Has Hockey really fallen this much....

.... That the fucking RANGERS win two dramatic game sevens at the Garden and play the Devils for a shot at the Stanley Cup Finals and no one has mentioned it. Has Hockey dropped below the 4th sport in NY?

The games are televised on NBCSN which many people don't get. My cable provider is AT&T U-verse and NBCSN is considered a premium channel. People are not going to watch that which they cannot see. I did watch the game 7 last night on streaming video, but the qulaity of the video sucked and I would rather watch something in HD on the big screen. Along with everyone else.

That's bullshit that MSG doesn't carry ALL Ranger games now that they mean something. Hockey has dug it's own grave by basically blacking out the most important games of the season in a market like NY with two teams in the finals.

But it's no excuse when you consider that hockey was never bigger in NY than in the late 70's and early 80's when none of the playoff games were on free TV or even the home cable. I remember going to Charlie O's at the Garden when I couldn't get tickets or other very select places in the area that carried those Ranger/Islander games on CCTV or old fashioned Satellite.

Potvin still sucks.

Last edited:
The games are televised on NBCSN which many people don't get. My cable provider is AT&T U-verse and NBCSN is considered a premium channel. People are not going to watch that which they cannot see. I did watch the game 7 last night on streaming video, but the qulaity of the video sucked and I would rather watch something in HD on the big screen. Along with everyone else.
It took me 30 minutes to figure out what channel NBCSN was for my cable company because I never knew it existed. Now If I could only get my cable company to have the NFL Network not be a premium channel.

What is the difference between the NBA having the Knick playoff games on ESPN (or was it TNT) and MSG last week but the NHL only having the Rangers on NBCSN and not MSG?

Since Ozzy mentioned that no one is talking about Devils/Rangers, Fat Francesa started his show with Andy Pettite's ho-hum return to baseball.

last Wednesday...Knicks v Heat, Rangers Game 6, Yankees and Mets. TV ratings? Knicks #1, Yankees #2, Rangers #3 and just barely beat Mets. NY is still a baseball town first and hockey will always be #4 in America. That said, Let's Go Rangers!!