getting screwed in connecticut

I found the following on line.

Meriden Strip Club Suspected of Prostitution

MERIDEN, CT (AP) -- The Chief State's Attorney has gone to court to permanently shut down a Meriden strip club for alleged prostitution.

A judge Thursday ordered the 2041 Club on North Broad Street closed pending a hearing next week on the state's civil lawsuit.

The lawsuit contends the club that features exotic dancers is a haven for prostitution and says owner David Henderson is among six people arrested in a raid in January.

According to the state Judicial Branch, Henderson is still in custody.

An investigation began following a complaint by a man whose brother allegedly got a sexually transmitted disease after paying for sex at the club.

The club has had several other names including Club Laura, Appateasers and the Kit Kat Club.

It seems extreme that the owner (Henderson) is still in custody after 3 plus months based on a simple prostie arrest. Its the good citizens of the Nutmeg state that are getting screwed since in these times of very tight state budgets,the cost of his incarceration could be put to much better use.

They must have something else on the guy, or he had airline tickets to Costa Rica on him when they busted him along with his Cayman Islands bank book.

I can remember when that club was called the Kit Kat Club which I think was in the early 1990s. We used to stop there on the way back from UConn basketball games. It's on the Berlin Turnpike as are a number of other clubs. From what I recall in the 1990s it was rather tame, but obviously things may have changed. Given the fact that some adult business has been operating on that property for many years, I agree with Bandaid that something else was likely going on with the owner.

When I was in there you couldn't even get attention. The dancers walked lamely around the bar area and hung around their favorites (boyfriends?) at the bar. No mileage in dances, either.

"My brother got a dose in the club" is one of the lamest stories I've ever heard.

The Kit Kat Club was a semi-frequent stop of mine, has to be going back 6-7 years or so. There was a blond girl that worked there who was great for a private dance (that was the deal there - go into a small, closet type room and negotiate your session). But for the most part, the girls were basically crack ho's (they even advertised in the local paper how ugly their dancers were, no joke!) and they would try to hustle you for major money every time. Plus, the door guy was a dickhead who made sure that you saw that he was carrying a firearm, like an amateur badass.

An investigation began following a complaint by a man whose brother allegedly got a sexually transmitted disease after paying for sex at the club.
What a fucking douchebag! If the guy who got the STD didn't report it, why did the brother? I wonder if he got arrested, since it was obvious that he was enjoying the goods until his brother turned him and the club in. I guess he didn't like his brother too much!

What a fucking douchebag! If the guy who got the STD didn't report it, why did the brother? I wonder if he got arrested, since it was obvious that he was enjoying the goods until his brother turned him and the club in. I guess he didn't like his brother too much!

You said it man but i have to think that the whole brother story is questionable. Maybe its like when you hold drugs "for a friend" Something not right here.

That is a weak story

That 'brother std' is weaker than Nancy Pelosi's current line of defense.

1) it is not illegal to transmit a communicable disease,unless one is deliberately trying to infect a partner. Think about arresting everyone that has transmitted swine flu), 2) the "brother" has no standing in any judicial setting unless i) he is the legal guardian of said minor brother.