GREAT Wine in the $30's

Looking for some suggestions. Only one I've found was a burgundy form Clos de Chenes and I saw it in a N.H. state liquor store. I bought all 4 bottles they had, wish they had more. There must be more surprise vintages out there. Remember, these wines can't be more than in the $30s'. Who has some suggestions?

Toreador must be getting pretty frustrated by now.

I was gonna post something snide about how this is why it's stupid to even float questions like that on boards that specialize in something else. But out of mercy, I'll post the following. (Vintages vary, but I've found these producers to be CONSISTENTLY good.)

The lower ranges of the Au Bon Climat pinot noirs from Santa Barbara, California.

Juan Gil, Jumilla, Spain (ridiculously cheap for how good it is).

AN2, the second wine from Anima Negra in the Balearic Islands in Spain.

Last edited:
justlooking said:
I was gonna post something snide about how this is why it's stupid to even float questions like that on boards that specialize in something else. But out of mercy, I'll post the following. (Vintages vary, but I've found these producers to be CONSISTENTLY good.)

Are you trying to say that crack ho's can't be wine connoisseurs?

Argentina and Chile have produced some top quality wine with the help of some of the biggest names in the business. Some are still relatively inexpensive but I doubt this will remain for much longer.

Here are my top 2 both under $30

(<$20) Catena Chardonnay (Argentina) - Paul Hobbs, one of the most respected winery owners/wine masters consulted Catena over the last few years. Their Chardonay is almost good as Paul Hobbs' own wines at half the price

(<$30) Los Vascos Cabernet Sauvignon (Chile) - Domaines Barons Rothschild (Chateau Lafite Rothschild) has a major stake in this vinyard...Even the label resembles the most famous of the first growths. Need I say more?

Last edited: