Hernia

Hey all,

Well it just seems that I'm too much of a nice guy and was helping my neighbor. Moved his cast iron boiler and popped a hernia. According to the doctor she said the hernia was a size of a fingernail. Very small and should be ok without aggravating it. This would be like 6 weeks or so.

Has anyone had the surgery or still living with a hernia w/o surgery? Its a dull pain, thinking it was an appendix instead. If it was an appendix, I would be in serious pain. Glad its not but now I'm facing the hernia.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I had on repaired about 11 years ago. I was bent over for three days, couldn't work out for two months.

But now they have better procedures and you should be able to heal quicker.

I had a hernia...much larger then a finger...about the size of a small nerf football right in the abdomin. Hurt like heck...Dr. pushed it back in then needed surgery to fix it in the morning. I was out of work maybe 3 or 4 days. Heavy bandages and staples. That was 8 / 9 years ago.

Hey all,

Well it just seems that I'm too much of a nice guy and was helping my neighbor. Moved his cast iron boiler and popped a hernia. According to the doctor she said the hernia was a size of a fingernail. Very small and should be ok without aggravating it. This would be like 6 weeks or so.

Has anyone had the surgery or still living with a hernia w/o surgery? Its a dull pain, thinking it was an appendix instead. If it was an appendix, I would be in serious pain. Glad its not but now I'm facing the hernia.
I remember the appendix test when I was a kid, if you can lift your right leg you are not having an appendix, every single bellyache my Mom had us lifting our leg first. You would be in agony if it was an appendix.

I hope you feel better and next time tell the neighbor to hire some professional movers or rent a wheely thingy that moves stuff without lifting. I can't tell you how many ex-boyfriends hurt themselves helping thier friend's move.

I've had a hernia repair about 14 years ago and it's perfect, now I have one on the other side that is getting big. I work in construction and we always go trough them. Supposed to be a new procedure now that has a much faster healing time, but sometimes fails.... I have to get it fixed but i don't know wich should I go with....

A Chiropractor friend defined hernia as "something where it should not be", and by that definition I am certain the types -- and implications -- of hernias vary as much as a broken bone somewhere or random cut or random size would. Of course exercise possibly strengthen the tissues that hold things in place, so that would change the prognosis.

Last edited: