Here we go again........

so you bathe improperly? what is that supposed to even mean? maybe he thinks you spit in the air and try to get under it to get clean? some people need to get a life.

You know I might not have the most desired service in the industry but for those who do like it I work really hard to ensure they are happy. I do not think I have anyone leave and think "oh that was a waste of time" or "she smelled bad". I wash my hair and set everyday. I naturally have very little body hair being a natural redhead but I still wax and shave, I make sure I leave enough time between every session to freshen up. I get on my hands and knees when I am finished working scrubbing my studio for the next time no matter how tired I am. Why would I offer a shower before and after if I did not take them myself. Besides bodyrub soap is my life, it's really stupid.

Emily, you don't need to defend yourself here. Everybody who's seen you, including me, knows the truth.

Thanks you so much. I need to post on CL and it makes me sad that after all my years of hard work I can still be victimized as if nothing I have accomplished matters. I had to say no to a inquiry tonight and this is when the madness started. I haven't even been around in days. Please flag these cruel posts.

Emily, I also make my own soaps, using essential oils.
What base do you use?

Barnabas

Thanks great, another soapmaker. It's a fun trade.

I am in the early stages of making the product, mostly I am doing research and networking until I can raise more funds to start full force production. I will not have enough finished produts for a few months, hopefully the Fall.

I use two carrier oils as a acid - coconut and sunflower. The base is a small amount of sodium hydroxide pearls (it still scares me to handle). I also have a help seed oil recipe. It a volatile, expensive oil so I think it will be one of the last I will produce. I have about 8 recipes I work with most with not more than a few ingredients each.

I cheat, I use unscented anti bacterial liquid soaps, and add oils to that.
Alot less chemicals! and can be done in your own bathroom.
My best results has been with peppermint (I got the idea from Dr. Bonner)
and eucalyptus oil -- a bit strong but a nice tingle on the skin

I cheat, I use unscented anti bacterial liquid soaps, and add oils to that.
Alot less chemicals! and can be done in your own bathroom.
My best results has been with peppermint (I got the idea from Dr. Bonner)
and eucalyptus oil -- a bit strong but a nice tingle on the skin
That's okay, there is no one way to make soap. I use cold saponification method. It takes a long time but it makes a beautiful bar of soap. It needs to be cured for a month to rid itself of any lye. There is a farm in Washington state that has organic oils ad flowers at very reasonable price. Go to Rose Mountain Herbs and check it out. Watch out of pepermint oil it can dry your skin.

PS: Could everyone please flag that nasty post for me, thanks.

Last edited: