Head shavers

God created only so many perfect heads. The rest he covered with hair.

Speaking of comparisons the one I get a lot is Bruce Willis.
That's a good look. I pray that you will not get dementia like him. Unfortunately, it's so sad because he is relatively young.

Though not a head shaver, I use a shampoo/conditioner to shave my face with my daily shower. I have found this to be a fantastic alternative to conventional shave creams. The lubricants in the shampoo seem to grab the stubble better than shave cream for me.

For shampoo, I would recommend, Mitch - Double Hitter a 2-1 shampoo/conditioner. I have been using this product for 15 years which was recommended by my long time stylist.

I use Harry's for my blades which is incredibly cost effective and just a fantastic company. I recently began using their soaps as well.

I’ve become very lazy when it comes to head shaving. I used to be on it like white on rice. Now I keep it very short with 70’s sideburns and a full fumanchu mustache .

But The easy fix is a good set of hair Clippers that a barber would use. They’re not perfect, but they get the job done. And there’s no Knicks scratches or razor burn.

God created only so many perfect heads. The rest he covered with hair.

Speaking of comparisons the one I get a lot is Bruce Willis.
I get the exact comparison….. Especially when he did the Dead Wish reboot. Because I walk around with the same hoodie he was donning in the movie ….. Funny

billyS

Reign of Terror
I’ve become very lazy when it comes to head shaving. I used to be on it like white on rice. Now I keep it very short with 70’s sideburns and a full fumanchu mustache .

But The easy fix is a good set of hair Clippers that a barber would use. They’re not perfect, but they get the job done. And there’s no Knicks scratches or razor burn.

I get the exact comparison….. Especially when he did the Dead Wish reboot. Because I walk around with the same hoodie he was donning in the movie ….. Funny
For me it's usually with sun glasses. I was walking down Queens Blvd on sunny afternoon and this black dude was like, "hey Bruce Willis, I know that's you trying to hide", then he was laughing and telling his girlfriend "yo that dude look like Bruce Willis"

Thanks, I'm going to look into that one.
That is the one with the wheels that I mentioned earlier. It does a fine job but the adapters are flimsy and will break from usage. You get an extra adapter and when that's gone then you have to buy replacements with a new razor. It's too expensive.

I'll agree with the Pitbull recommendations. Bought the Platinum Pro and it's easy and efficient. 1 piece of advise is to not go more than one week without using or the heads clog with hair and have to be tapped/cleaned out.

when I got Hodgkin’s Disease in my twenties, I dealt with the chemo alopecia by getting my hair cut shorter and shorter every couple weeks. knew a hairdresser in Tucson who helped me out with it. never ended up losing all my hair, but it got thinner and thinner.. oh, and if you’re used to having eyebrows and eyelashes, get ready to lose them too.

I’ve just about joined the bald look, though no choice of my own- Chemo induced baldness is not for me-

If I may ask a silly? question…

In lieu of shaving the remaining patches off, would some type of hair remover ( nair) do the trick ?

This is really a great question. Been shaving my head not for about 25 years. I have tried several good electric shavers (Phillips, Braun and Norelco) but I find that they never shave as close as a blade and I find that they irritate me. I have been using triple blades from defender (sensitive skin) and they are great. I love the spacing on the blades and I have Never nicked myself with them. I once tried Harry’ and on the first stroke with the blade it cut me very badly. I maintain it was a defective blade and I sent a picture of the cut to Harry’s and they settled with me for something like 2-3 grand and then I went back to the defender blades. As for creams to shave with etc. I use a brush to apply and I find that the dollar shave club shave cream is the best for me. If you find an electric (or battery powered) shaver that works and gets a close shave, it’s something I might considered because I agree that the shaving in the shower is a pain and is time consuming.

billyS

Reign of Terror
This is really a great question. Been shaving my head not for about 25 years. I have tried several good electric shavers (Phillips, Braun and Norelco) but I find that they never shave as close as a blade and I find that they irritate me. I have been using triple blades from defender (sensitive skin) and they are great. I love the spacing on the blades and I have Never nicked myself with them. I once tried Harry’ and on the first stroke with the blade it cut me very badly. I maintain it was a defective blade and I sent a picture of the cut to Harry’s and they settled with me for something like 2-3 grand and then I went back to the defender blades. As for creams to shave with etc. I use a brush to apply and I find that the dollar shave club shave cream is the best for me. If you find an electric (or battery powered) shaver that works and gets a close shave, it’s something I might considered because I agree that the shaving in the shower is a pain and is time consuming.
Where/how do you buy the defender triple blades? Dollar shave for the cream is online only?

I've gone through a few Brauns and Norelco for my face and beard trimmers but I initially bought an Andis for my head when I decided to stop wasting time and money at the barber and do it myself.

The problem with the Andis is that I kept breaking the foil and went through a few of them. I never got the hang of applying just the right pressure to get a close shave and not cracking the foil. So that's when I switched to the Gillette Fusion in the shower.

Look into women's razor blades. They are much better for shaving. I can get a 5 pack of 5 bladed razors with moisture strips for like 10 bucks at target or Walmart. The machines leave my scalp irritated

Where/how do you buy the defender triple blades? Dollar shave for the cream is online only?

I've gone through a few Brauns and Norelco for my face and beard trimmers but I initially bought an Andis for my head when I decided to stop wasting time and money at the barber and do it myself.

The problem with the Andis is that I kept breaking the foil and went through a few of them. I never got the hang of applying just the right pressure to get a close shave and not cracking the foil. So that's when I switched to the Gillette Fusion in the shower.
My error it’s a five blade razor

I think you can get dollar shave club cream online here https://us.dollarshaveclub.com/collections/all and Amazon and CVS. I just bought a 2 pack on Amazon and they deliver here in Israel.

https://defenderrazor.com/
I stocked up on these before I moved

billyS

Reign of Terror