Hi... I’m happy to be new here.

Hello friends,

This my first post, but I been reading the forums for a couple years now.

I’m in Suffolk. Nearer to Hauppauge/ Islandia area.

So far, I have only vicariously indulged in this hobby by reading your posts. I have absolutely no action at home.
I have to say that recent posts about Lury have exploded my interest.

Thanks for this great resource.

Cheers guys.
BR

Hi @Bob-Randolph, welcome to UG! Finally, another East-Ender ... lol. (It's kind of an inside joke - defining what constitutes Eastern Suffolk. There is a thread to that effect here ... might as well had a discussion about what GFE means - our esteemed members were unanimously divided!)

Enjoy your stay here and look forward to your contributions!

V

Thank you!

Hi @Bob-Randolph, welcome to UG! Finally, another East-Ender ... lol. (It's kind of an inside joke - defining what constitutes Eastern Suffolk. There is a thread to that effect here ... might as well had a discussion about what GFE means - our esteemed members were unanimously divided!)

Enjoy your stay here and look forward to your contributions!

V
HI V
Thanks for the welcome.
IMO... east end should start at about Nicolls Rd. That is about the middle. Dividing east and west... might be logical to set that line in the middle.

Enjoy your posts dude.

I remember there used to be talk of the five townships of Riverhead, Southampton, East Hampton, Southold, and Shelter Island breaking off and forming Peconic county. Location_of_Peconic_County.svg.png