Greatest Studio Artists

I like a lot of artists but some of my favorites are:

Richard Diebenkorn
Giorgio Morandi
Mark Rothko
Ad Reinhardt
Jackson Pollack
Hiroshige

That mokey that fooled everybody was pretty good as well...LOL, art, well abstract art anyway, is something that I just don't care for... some tool telling me that a black cicle in the middle of a white canvass is a tortured soul looking for its freedom, well, ti each his own...

ohhh yes....

slinkybender said:
Anyone on any Steely Dan album.

You got that one right.... Donald Fagan only uses the finest studio musicians available. He is a perfecectionist. I have seem some studio sessions where Mr. Fagan made a drummer do a take 10 times cause he felt he wasn't hitting the hi-hats hard enough.

The first time I saw Goya's "Black Paintings" at the Prado I was floored. Couldn't believe they are kept in the basement. The Turner Museum in London is a stop on every trip to the UK (as is the Imperial War Museum).

Turner's skies are amazing. El Greco (his amazing skies) and Velasquez (vibrant brush work) were also both way ahead of their times.
Since a few people mentioned illustrators, you have to mention Frank Frazetta. Cable had a doumentary on about him. Amazing artist.