Head shavers

billyS

Reign of Terror
Anyone use and can recommend one of those five rotating blade head shavers I see advertised all over social media?

The one I'm seeing the most is the Freebird for $69.

I've been using a straight edge once, sometimes twice a week but it's getting to be a PIA and time consuming. Not to mention last night I nicked myself behind the ear because I was in a hurry.

Any serious recommendations appreciated.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I just use a Gilette razor with shaving cream for the face and head in the shower every morning, only takes a couple minutes. Nothing seems to beat a blade. Then twice a week do cleanup on the crotch same tools.
Actually I misspoke, I use a Gillette razor not a straight edge. But I'm trying to get away from that.

I have been shaving my head for 13 yrs. If you want the best shave, then get yourself an old-fashioned DE razor using Double Edge Blades. You can go online and get 100 blades for 7 to 10 dollars. That's 7 to 10 cents a blade and you probably get 3 to 4 headshaves with it or up to 8 face shaves. Now, there is a learning curve, but once you dial it in, then you get it as smooth as possible. Best results is to use shave soap and a brush. The crap in a can is garbage.

Nothing comes close to a razor. Except maybe a headblade. But thats just a razor on wheels.
Tried the headblade did not like it, was to used to using the regular razor. I can usually go 2 weeks doing the head and face per blade. I use a brush and The Art of Shaving in a container. So much easier doing in it the shower, have been doing it since mid 90's.

Anyone use and can recommend one of those five rotating blade head shavers I see advertised all over social media?

The one I'm seeing the most is the Freebird for $69.

I've been using a straight edge once, sometimes twice a week but it's getting to be a PIA and time consuming. Not to mention last night I nicked myself behind the ear because I was in a hurry.

Any serious recommendations appreciated.
Buy any kind of Amazon the 20 dollar one will get the job done

I have been shaving my head for 13 yrs. If you want the best shave, then get yourself an old-fashioned DE razor using Double Edge Blades. You can go online and get 100 blades for 7 to 10 dollars. That's 7 to 10 cents a blade and you probably get 3 to 4 headshaves with it or up to 8 face shaves. Now, there is a learning curve, but once you dial it in, then you get it as smooth as possible. Best results is to use shave soap and a brush. The crap in a can is garbage.
Although I don't do headshaves as I have a full head of hair (as it is said proper genetic selection of my mother's father), I agree with the shave soap and brush. Started doing that pre-covid when I bought a shave set on sale just for the hell of it (brush, brush holder, shave mug and circle cake of shave soap.)

Using the brush allows you wet it with hot water, soap it up (takes literally 2-3 secs twirling in the mug) allowing nice very warm shave soap to be applied to the area to shave (takes about 5 seconds to rinse the brush with cold water and hang it back on the holder). You can buy a set now for around 25 bucks.

Ps. I am always envious of the bald guys. I mean the time and cost I go thru daily with the shampoo, the conditioner and then the monthly haircuts. Plus I have to spend time after an AMP massage session when the girl does a scalp massage and it is hard to get my mussed up hair back in order. And then my hair always gets mussed when I tke off my baseballcap.
You guys are so lucky :rolleyes:

billyS

Reign of Terror
Although I don't do headshaves as I have a full head of hair (as it is said proper genetic selection of my mother's father), I agree with the shave soap and brush. Started doing that pre-covid when I bought a shave set on sale just for the hell of it (brush, brush holder, shave mug and circle cake of shave soap.)

Using the brush allows you wet it with hot water, soap it up (takes literally 2-3 secs twirling in the mug) allowing nice very warm shave soap to be applied to the area to shave (takes about 5 seconds to rinse the brush with cold water and hang it back on the holder). You can buy a set now for around 25 bucks.

Ps. I am always envious of the bald guys. I mean the time and cost I go thru daily with the shampoo, the conditioner and then the monthly haircuts. Plus I have to spend time after an AMP massage session when the girl does a scalp massage and it is hard to get my mussed up hair back in order. And then my hair always gets mussed when I tke off my baseballcap.
Thanks to some AI apps I'm able to see what I'd look like with a full yet graying head of hair.

Of course it bothered me while I was loosing it but that was a long time ago and now I never give it a second thought except when I realize how low maintenance a shaved head is, especially right out of the shower. I would spend up to a half hour between washing, conditioner and blow drying back in that 70's to achieve that look.

ItsDanni

I Hate Men, I Just Use Them And Then Complain
Hey there! Working in groups homes as a nurses assistant, we are typically in charge of grooming our patients. The Nursing Department in my particular group home asks families to bring in rechargeable razors with the rotating blades because we saved on shaving cream, theres never any cuts (unless you’re doing it wrong lol) and these things last for at least three years with proper care and blade cleaning. Hope this helps!

I’ve just about joined the bald look, though no choice of my own- Chemo induced baldness is not for me-

If I may ask a silly? question…

In lieu of shaving the remaining patches off, would some type of hair remover ( nair) do the trick ?

I’ve just about joined the bald look, though no choice of my own- Chemo induced baldness is not for me-

If I may ask a silly? question…

In lieu of shaving the remaining patches off, would some type of hair remover ( nair) do the trick ?
I wouldn't use products such as Nair, etc. The chemicals burn your skin that it will age it with continuous use. Please use a razor, shave soap and a brush.

Lol! Bald guys are fortunate if they have the headshape to carry it. I thank God that I am one of the fortunate ones.

Lol! Bald guys are fortunate if they have the headshape to carry it. I thank God that I am one of the fortunate ones. My headshape is similar to my avatar of Bryan Cranston, the actor.