Getting Neutered

Long story short. A couple years ago some girl reached out to me talking shit that i got her pregnant and that i was her newborn baby's father and shit, the bad part my wife was there next to me and heard it all because i had no where to escape, she grabbed the phone and told the girl off and said "you got the wrong fucking man because he cant have anymore kids and he has paper work to prove it so keep it moving hoe" lmao , never in my life was i so glad to see her angry but at least it wasnt at me and to defend me lol. Dont get me wrong i still had to hear it for the n3xt week but at least it wasn't mine lol.

For me, it was easy peasy. Just a topical anesthetic then a needle that I didn't even feel, then a 10-minute procedure with a very minor incision. Had it done at 6PM and went to work (desk job) the next morning with no ice pack, no pain killers, nothing. Slight discomfort (no pain) for a day and that was it. Simplest thing ever for me. Plus, it's 90% reversible (don't quote me on that number).

Really sounds like overkill.
I doubt that insurance would cover such needless expense.

But even with a local, or no anesthesia at all, the pain is still less than paying 20 years of child support.
Insurance payed 100 percent of it@ Winthrop. Was in pain for a week or 2 but after that i was golden lol.

For me, it was easy peasy. Just a topical anesthetic then a needle that I didn't even feel, then a 10-minute procedure with a very minor incision. Had it done at 6PM and went to work (desk job) the next morning with no ice pack, no pain killers, nothing. Slight discomfort (no pain) for a day and that was it. Simplest thing ever for me. Plus, it's 90% reversible (don't quote me on that number).
Wow wtf i was in pain for about a week or 2, felt like a horse kicked me in the balls lol.

Back then. 20 years ago??? was $600 in a urologist's office. Figured its at least double today. 1/2 hr in the office. Had to get " the talk "first. Came back in a week, to be sure there was no swimmers, under a microscope. Still the best insurance I could buy

Long story short. A couple years ago some girl reached out to me talking shit that i got her pregnant and that i was her newborn baby's father and shit, the bad part my wife was there next to me and heard it all because i had no where to escape, she grabbed the phone and told the girl off and said "you got the wrong fucking man because he cant have anymore kids and he has paper work to prove it so keep it moving hoe" lmao , never in my life was i so glad to see her angry but at least it wasnt at me and to defend me lol. Dont get me wrong i still had to hear it for the n3xt week but at least it wasn't mine lol.
You got a good gal. You are a lucky man.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I am nervous about lasik because of the surpriingly low success rate. What was it like?Have you detailed the experience elsehwere on the board?
No I don't believe I have
Low success rate? Maybe recently because so many new places have opened up?
I had it almost 13 years ago. Never any problems. I had it done in Garden City by the group that pretty much pioneered the procedure. I had two friends that has done it and I monitored their progress for a few years until I felt comfortable enough to get it done.
Glasses are expensive, inconvenient and make you look older. I don't buy that shit that they make you look sexy or intelligent. I've had much better luck with civilians without them.
Another questions let me know.

No I don't believe I have
Low success rate? Maybe recently because so many new places have opened up?
I had it almost 13 years ago. Never any problems. I had it done in Garden City by the group that pretty much pioneered the procedure. I had two friends that has done it and I monitored their progress for a few years until I felt comfortable enough to get it done.
Glasses are expensive, inconvenient and make you look older. I don't buy that shit that they make you look sexy or intelligent. I've had much better luck with civilians without them.
Another questions let me know.
I'm horrifying, so glasses make me a little more cuddly.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I'm horrifying, so glasses make me a little more cuddly.
I never really heard about a low success rate. But what I think has been happening recently is that more doctors are performing the procedure and to compete they are cutting corners.
There are also different ways of doing it and some people aren't candidates for the basic procedure. But a place just trying to make money won't turn people away and that's where the problems come in.
Overall I'm very happy with it, my only issue is I get dry eyes if I don't use the drops for a while. It's only then I get the halos at night sometimes. But it's easily remedied by taking the drops.

I never really heard about a low success rate. But what I think has been happening recently is that more doctors are performing the procedure and to compete they are cutting corners.
There are also different ways of doing it and some people aren't candidates for the basic procedure. But a place just trying to make money won't turn people away and that's where the problems come in.
Overall I'm very happy with it, my only issue is I get dry eyes if I don't use the drops for a while. It's only then I get the halos at night sometimes. But it's easily remedied by taking the drops.
I was wrong, it does appear to have 99% success rate. I remember reading a few years back it was only 70%.

We should probably have a separate thread, but whatever- ha. So how does one really determine a truly reputable place nowadays? I've been debating it and don't mind spending for quality.

We should probably have a separate thread, but whatever- ha. So how does one really determine a truly reputable place nowadays? I've been debating it and don't mind spending for quality.
By the time I inquired if I did it for near sight I would eventually need glasses for farsightedness oh well

I would check with your primary care Dr for a recommendation... There is a website called NYS Physician Finder that gives detailed information on MD’s licensed by NYS..

I was wrong, it does appear to have 99% success rate. I remember reading a few years back it was only 70%.
Yes I agree. I had it done in my mid 50s which was 10yrs ago. I was 6mths into a arrangement with a girl 30yrs younger who did not like the pill. Minor soreness for a day or so. And good ever since

I just had mine done in September, little uncomfortable the week following. I kept getting smashed in the balls with every day items, which didn't feel good at all! For instance, putting on my pants my belt buckle knocked me in the sack, leaning over a table and the corner smacked me in the flesh balloon etc etc. So my recovery was a little different than other people lol. But after that first week or so was up. I feel totally normal, and sex is great with the SO. No more worries, as she was never on bc. Just used condoms which we all know suck. My insurance covered everything except my $25 copay, and $8 lab check to make sure there were no more swimmers. Wish I did this years.