Gorilla Glued Hair and Other Acts of Stupidity

....WTF are people thinking — Are they that dumb?.......
Yup.
You do realize of course that 50% of the population has an IQ that ranges from middle average to total idiot?
Keeping that in mind it shouldn't be surprising that a certain percentage of that cohort end up as subway motormen.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Today’s NY Post features an article showing a NYC/MYA subway motorman letting his girlfriend operate the D train for several stops .. and then stupid enough to post it on social media—
WTF are people thinking — Are they that dumb?

I guess the “ Traffic in Flushing” thread will live on.. No public transit for me :)
Not the first time that has happened.

Yup.
You do realize of course that 50% of the population has an IQ that ranges from middle average to total idiot?
Keeping that in mind it shouldn't be surprising that a certain percentage of that cohort end up as subway motormen.
And this moron costs taxpayers ( according to the article) appx 120k a year in salary, plus benefits etc-

Civil service.. who knew….

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Yup.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
George Carlin

And this moron costs taxpayers ( according to the article) appx 120k a year in salary, plus benefits etc-

Civil service.. who knew….
Well, as with teachers and other civil servants, when they accepted the job the knew that they were trading off a higher salary being offered to other occupations for the job security and a modest pension of civil service.

Wait! Did you say $120K plus benefits, etc. ???

Well, as with teachers and other civil servants, when they accepted the job the knew that they were trading off a higher salary being offered to other occupations for the job security and a modest pension of civil service.

Wait! Did you say $120K plus benefits, etc. ???
Sir, yes Sir… :)
120 plus benefits….

“There are people who do not work here who we are paying,” Feinberg said, told the Daily News. “It’s crazy … I absolutely believe there are a lot of people wandering around and no one knows who they report to.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-transit-president-metro-system-pays-people-who-dont-work
She is speaking on MTA as a whole. Transit has a pretty good handle on jobs. LIRR on the other hand has a huge problem as evidenced with arrests related to overtime and disability fraud.

“There are people who do not work here who we are paying,” Feinberg said, told the Daily News. “It’s crazy … I absolutely believe there are a lot of people wandering around and no one knows who they report to.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-transit-president-metro-system-pays-people-who-dont-work
Four men were bragging about how smart their dogs were. One was an engineer, the second man was an accountant, the third man was a chemist, and the fourth was a civil servant.

To show off, the engineer called to his dog. "T-square, do your stuff." T-square trotted over to a desk, took out some paper and a pen and promptly drew a circle, a square, and a triangle. Everyone agreed that was pretty smart.

But the accountant said that his dog could do better. He called to his dog and said "Spreadsheet, do your stuff." Spreadsheet went out into the kitchen and returned with a dozen biscuits. He divided them up into 4 equal piles of 3 biscuits each. Everyone agreed that was good.
.....(trimmed for brevity)

Then the three men turned to the civil servant and said, "what can your dog do?" The civil servant called to his dog and said "Coffee Break, do your stuff." Coffee Break jumped to his feet, ate the biscuits, drank the milk, sexually assaulted the other three dogs, claimed he injured his back while doing so, filed a grievance report for unsafe working conditions, put in for workers compensation and went home for the rest of the day on sick leave.

Are you disparaging subway motor men and women?
Not at all.
Just because the IQ requirement isn't very high to be a subway motorman doesn't mean that if you are a subway motorman that you do not have a high IQ; it just means that lower IQ applicants are not screened out; hence you may have a situation where "NYC/MYA subway motorman letting his girlfriend operate the D train for several stops .. and then stupid enough to post it on social media—"

Not at all.
Just because the IQ requirement isn't very high to be a subway motorman doesn't mean that if you are a subway motorman that you do not have a high IQ; it just means that lower IQ applicants are not screened out; hence you may have a situation where "NYC/MYA subway motorman letting his girlfriend operate the D train for several stops .. and then stupid enough to post it on social media—"
“There is no such thing as human superiority “ Dwight D. Eisenhower….. Remember this next time you visit your barber.

Not at all.
What’s the IQ requirements for Nypd former officer Paz that ran several cat houses? Asking for a friend.

“There is no such thing as human superiority “ Dwight D. Eisenhower….. Remember this next time you visit your barber.
There most certainly is IMHO, it just depends on the criterion used to measure it.

For example: If I started training as a boy, devoted and focused every waking minute and trained by the best experts, I would never be anywhere nearly as good a Tiger Woods was in playing golf; I simply do not have the same level basic genetic inheritance of the superior neurological connections between brain and those muscles needed for the sport. I would level out at perhaps a good player but never in the upper echelon.

There most certainly is IMHO, it just depends on the criterion used to measure it.

For example: If I started training as a boy, devoted and focused every waking minute and trained by the best experts, I would never be anywhere nearly as good a Tiger Woods was in playing golf; I simply do not have the same level basic genetic inheritance of the superior neurological connections between brain and those muscles needed for the sport. I would level out at perhaps a good player but never in the upper echelon.
You sell yourself short genius. Unless there is some physical attributes required. I can see you in the green jacket now.