in 200/400 NLHE

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Granted, that if it's all in my mind, I would have no way of knowing that it was all in my mind. A delusional person can't tell what is real and what isn't.

However, assuming I have a reasonable grip on reality, the difference between it being in my mind and it being coincidence, is that if it's in my mind, my results actually haven't changed. I am winning and losing at the same ratio, whether I hobby or not. But with coincidence, the results are different. I am actually winning more often when I hobby, but there isn't a cause-effect relationship between the two.

Last edited: