Google could save your life...

Many of you know this already but for the uninitiated or those who haven't stopped to consider:

Knowledge is power but it is also a shield. It can protect you from those in this industry who, either from malice or lack of vision, are unprepared to be straight-forward with their potential clients about the state of their well being. A well being that is totally their own concern and business up until its existence places your life in jeopardy.

All noninvasive tools are fair use when trying to remain safe. Website postings can give insight into the character and dealings of providers and johns alike. Helping those on both sides of "this thing of ours". Google searches can turn these up by screen names. Not just on sites like this one but on others dedicated to other things. One can turn up all sorts of info, even evidence of things like heavy intravenous drug use and other bits of business that add risk to seeing someone. Imagine the hours, maybe days or weeks, of concern avoided by minutes spent on the computer. When I was actively seeking partners via the internet I had several occasions where a little time spent in research potentially saved me much anguish and that was when it was harder to do that kind check.

Networking with those like yourself can help as well. When info is shared among trusted sources everyone can be safer. Providers have sites where they share info on high risk clients. This is certainly fair use of the technology. There are boards where clients do the same. Co-ed boards can't provide this kind of service and shouldn't be expected to. They are best as congenial places of co-mingling. Not that things like this forum itself can't be helpful in arming folks with info that if used can make you safer.

Don't let the mad rush to make money or find sexual satisfaction lead to avoidable misadventure. Invest time and resources is learning how to stay safe and using what you've learned. The very life you save might be your own.

Great advise Thorn! I hope everyone who reads it will take the information and use it to his/her advantage! Staying safe out there is the most important thing in this hobby!

Another search resource...

... relatively new and still in beta is Tin Eye. The amount of pix it has in its database is still growing so it is not the be all and end all on any search for matching pictures across websites, but it is a good tool to make use of even at this point in its short existence.

www.tineye.com

It is a reverse lookup search engine for pictures. There is an apt that allow Firefox, via right click, to send any picture to the site for a lookup.

By checking pictures in things like CL ads, agency sites, backpage, etc, you can find out all sorts of things. Like if the picture has been used elsewhere, on another site, perhaps with a different name.

This may show you the provider worked elsewhere under another name you can check for reviews, of that the picture is on other sites where it couldn't possible be of a provider so its probably bait and switch.

Use of these types of resources can keep you ought of trouble, loss of money and time, etc.

Last edited: